Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 142351 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #860 on: February 04, 2008, 03:14:33 PM »

Definitely the best Superbowl I've ever seen (granted I'm too young to have seen many of them, but still ...). I've seen some people mention that the game was boring up until the 4th quarter, but I couldn't disagree with more. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. There's nothing that makes me happier than seeing Tom Brady slammed to the turf, again and again and again. I was surprised at how passionate I was to see the Giants win, considering I'm an Eagles fan. I think most of that had to do with me hating the Patriots so bad, and wanting to see them lose. Now they won't even BE in the discussion of "greatest teams ever." I was also really happy to see Eli get the win, and to play so good throughout the game. Hopefully people will finally cut him some slack. He won the big game a lot faster than his brother did . . .

I really hope this was the "death of a dynasty" and the Patriots fall apart now. Teams that lose the Superbowl seem to always struggle the following season. I can't see the Patriots doing that, not with the division they play in . . . But who knows? With the way things are in this league, the Miami Dolphins could be next year's Superbowl champs.

Here Today . . .
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #861 on: February 04, 2008, 03:15:48 PM »

What was I most angry at Belichik for?  When he grabbed the microphone, got back on stage and said, "Thanks to the lame-ass security, I'm goin' home!  rant"   Grin

actually, Brady was the man with the worst security last night.  the G-men's d-line deserved that MVP. 

I agree....I wish you could give it to the whole unit like that.

The issue was, they were all VERY good, but no one person was spectacularly good.  They all had, combined, spectacular numbers, though.

Barring being able to give the MVP to a group, though, I think Eli deserved it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #862 on: February 04, 2008, 03:17:52 PM »

Definitely the best Superbowl I've ever seen (granted I'm too young to have seen many of them, but still ...). I've seen some people mention that the game was boring up until the 4th quarter, but I couldn't disagree with more. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. There's nothing that makes me happier than seeing Tom Brady slammed to the turf, again and again and again. I was surprised at how passionate I was to see the Giants win, considering I'm an Eagles fan. I think most of that had to do with me hating the Patriots so bad, and wanting to see them lose. Now they won't even BE in the discussion of "greatest teams ever." I was also really happy to see Eli get the win, and to play so good throughout the game. Hopefully people will finally cut him some slack. He won the big game a lot faster than his brother did . . .

You may not feel so kindly toward Eli next year, if this was his "coming out" party. Smiley

I really hope this was the "death of a dynasty" and the Patriots fall apart now. Teams that lose the Superbowl seem to always struggle the following season. I can't see the Patriots doing that, not with the division they play in . . . But who knows? With the way things are in this league, the Miami Dolphins could be next year's Superbowl champs.

OK, lets not get crazy now.  Parcells just joined the organization.  He'll leave the team in about 2 or 3 years, so you'll win a SB in 3 or 4. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 03:20:02 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #863 on: February 04, 2008, 03:31:12 PM »

You may not feel so kindly toward Eli next year, if this was his "coming out" party. Smiley

OK, lets not get crazy now.  Parcells just joined the organization.  He'll leave the team in about 2 or 3 years, so you'll win a SB in 3 or 4. Smiley

I wasn't saying the Dolphins WILL win the Superbowl next year (and I don't know what's up with you saying "you'll"--- I'm certainly not a fan of the Dolphins). I was just saying that the unexpected always happens in the NFL. A couple months ago, if I had said that the Giants would win the Superbowl and that Eli Manning would be the Superbowl MVP, people would've laughed their heads off and said, "What the hell are you smokin?" Every year there's a couple teams that make a giant leap from the bottom of the league up towards the top. Of course, I don't see the Dolphins being one of those teams next season.

And that would be pretty hilarious if the Giants now morph into the Patriots and start winning every year. I mean, several years ago, I was pulling for the Pats against the Rams (largely because the Rams had just beaten my Eagles in the NFC Championship game) . . . And now, I hate the Pats with as just much passion as I hate the Cowboys.

Here Today . . .
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #864 on: February 04, 2008, 03:57:54 PM »

Anyone who takes the time to look up the word "dynasty" will find it grossly misapplied when it comes to sports. 

The Ming dynasty lasted nearly 300 years.  The Pats once won two Super Bowls in a row.  Those aren't within a million miles of being the same thing, even if you make the logical leap from hereditary rule to sports team domination.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #865 on: February 04, 2008, 04:42:31 PM »

OK, first off, i'm a huge Patriots fan so if this comes off a bit biased I apologize...

The Giants were the better team on that day, well night I should say, but if these teams played 10 times the Patriots would win atleast 7 of them. New York got SO many breaks in this game, it's amazing really to think how many things went there way, and yes I realize the Patriots only won a couple games during the season for the same reason. But in all honestly, both teams played great football, and if it wern't for that awesome and spectacular catch by Tynes(sp?) the Giants would never have completed that drive for a TD at the end of the game.

Watching Eli get grabbed by not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 4 Patriots players and STILL BE STANDING and able to complete that pass down the field literally felt like someone smashed my heart on the ground and jumped on it. I mean, that fuckin was the worst feeling ever, because i'm sure everyone or most of you agree that after that play we all knew the Giants were going to complete the drive for the go ahead touchdown.

BUT.. what the fuck is up with all you haters thinking you can gloat and say that the Patriots dynasty is now dead? I mean seriously people, are you that pathetic? The Patriots played GREAT defense in this game, the offensive line... not so much. But both teams did a great job in the game, so give some credit to both organizations. The Patriots are nowhere near done with this dynasty, they are infinitly better than the teams in there division(with an exception to the bills who look to be turning things around) and they WILL win the division again next year. Not to mention Moss will most likely be resigned, the defense may lose Samuel but the offseason can produce a quality DB free agent to fill that role, and they have the #7 pick in the draft. Honestly, i'm predicting right now, New England will be in the Super Bowl again next year.. the Giants however won't.

And whats this I hear about Moss talking crap after the game? All he did is say what happened, the Giants did outplay them, he didn't say anything about wanting the ball thrown to him more. Moss didn't revert back to his old ways after the game, people read too much into what he says and that shit is annoying. The comment about the Giants having a better gameplan may have been something he will regret, but it's not like it's anything that is over the top, and to a point he's right because the Patriots totally gave up on the run game too early and the giants played with a solid plan from start to finish.

As for Bill walking off the field, who fuckin cares. He didn't just leave while the players were on the damn field, both coaches left the sidelines and went to shake hands in the middle of the field while there were still 3 ticks on the clock. Hell, he even gave Coughlin a hug, and seemed genuine in his congrats for the man. It's not Bill's fault that he had already left, everyone thought the game was over as even some of the patriots players had left the field too. He didn't do this to spite anyone, he didn't do it because he is a sore loser, it's the fact that he's perseaved as an asshole that magnifies every little thing he does and it's kind of sickening.  Roll Eyes

The 18-0 season means absolutely nothing now, it was a hell of a run and damn was it fun to watch as a fan, but this loss hurts and i'd trade this season in for a 10-6 season and the trophy any day of the week. The sad thing is people will now revert back to spygate, and further try to tarnish everything this team has done, and everything Bill has done.  The fact is they won 17 straight games without cheating, and even when they did cheat it's not much of an advantage anyway as many former players have stated. Whatever comes out of the rumors doesn't matter to me, the Super Bowls won will never be deminished in my eyes.

For all you who kept quiet before the game and are now coming out with all this shit trash talk, it's pathetic and i'll be here to laugh at your sorry ass's when the Patriots are back at #1 again next year.  ok
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 04:45:51 PM by G2N2R » Logged

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #866 on: February 04, 2008, 05:03:02 PM »

OK, first off, i'm a huge Patriots fan so if this comes off a bit biased I apologize...

The Giants were the better team on that day, well night I should say, but if these teams played 10 times the Patriots would win atleast 7 of them. New York got SO many breaks in this game, it's amazing really to think how many things went there way, and yes I realize the Patriots only won a couple games during the season for the same reason. But in all honestly, both teams played great football, and if it wern't for that awesome and spectacular catch by Tynes(sp?) the Giants would never have completed that drive for a TD at the end of the game.

Yes...that's quite biased.  A NY defender fell down, allowing the Pats to score a TD, the Giants had 12 guys on the field during a Pats punt, and another time they committed a stupid pass interference in the end zone giving the Pats the ball at the one.  Not many breaks bigger than those.

Watching Eli get grabbed by not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 4 Patriots players and STILL BE STANDING and able to complete that pass down the field literally felt like someone smashed my heart on the ground and jumped on it. I mean, that fuckin was the worst feeling ever, because i'm sure everyone or most of you agree that after that play we all knew the Giants were going to complete the drive for the go ahead touchdown.

I'm sure it was a heartbreaker, but it was also an absolutely incredible play. 

BUT.. what the fuck is up with all you haters thinking you can gloat and say that the Patriots dynasty is now dead? I mean seriously people, are you that pathetic? The Patriots played GREAT defense in this game, the offensive line... not so much. But both teams did a great job in the game, so give some credit to both organizations. The Patriots are nowhere near done with this dynasty, they are infinitly better than the teams in there division(with an exception to the bills who look to be turning things around) and they WILL win the division again next year. Not to mention Moss will most likely be resigned, the defense may lose Samuel but the offseason can produce a quality DB free agent to fill that role, and they have the #7 pick in the draft. Honestly, i'm predicting right now, New England will be in the Super Bowl again next year.. the Giants however won't.

Dynasty (again, poorly applied to sports) involves being #1.  The Pats were #1 in every way this year...every way, that is, except the one that counts.  Right now, they're a dynasty in the same way the 90-93 Bills were a dynasty.  This doesn't change what they accomplished three, four, and six years ago, but this team, the one playing now, is not that team. 

And whats this I hear about Moss talking crap after the game? All he did is say what happened, the Giants did outplay them, he didn't say anything about wanting the ball thrown to him more. Moss didn't revert back to his old ways after the game, people read too much into what he says and that shit is annoying. The comment about the Giants having a better gameplan may have been something he will regret, but it's not like it's anything that is over the top, and to a point he's right because the Patriots totally gave up on the run game too early and the giants played with a solid plan from start to finish.

I tend to agree with you.  I read his comments, after the info posted here, and didn't think they were anything bad.  He said the Giants had a better game plan.  I think anyone who watched the game would come to that conclusion.

As for Bill walking off the field, who fuckin cares. He didn't just leave while the players were on the damn field, both coaches left the sidelines and went to shake hands in the middle of the field while there were still 3 ticks on the clock. Hell, he even gave Coughlin a hug, and seemed genuine in his congrats for the man. It's not Bill's fault that he had already left, everyone thought the game was over as even some of the patriots players had left the field too. He didn't do this to spite anyone, he didn't do it because he is a sore loser, it's the fact that he's perseaved as an asshole that magnifies every little thing he does and it's kind of sickening.  Roll Eyes

Again, I tend to give Bill the benefit, here.  It's entirely possible that he didn't know that there was time left.  Then again, there were players still out there to "defend" on that last play, so I'm wondering why they knew and he didn't, or why no one told him.

For all you who kept quiet before the game and are now coming out with all this shit trash talk, it's pathetic and i'll be here to laugh at your sorry ass's when the Patriots are back at #1 again next year.  ok

Sweet!  See ya in a year!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #867 on: February 04, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »

Gypsy, I said for the season I won 700 dollars.

I didnt bet on the superbowl as I quit while I was way ahead.

Now I am kicking myself for not taking my own advice.

Gambling is a lose lose situation

U do it long enough, u will lose your ass. I know this which is why I quit gambling.

That doesn't change the fact however I was right on both the game and the over/under.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #868 on: February 04, 2008, 07:26:38 PM »

Don't want to edit my post to avoid confusion.

In the post you're referring to Sandman, I'd added (before anyone responded) the following:

Edit: And while 3 of 4 WAS true....the current picture is 3 of 7....and not one for the past 3 years.

I think that pretty clearly spells out my intent...because it talks about the status of the CURRENT team in winning SB's, compared to the previous dynastic version of the team.

gotcha. i think we all agree.

you do agree that the patriots organization reached dynasty status in this decade, correct? a dynasty that lasted 3+ years?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:40:42 PM by sandman » Logged

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #869 on: February 04, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »

Anyone have a picture of Old Daddy Bitchtits leaving the field early like a pouty baby?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #870 on: February 04, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »

Anyone have a picture of Old Daddy Bitchtits leaving the field early like a pouty baby?

Here's a vid:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/03/bill-belichick-leaves-field-before-game-ends/

Having just watched it, I've come to a different conclusion that I had in my previous post, when I said it was possible he didn't know.  On his way to talk with Coughlin, the head referee speaks to him.  I can't imagine they were exchanging oatmeal-raisin cookie recipes.  So, yeah, it probably was the low-class act my gut told me it was at the time. 

EDIT: In other news, I wasn't aware that the staff of the Boston Globe had written a book. 

It's called: 19-0: The Historic Season of New England's Unbeatable Patriots.   Grin
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:48:25 PM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #871 on: February 04, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »

I am sorry do you know how to read??? It is possible for you to have picked up a newspaper. Watched Tv. Read Magazine. Read Internet article after superbowl 39?? Almost everybody had DYNASTY In every conversation regarding the New England Patiots. What puts em there? Winning 3 out 4 superbowls. Something the steelers, packers, 49ers, never did. Only 2 teams have done it. The Cowboys. And the Patriots. That makes them a Dynasty. Being the only other team besides the old packers to win 9 straight play-off games. That was good enough to make them a dynasty after superbowl 39. Lets take this one article on espn.com. Not to mention the hundreds of other articles that say pretty much the same thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250206021

Heres the gist.

Patriots hold off Eagles to win Super Bowl XXXIX

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Dynasty? Definitely. The New England Patriots don't have to proclaim greatness. The NFL record book does it for them.

Ohh I'm sorry? Is that not the media calling them a dynasty?? I guess I'm wrong. I guess i'm the only one who ever called them a dynasty.

Nuff' Said. smoking

Isn't it the 2007 season?  The 2008 Superbowl?

So, by your logic....the Cowboys must STILL be a dynasty, right?  Because they were back in the 90's.

Today, my friend.  The Patriots are no longer a dynasty TODAY.  They were, 3 years ago.   Today's team is not a part of that dynasty because they haven't won a SB since then. "Winning their FOURTH would have cemented THEM as a true dynasty".  THEM meaning the team that took the field on Sunday night.

Here...I'll simplify it for you:

When did the Cowboys dynasty end?

You were stating they were never a dynasty. That they had not reached dynasty status. That they would have gotten it if they would have one superbowl 42. I stated they already are a dynasty. And ya they havent won in 3 years. As long as Billy boy and the golden boy are there the media will consider it the same team. They are a modern day dynasty. They are the closest thing that we will ever have to the dynasty's of old. Im not the one saying that. I got that from espn...several espn personalities..or as you like to call it: "the media".

Ohh, btw,  Just because its your opinion doesnt make it fact.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #872 on: February 04, 2008, 08:25:45 PM »

Congrats to the Giants.  Superb gameplan and execution.  The better team won yesterday, and I've always hate the "well if they played 10 times we'd win 8 argument" so I'm not about to go there.  Heck, they played 5 weeks ago and it was a 3 point game, so who's to say the Giants wouldn't win 8 out of 10?  Unfortunately for the Patriots, it seems as if the Giants matched up perfectly.  They had the right defense, able to get pressure on Brady, and played near mistake free on offense.  I have to admit, I never truly gave the Giants any chance at winning this game.  It never even entered my mind, "what if the Pats lose?"  I just didn't think it was possible.  But I was wrong, the Giants played some inspired, spectacular football. 

This one hurt real bad.  I thought that loss to the Colts in the AFC Championship game last year was bad, but that now pales in comparison.  Now the whole 16-0 perfect REGULAR season means very little.  It's still noteworthy because it's never been done before but in the end they lost the game that mattered most.  Now instead of being mentioned as possible best team ever, they'll be in the discussion for best team that didn't win a championship.  As a New England/Boston sports fan I've seen plenty of championships over the years but I've also seen my fair share of crushing losses.  This one ranks right up there with Buckner in "game 6" and  Aaron "bleeping" Boone in 2003.  Losing never gets any easier.  I don't expect anyone's sympathy, but as sports fans I'm sure you can all relate.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #873 on: February 04, 2008, 08:34:25 PM »

The giants just wanted it a little bit more is what it really boils down to. The patriots just didn't really seem completely prepared to play and match the giants intensity from the opening kickoff.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #874 on: February 04, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »

The giants just wanted it a little bit more is what it really boils down to. The patriots just didn't really seem completely prepared to play and match the giants intensity from the opening kickoff.
I don't know about that.  I think the Pats wanted it just as bad as the Giants, but the Giants just played better.  They made huge plays and played inspired defense all night.  They were outplayed and outcoached, which you can rarely say with Belichick.  Some questionable calls, not attempting the 48 yard field goal and going for 4th and 13.  I think that's a terrible call.  And I don't know why they didn't alter their gameplan and make adjustments on offense.  Brady was getting knocked around all night and they had been running the ball well in the playoffs, yet Maroney only had 8 attempts in the first half and 6 in the 2nd half.  It's like they were committed to winning by passing and waiting for the "big play" through the air, and that just never came.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #875 on: February 04, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »

Patriots will be back better than ever next season.

They do have the number 7 pick in the draft thanks to SF.

Time to get younger at Linebacker or in the Secondary.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #876 on: February 04, 2008, 10:04:58 PM »

Patriots will be back better than ever next season.

They do have the number 7 pick in the draft thanks to SF.

Time to get younger at Linebacker or in the Secondary.

Need to get younger at linebacker. If memory serves me, every starting linebacker we got is at or over 30. Next year, if we have them, Thomas and Colvin will be 31 and Vrabel will be 33 and Bruschi 35.

Besides Rodney the secondary isnt all that old. I'm anxious to see if Rodney decides to retire. I dont remember any of defensive players contract status off the top of my head, well besides Asante. Rodney's apparent replacement is Meriweather, least it looks that way. He doesn't look to bad but have only seen him in spots. No one can really replace what Rodney has done for us, but hopefully when the time comes he fulfill part of it.

Its a relatively young team. Just an old line-backing corp. Need a good young smart linebacker to anchor the middle. Though whatever Bill and Scott choose to go with, I wont argue.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #877 on: February 05, 2008, 02:17:08 AM »

Its a relatively young team. Just an old line-backing corp. Need a good young smart linebacker to anchor the middle. Though whatever Bill and Scott choose to go with, I wont argue.  smoking

Isn't Lance Briggs going to be a free agent next year? He's only like 27-28 years old and would be a great addition to the LB core. Like you said, i'm not very concerned with the LB's, I just think they need to sign or draft a player who is younger and faster because the lack of speed right now is a bit of a concern.. although Colvin is pretty speedy and was badly missed as a good pass rusher in the games after his injury.

CB is more of a concern for me, as well as Safety. James Sanders has pretty much taken over for Eugene Wilson at FS, but Harrison may retire. Though I don't think he, Bruschi, or Seau will retire after the game they had, they would want to go out on top and they will realize the Patriots have a great opportunity to get the ring next year. As for Brandon Merriweather, havn't seen too much of him, and from what I did see he blew a couple coverages and has missed some tackles. Clearly they need to sign a veteran to mesh with the two younger guys and Harrison, that would be the best bet for the safety position. Corner is a huge concern though, Samuel won't be back.. he can clearly make top dollar somewhere else and I wouldn't blame him for going after the money seeing as he already has a couple rings. The draft could fill the void, though starting a rookie CB and Ellis Hobbs at corners seems a bit of a scary thing to me.

I'm excited to see what they do this offseason, can't wait to see who they bring in.  ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #878 on: February 05, 2008, 09:55:16 AM »

While I lost a little confidence in Bill after the piss poor game plan (and the lack of any halftime adjustment)... He does some of his best work in the offseason. I have no doubt that they pull a stud out of the draft and work some free agent magic. I understand the national fan base is against the team, but I have a feeling that if you hang the chance to win infront of some upcoming free agents you will get bites...

This team isn't built like previous Super Bowl winners and Losers, they will be back next year (and it isn't because of the AFC East). You can gloat that the went 18-0 then fell on their face in the only game that counted, but to compare them to the 90-93 Bills is insane. The have been to the same amount of Super Bowls (4) the Pats are 3-1 the Bills are 0-4. This team's nucleus is comparible to the 80's 49ers and 90's Cowboys.

The better team on the field Sunday won... but to take a single loss and act like the Patriots are a one and done is like someone claiming that the Yankees sucked after they lost the 01' Series. Also Brady has had "one" iffy Big Game performance and people are making coments like don't comapre him to Joe Montana (which is an early comparison) or Payton Manning... Trust me, I won't be comparing him to Payton... Brady has 3 Superbowl Rings and one failure. Manning has 1 Ring and a history of falling on his face when the post season pressure is the highest. Give me a break... I almost wish I could be outside of the argument a little and didn't have a Pats Homer tag... To me it is like trying to compare Joe Montana to Dan Marino (or to make the Math Work) Brett Favre... Favre has all the records and one ring... but for the most part he has fallen apart and made piss poor decisions when it mattered.
What would you rather have Joe Montana and 4 Super Bowl Rings or All of the Personal Accomplishments... I know what I'd take... Luckily I have that in New England... and that makes it easy to get over a "Really" bad game and look forward to the NFL Combine.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #879 on: February 05, 2008, 11:44:16 AM »

A lot of Pats fans are getting quite defensive but IMO that team should hold their heads up high.  Against all conventional wisdom, they decided that the Super Bowl was not enough and went for the the undefeated season.  It was a conscious decision to push themselves to the utmost limits of their potential, beyond just achieving an arbitrary championship.  They accepted the added risk of injury the last few weeks of the regular season when they could have rested their starters.  They accepted the enormous pressure with trying to complete an undefeated season that accumulated exponentially week to week.  They carried that burden into the final game of the season and came within a near-miracle play of pulling it off.  Ultimately, they failed in their quest to do what no team has done in the last 36 years (and counting).  But, just like Rocky Balboa, they went the distance.  And nothing could take that away from them.  2008 New England Patriots, you have my eternal respect and admiration.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: