Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:47:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Stop posting articles for other GN'R fans to enjoy, it's stealing! (was Brain in Modern Drummer)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop posting articles for other GN'R fans to enjoy, it's stealing! (was Brain in Modern Drummer)  (Read 74070 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #320 on: April 15, 2009, 10:41:11 AM »

If your going to discuss banning and shit dude, might as well discuss slc's habit of banning ip addresses for no reason at all. He banned mine after I report his copyright infringements....

*Edit* this post was in reference to what Lefttodecay said.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:45:37 AM by chineseblues » Logged
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #321 on: April 15, 2009, 10:46:01 AM »

If your going to discuss banning and shit dude, might as well discuss slc's habit of banning ip addresses for no reason at all. He banned mine after I report his copyright infringements....

You're on his site for the purpose of investigating copyright violations, and you call that "no reason at all", yet you support banning him from here for an argument?

Fuck me.  Talk about cognitive dissonance.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #322 on: April 15, 2009, 10:48:48 AM »

You're on his site for the purpose of investigating copyright violations, and you call that "no reason at all", yet you support banning him from here for an argument?

Actually I only looked at his forum to read a thread I was sent a link to where SLC and all of his followers were bashing this site and anyone who dared to agree with Jarmo. I don't need to investigate any further copyright infringements over there as there are plenty on the main website which he can't ban me from.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #323 on: April 15, 2009, 10:50:25 AM »

He was banned for "investigating copyright violations"? So it's ok for those guys to "investigate" (or more like instigate) here, but when somebody does the same to them, it's an "automagical" ban?

I see you put a nice little twist to it.

He was banned for breaking the rules because he could not have a discussion about copyright violations without calling people names.

The fact that the rest of the "herd" joined in, didn't help him or his friends.  ok

It wasn't the first time this person lost his temper.

In the past, he managed to keep it in The Jungle.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #324 on: April 15, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »

SLCPUNK re-registered..... It's a convenient way to make the past disappear.

It's not about post counts or the date you registered. If you have no respect for those who post here or this place, you'll just have to live with the fact that I don't do this for you.

Don't expect me to do you favors.

The fact that those people racked up posts in the off topic sections and not the GN'R section doesn't really matter to you either.

So the rare occasion that they ventured into the GN'R section, it was only to start shit.

Did you see them post anything nice in that section lately?

I don't recall, maybe they did.

There's been all kinds of things they could've chosen to take part in. For example, I didn't see them post any questions for the band. It was just ignored altogether.

Instead of contributing, they just chose to not to..... But when they had a chance to be whining, they immediately took it.

Speaking of banning, are you gonna ban Adz or not? You didn't reply my question.

Of course not.

I'm a hypocrite and asskisser remember?

Banning a moderator who contributes to the site or a handful of people attacking the site. Tough choice!

/jarmo
'
Can you honestly  say that Adz has contributed to the forums more than SLC punk or Bandita?(Tap I do not know in that cold distant fellow poster fashion so of him I can not speak!)

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #325 on: April 15, 2009, 10:52:58 AM »

AdZ is a moderator so he has contributed a whole lot.

That's the general idea of a moderator. They keep the place tidy when all of you are just happy to act like your moms will clean up the mess. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #326 on: April 15, 2009, 10:54:15 AM »

Actually I only looked at his forum to read a thread I was sent a link to where SLC and all of his followers were bashing this site and anyone who dared to agree with Jarmo. I don't need to investigate any further copyright infringements over there as there are plenty on the main website which he can't ban me from.

rofl @ "followers"

Continue the meme that we can't think for ourselves.  Dehumanize the opposition.  Typical.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #327 on: April 15, 2009, 10:58:43 AM »

He was banned for "investigating copyright violations"? So it's ok for those guys to "investigate" (or more like instigate) here, but when somebody does the same to them, it's an "automagical" ban?

I see you put a nice little twist to it.

He was banned for breaking the rules because he could not have a discussion about copyright violations without calling people names.

The fact that the rest of the "herd" joined in, didn't help him or his friends.  ok

It wasn't the first time this person lost his temper.

In the past, he managed to keep it in The Jungle.

/jarmo

I don't know that anyone was here with the purpose of investigating.  We were here.  Suddenly there was a nice interview with a bunch of needless watermarking.  We made comments.  Some were banned.  We're planning a memorial.

Nice to see you're also using chineseblues's tactic of grouping us.  All people who love watermarking are fine, upstanding, independent thinkers, yet those who oppose it are a herd of followers.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #328 on: April 15, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »

Well freedom78, when I see a group of people agreeing and they all happen to be discussing exactly who said what over here on some other forum, I'm sorry if I tend to think it's a little group thing.

From my understanding, that's what happened.

It's something I've seen happen in the past. So I'm just someone talking out of personal experience.

By the way, that does in no way imply that I'm the only true fan nor does it imply that I'm better than any of you.

Just making sure we're being clear before anybody is either insulted and/or twists my words around.  ok

While we're on the subject of contributing. The whole thing started as an attack on a person who's probably contributed more to this message board than all those who were banned combined.

Just to put things in the right perspective.

Can we get a clear answer on the GN'R wallpapers that are made out of copyrighted artwork/photos/song lyrics from those who oppose altering images? Are you against them?

By default I'd say you're strongly against them since it's stealing somebody else's work and claiming you own it.... But I know better than that.

/jarmo

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #329 on: April 15, 2009, 11:16:40 AM »

I just find this so fucking ridiculous now...I am older, supposedly more experienced then all of you, yet I find myself getting sucked in simply for the fact that I believe you to be incorrect and at this point , unable to even admit and inch of fault. I was a fan long before most of you were even out of highschool. I have bought more merch and cds then any one body has a right too. I have always supported wholeheartedly the band and what they were/are trying to accomplish..I've been there from the beginning,seen 8 times and will never in my life , ever miss the opportunity to see them again..more..where ever and how ever possible...and I can say that for most of the people you banned as well. If that is how you roll, so be it. If being a fan and a fan of this site means to kiss ass or be banned, then ban me. I always had the upmost respect for you and what you were trying to accomplish here. You ran a tight ship but at least we could speak our mind,relatively unscathed anyway...not sure where you lost your way son, but I hope you find your way back and remember, it is people like me, like the people you banned and a few hundred other people that makes this site what it was/is. You created something to be pround of..and now maybe not so much.
 Undecided

Talk about fuckin ridiculous!!!  Could you be any more condescending??  Where do you get off calling a grown man "son"??  Roll Eyes

Just because someone is A LOT younger than you that doesn't mean that they don't have A LOT more 'life experiences' than you do or A LOT more knowledge and insight and experience on certain things.

Wait .......
By your logic, since I'm older than you, Admin and Axl, I'm right about everything here!!! Grin ... including everything concerning GNR??!!??!!  Shocked
HOORAY!!!  HOORAY!!!  THE GYPSY'S ALWAYS RIGHT!!!  headbanger

AXL, KIDDO!!!  CALL ME SO I CAN TELL YOU HOW I WANT GNR RUN!!!  Cool

P.S.  Mr. Rose, Sir.  I was just making a joke.  I'm an old lady.  It was just the dementia talking. nervous

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2009, 11:34:20 AM »

Well freedom78, when I see a group of people agreeing and they all happen to be discussing exactly who said what over here on some other forum, I'm sorry if I tend to think it's a little group thing.

From my understanding, that's what happened.

It's something I've seen happen in the past. So I'm just someone talking out of personal experience.

Well, given that my arguments haven't gone in many of the directions that others' have, I'd say that the "groupthink" approach is simplistic.  Also, there are a number of people arguing the same position who are NOT members over there (or who didn't sign up until this began...or who signed up, but didn't post hardly at all...you get the picture).  They would seem to cast doubt on the idea that the only people who find validity in this are those who belong to Punk's site.

By the way, that does in no way imply that I'm the only true fan nor does it imply that I'm better than any of you.

Just making sure we're being clear before anybody is either insulted and/or twists my words around.  ok

I wouldn't begin to get into such a debate, as it's irrelevant and silly.

While we're on the subject of contributing. The whole thing started as an attack on a person who's probably contributed more to this message board than all those who were banned combined.

Just to put things in the right perspective.

My understanding is that this began as numerous questions as to why the watermark was there, all of which were deleted.  This then lead to the final outburst, which is found at the start of this thread, but which was hardly the beginning of the issue in question. 

Can we get a clear answer on the GN'R wallpapers that are made out of copyrighted artwork/photos/song lyrics from those who oppose altering images? Are you against them?

By default I'd say you're strongly against them since it's stealing somebody else's work and claiming you own it.... But I know better than that.

No, I wouldn't say that I'm against them.  As I said, it's perfectly legal to make a copy of something for personal use (in the US...I can't speak to other countries' laws).  I can copy the first page of Moby Dick and frame it on my wall, if I like, just as I can plaster some pics and logos together to make a wallpaper.  But that's a sideshow.  I'm not concerned with this as an issue of legality.  I don't think anything illegal was done.  The only points I care to make are that watermarking something that was not created by you is misleading and, in this case especially, disruptive to the process of enjoying what was created in the first place.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #331 on: April 15, 2009, 12:30:58 PM »

They would seem to cast doubt on the idea that the only people who find validity in this are those who belong to Punk's site.

As I explained, I was talking about those who were banned.

You didn't exactly manage to convince me that I was wrong in thinking that there was a group of people who all happen to come from the same site with similar views and possibly discussing the whole thing on another forum.

As I've said, I've seen it happen before.

I wouldn't begin to get into such a debate, as it's irrelevant and silly.

I've learned that no matter what I say, it gets twisted into meaning something else.

I've been called a lot of things by GN'R fans just because I support the band. Kinda ironic.

My understanding is that this began as numerous questions as to why the watermark was there, all of which were deleted.  This then lead to the final outburst, which is found at the start of this thread, but which was hardly the beginning of the issue in question. 

The thread was split.

The whining was moved here.

No, I wouldn't say that I'm against them.  As I said, it's perfectly legal to make a copy of something for personal use (in the US...I can't speak to other countries' laws).  I can copy the first page of Moby Dick and frame it on my wall, if I like, just as I can plaster some pics and logos together to make a wallpaper.  But that's a sideshow.  I'm not concerned with this as an issue of legality.  I don't think anything illegal was done.  The only points I care to make are that watermarking something that was not created by you is misleading and, in this case especially, disruptive to the process of enjoying what was created in the first place.   

You didn't really answer the question...

Are you aware that these wallpapers are posted on message boards, Myspace profiles, web sites, blogs etc.? So the "personal use" excuse doesn't work.

Many of them also have the creator's name on them. Does that offend you? Isn't it misleading? Do you think that some guy, who puts the GN'R logo on a photo of Axl and then puts his name on the wallpaper, made the logo and took the photo?

As stated previously, I'm trying to figure out what you deem ok. Where do you draw the line?

I was labeled a hypocrite for not allowing copyrighted GN'R songs to be posted here while allowing copyrighted articles/photos that benefit fellow GN'R fans to be posted.

As well as an ass kisser for supporting the band I created a site for all those years ago.

I'm not gonna bother explaining the misleading part because it's been explained and you just fail to understand it.

I will just like to show you a web site that's more popular than this and how they do it. Maybe you can rally your friends (not implying you're a group of people with no own will, sorry no offense intended) and protest?

http://www.tmz.com/2009/04/13/phil-spector-mugshot-killer-stare/

Did TMZ.com take the mugshot? I'm not an expert, so maybe you can find out for me if TMZ.com is the photographer who takes mugshots of celebrities?

As the ass kissing hypocritical stupid nazi with no life experience that I am, when I see that pic I assume TMZ got a picture that nobody else got their hands on (yet), so they chose to watermark it. But then again, maybe I'm too stupid to understand that they just put it there to fool us all into thinking TMZ is the name of the photographer?

Regarding the "disruptive" nature of the scans.

That's debatable. Considering you did nothing. All you had to do is click on a link to see it for free.

Somebody got you something for free and you complain about how it's illegal and hard to read?

Yes, I'm aware that it's illegal. But if you want to enjoy the photos more, maybe you should buy the magazine instead of relying on somebody's good will?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:02:52 PM by jarmo » Logged

radical tendency
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #332 on: April 15, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »

Not only is SLCPUNK a cyber cult leader with a herd of dedicated followers, but he is also a mind reader?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #333 on: April 15, 2009, 01:52:19 PM »

Not only is SLCPUNK a cyber cult leader with a herd of dedicated followers, but he is also a mind reader?

Where did I say he read my mind? You need to learn how to read....
radical tendency
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #334 on: April 15, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »

Then how would you know why he banned you?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #335 on: April 15, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »

Well considering I have never posted over there, what other reason could there be?
radical tendency
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #336 on: April 15, 2009, 02:06:09 PM »

I have no idea, but it could be because you are making veiled threats in this thread?

I'm intrigued at this spectacle however. Jarmo has purged the toxic posters from the system, yet the thread grows, while others "investigate" the residence of the banned, and tally their results under the guise of investigative reporting.

It would appear that banning is only the first step here?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #337 on: April 15, 2009, 02:27:52 PM »

Well considering I have never posted over there, what other reason could there be?

You use your free time to go spy on other boards?

Well aren't you Mr. Cool ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #338 on: April 15, 2009, 02:28:28 PM »

I never made veiled threats against anyone. I did let one of the photographers who's pictures were being used know what was going on and that's all my involvement is.

As far as I know there is no one from here "investigating" anything over there. I was sent a link to a thread over there about this crap so I read it. When I went back to see what else was said, I saw I was banned. Which is pretty funny considering slc's crew that are still here was basically whining about slc's banning from here.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #339 on: April 15, 2009, 02:30:33 PM »

You use your free time to go spy on other boards?

Well aren't you Mr. Cool ok

Oh yes I'm 007 James Bond. Are you folks for real? This isn't the x files or unsolved mysteries. No one is spying or any of that sort of nonsense you guys are concocting to make yourselves out to look like the victims.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: