Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1577260 times)
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #5980 on: January 30, 2017, 06:34:54 AM »

I think there won't be a new album...

This tour isn't reunion tour this is Not in this liftime tpur rofl rofl

I think they will tour in the end of year in South America,then in 2018 Japan amd Asia again,then European summer tour Nd Norh America arenas tour...This will be the end.And probablly one of the biggest tours ever.

I had this feeling since day one. I think Axl wanted to give the fans what they wanted for so long.

A triumphant exit after all the unfair criticism he had to deal with all these years. But noone really knows

But Axl said at the China Exchange last year that there is interest in releasing new music. He has shown things to Slash and Duff.
Yeah. I don't get why people think there's absolutely no intention from them. Sure you can be pessimistic about the release, but to say there's absolutely no chance even after the tour sounds too nihilist.

Their intention is to finished this tour.

There is no evidence that will to released anything new

And this situation becomes even clearer when they play the same songs, except for some that were included in the set list, things like COMA, DON'T CRY, the shows cost a lot of money, and it really is a great show, worthy of the band .

But I'm really disappointed when they do not release anything new, and we know Axl has a lot of material to release.

Do not tell me that he does not cast because he does not want to, or because he suffers from prosecution.

I think he's a very insecure guy, he does not believe the songs are good enough to release them.

Before the excuse was that the old members prevented him from to release something, and now what's the excuse?

In fact, we are accustomed to having nothing new.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5981 on: January 30, 2017, 08:23:33 AM »

I thik they will touring whole 2017 and 2018,and I don't except new album before 2019...
But who knows,maybe after this tour we will have the end of Guns n Roses
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #5982 on: January 30, 2017, 09:10:30 AM »

But Axl said at the China Exchange last year that there is interest in releasing new music. He has shown things to Slash and Duff.

If I recall correctly he also said that he is more interested in different musical pathways, like composing a soundtrack for example. But then again you never know...

I really hope I 'm wrong and we get another GNR album but I'd say don't expect it before2019- 2020, especially if Duff n Slash are involved. They need time to work together on new material and keep in mind  they are touring till late '17.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:19:18 AM by Natalie » Logged

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5983 on: January 30, 2017, 10:31:13 AM »

There is also a real possibility that Axl will be busy with AC DC in 2018 and or 2019...

Everybody here would like a new record ... but let's be realistic ... it's most likely not coming any time soon ...

Live ur life .... haha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5984 on: January 30, 2017, 11:53:57 AM »

I thik they will touring whole 2017 and 2018,and I don't except new album before 2019...
based on long-year fan experience, 2029 is my educated guess.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5985 on: January 30, 2017, 12:28:57 PM »

I've been a GNR fan way too long to know better than to guess when the next album may come.  Though honestly, I'd be surprised  if we see it before 2020. Real talk.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5986 on: January 30, 2017, 01:03:43 PM »

Honestly, as fans we would have to hope that they are all so moved and inspired by playing together again that they come up with something new because of that.

Is that happening?  Dunno.

But I think that's a more realisitc path than Axl digging up some demo from 15 years ago by a line-up that never resonated with the public and asking Slash and Duff to "GNRify" it up a bit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5987 on: January 30, 2017, 01:10:56 PM »

Honestly, as fans we would have to hope that they are all so moved and inspired by playing together again that they come up with something new because of that.

Is that happening?  Dunno.

But I think that's a more realisitc path than Axl digging up some demo from 15 years ago by a line-up that never resonated with the public and asking Slash and Duff to "GNRify" it up a bit.

It's hard to say, isn't it?  We don't know exactly what was going on when Axl showed Slash & Duff some of the unreleased material when he said "and they liked it."  Was it just for the purpose of maybe playing them live eventually?  Does he want them to ultimately re-record the guitar & bass parts? 

He wasn't exactly a wealth of information in the few statements he made over the summer and, as usual, what he did say bore more questions than answers.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5988 on: January 30, 2017, 02:02:48 PM »

based on long-year fan experience, 2029 is my educated guess.

At a minimum. Given how long things have taken previously, anything earlier than that seems very wishful thinking.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5989 on: January 30, 2017, 02:08:11 PM »

I don't think we will be hearing new stuff anytime soon. They may have talked about writing music together at some stage (if the tour goes well), but at this point in time, their energy is 100% focused on nailing it each night they are out there and I don't think they are even considering playing a new song, even if they wrote something (which I'm pretty sure, they have not).

I do not have a clue what the writing process is like with the band though. Whether they pass each other ideas by email, or whether they jam a bit on rehearsals... I do not know. Recent history with this band though (past 15 years) tells us they normally do not "write" songs while on tour (with Axl) and it's difficult for Axl to sit down with the rest of the guys at the same room to properly rehearse a song. If anything, maybe Axl may have share some ideas with the piano to Slash/Duff who they may have drafted some kind of melody to it, but I doubt they have a "complete" song ready to play live.

Also, in order to play a new song live they must've rehearsed the shit out of it so there's no room for error. At this time, introducing a new song (live) it's too risky. Yes, they've done it before with the Illusion tour in 91 before the actual release, but the album was coming out soon and two of the songs have already been performed (KOHD and Civil War). With Chinese Democracy songs in Vegas and RIO in early 2000's, everyone was expecting new songs. Nowadays, the focus is in the reunion..and the intention is to make sure the focus is there; have these three guys on stage again and make sure everything goes very smooth.

I do believe though there's room for introducing a "new" song into the setlist from the back catalogue; Perfect Crime, The Garden, Dead Horse, Locomotive or even something from TSI or Crash Diet/Sentimental Movie. I'd love for them to sing SIDHY or AIF.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5990 on: January 30, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »

We don't know exactly what was going on when Axl showed Slash & Duff some of the unreleased material when he said "and they liked it."  Was it just for the purpose of maybe playing them live eventually?  Does he want them to ultimately re-record the guitar & bass parts? 

I still need come corroboration before I buy into this.

Were they being genuine?  Were they just being polite?  Mountain of difference there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5991 on: January 30, 2017, 03:02:06 PM »

We don't know exactly what was going on when Axl showed Slash & Duff some of the unreleased material when he said "and they liked it."  Was it just for the purpose of maybe playing them live eventually?  Does he want them to ultimately re-record the guitar & bass parts? 

I still need come corroboration before I buy into this.

Were they being genuine?  Were they just being polite?  Mountain of difference there.

Let's also not forget a good bunch of the Chi Dem era tracks are completely out there style-wise.  Very few straight forward rockers on Chinese that fit with Slash's style *hint, they're all played live*.  Which is why I think, if an album comes, only 2-3 tracks from what would've been Chinese Democracy II make the cut.  That is, unless Axl goes rogue and just puts em out as they are, which likely would not be a good idea.
saz
Opening Act

« Reply #5992 on: January 30, 2017, 05:50:27 PM »

Who's to say this wicked tour isn't part of a plan to get as many people pumped up about the band again, all over the world, then release an album? I'd say a high percentage of the people going to the shoes would buy a new album after seeing them live again or for the first time.
-my 2 cents
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5993 on: January 30, 2017, 06:02:46 PM »

Who's to say this wicked tour isn't part of a plan to get as many people pumped up about the band again, all over the world, then release an album? I'd say a high percentage of the people going to the shoes would buy a new album after seeing them live again or for the first time.
-my 2 cents

I'd be willing to stake everything I own on that not being the case.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5994 on: January 30, 2017, 09:22:59 PM »

-my 2 cents

This tour is about making a shitload of money.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5995 on: January 31, 2017, 09:56:33 AM »

-my 2 cents

This tour is about making a shitload of money.

I simply don't buy that ... of course the three of them are making it ... and the promoters, management , etc

But as far as the three of them goes it has to be such a Load off their back to put all that shit behind them and be " their band " again ...

Even tho they really haven't publically said it ... you can see how special it is to slash and Duff to be back on and for Axl he no longer has to hear this isn't GnR

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #5996 on: January 31, 2017, 10:20:55 AM »

As much as I'd love to hear new music, I doubt it'll ever happen.

Which is crazy to me that guys like Metallica and Megadeth can still pump out albums every couple of years, but GNR can't.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5997 on: January 31, 2017, 11:07:20 AM »

I simply don't buy that ... of course the three of them are making it ... and the promoters, management , etc

But as far as the three of them goes it has to be such a Load off their back to put all that shit behind them and be " their band " again ...

Even tho they really haven't publically said it ... you can see how special it is to slash and Duff to be back on and for Axl he no longer has to hear this isn't GnR

Oh, I'm with you.  I think all of that is present.

Look, Axl may be crazy, but he's also human.  I have to think his good moods onstage since day 1 of this your are being able to see sold out stadiums, and in his own country for a change.  And, like you said, not having to hear he's front some sham of a scab band.

And yeah, I think Slash and Duff are digging being a part of their own band again, which will always be the biggest thing they've ever done.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5998 on: January 31, 2017, 11:08:36 AM »

These guys have had so much success (and have so much money/fame) that it?s not about ?have to? anymore, it?s about want to.  Metallica doesn?t have to put out new music anymore, they want to.  GnR didn?t have to reunite?they wanted to.  IMO, there are no ?outside? impediments to new music (you think the label is pushing back on them anymore?).  It?s just a matter of want to.  And until they do, where left with what we?ve got (which is pretty fucking good, btw).
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5999 on: January 31, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »

These guys have had so much success (and have so much money/fame) that it?s not about ?have to? anymore, it?s about want to.  Metallica doesn?t have to put out new music anymore, they want to.  GnR didn?t have to reunite?they wanted to.  IMO, there are no ?outside? impediments to new music (you think the label is pushing back on them anymore?).  It?s just a matter of want to.  And until they do, where left with what we?ve got (which is pretty fucking good, btw).
... but mostly over 25 years old.
but I agree with you.

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: