Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:07:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Velvet1223 and he's collection. MTV guy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet1223 and he's collection. MTV guy.  (Read 28535 times)
meanmachine73
Rocker

« on: August 31, 2006, 08:05:26 AM »

From what I have heard Velvet1223 has an awesome collection of material, apparently he was an employee of MTV. He has a ton of material that has never been aired. Does anyone know anything about him, is he legit, any one seen clips etc...

He wants ?1000.00 for the masters. Just thinking, I know buying material is strictly against board rules, but got thinking on how we could contribute to get hold of this material and share.

As an idea we could set up a charity page on the internet which could take donations to the cause.  ok       Not necessarily putting myself forward to administrate the whole process, maybe a collective of a few members could manage the project.

Hope this doesnt go against board rules as I respect the service it provides. If however it does feel free to delete the whole thing....

Keep em under your wheels.
SammyD1st
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 09:10:07 AM »

Personally, I really hope the mods don't lock this. It seems only fair that when trades can't get the material, monetary market forces should be allowed to get the job done. Thus, I hope someone is able to run with this - and I'll be willing to donate a not insubstantial sum.

- SammyD1st
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 09:17:21 AM »

Hahahah
Start bashing me,but this is truth and only the truth

THIS TOPIC WILL END TO SAME CASE AS WITH DARKNEMUS,you will collect money,and someone will run away
Deal with consiquence or read what i will write now.

YOU WILL NOT BUY THIS TAPE EVER,FORGOT,NO MONEY IS GOOD ENOUGH IN FIRST PLACE,IN SECOND ,HE DOES NOT HAVE AND IF U DO SEND MONEY TO COLLECT,YOU WILL NEVER SEE MONEY OR TAPE ,EVER.

Stop
Enjoy shows u have,and just stop asking for something u heard that exist
Im telling you,if there is,collectors would have it already.

Close this money sucking thread
And btw
post like

I have 10000euro and will give for rare show,pm me,will never make man or female who have that rare item to pm you,its childish,you cannot buy like that,noone ever got anything like that,there more secret and descrete ways of getting it,and you dont know people or place where to find it,when u do ,then u will find what u want.

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 09:21:33 AM »

BTD. why do you have to contribute with your nonsense in every fucking thread? just fuck off and learn how to speak english. nobody cares what you say anway.

anyway... i've emailed the guy and hope he'll answer soon. i would be in for chipping money too.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 09:23:12 AM by xBrownstonex » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
SammyD1st
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 09:25:24 AM »

Well, BTD is right in a sense that precautions should be taken. An escrow service, such as eBay recommended escrow.com, should be used. Personally, I won't donate if the parties won't agree to an escrow (at our expense).

But, whatever, we'll have to see if he actually has the stuff first.

- SammyD1st
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 09:28:25 AM »

Damn dude, lay off the drugs.... You sound like you have serious case of cocaine tongue....

Please read what I posted if you are capable of understanding written English. I said I wasnt putting myself forward as the collector... I also suggested it should be conducted in a way where all money could be clearly visable as it rises using the Internet.

Are you serious, of course people wouldn't ?pay a penny until they see actual screen shots and proof this stuff exists....I also noted that I do not know the seller... ?

Please do not compare me to others, I have been taken for money for the Hammerstein scam.

Just relax.... You type like a smurf on acid.....

« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 09:32:46 AM by meanmachine73 » Logged

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 09:36:14 AM »

actually VMA 2002 rehearsals exist, screenshots are proof

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 09:38:48 AM »

first we have to be sure that he's really gonna sell us sth. then we should determine what dvd it should be. and then who is going to collect the money and send it to him

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 09:51:46 AM »

This is risky business you're getting into. I'm not sure the board should support this....

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 10:07:21 AM »

This will only drive prizes up and encourage people not to trade/share but to sell.

Johan
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 10:08:56 AM by Jarl » Logged

jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 10:17:27 AM »

i dealt with scott a lot 5 months ago..the stuff i got from him was top notch quality....stuff liek axl and tom petty at the mtv awards 1989 and the band playing youre crazy and used to love her on some talk show in 1988, etc.....so i am sure he has this stuff
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 10:20:20 AM »

I can tell you he's legit guys, I have seen the screeshots of a hell of a lot of his stuff about a year ago. He has sooo much stuff. Are you sure he's selling the masters for $1000? Were did u hear that? All i know is he's like a 'professional' trader or something, guns N' Roses is just one of the bands he has rare stuff of. He told me once he does this for a living, but i dunno. I also heard that he was in contact with John M, not sure what happened or if anything was traded or bought though.

BTD you sound like someone who has this stuff and doesn't want it out becuase it won't be rare anymore. Shame on you.

And mods you can't close this thread down becuase it would be hypocritical. Remember when everyone was chipping in on the Hammerstein shows? Same thing.
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 10:32:52 AM »

This is realy funny. You people can?t even talk on a normal way against each other. And yet you want to getter 1000 dollar to buy some old stuff from some seller. Hold on, there is more. 1 Guy/girl needs to collect all the money. And after that I guess he or she needs to make the deal. On top of that all this needs to be shared. Damn! People are all over each other about a stupid Novarock dvd. And jet you want to pull this off.

I need to change underwear. Because this is to much.

Johan

Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 10:40:03 AM »

Wouldn't you want to see this stuff too Jarl?
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 11:26:32 AM »

If it?s shared or traded, sure I will try to get it. Buy some tape from a taper, sure I have done that. For normal prizes. But for that amount of money? Nah thanks. I rather go away a few day's with my family. I mean get real, you are buying some piece of plastic. For all I care he can grow old with those recordings. Unless he asks normal prizes I can care less about all this guy has.

Johan

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 11:31:55 AM »

I would think by outing the guy and his username this way that he isn't going to sell anyone anything. 
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

$2 each Jarl, probably less than what you have paid tapers in the past. God no one wants to do anything around here.
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 11:58:59 AM »

I think that grasping the word 'community' doesn't sit well for some people.

In an ideal world this material would be in the public domain and if you want it, get it... Unfortunately this is the 'real' world and sometimes there has to be a means to an end.

If people think that my initially post was a lame idea, that's ok... I have broad shoulders..... Grin

Although if someone want's to take on the organising of the project, count me in for my financial & personal support of the whole deal
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 12:07:00 PM by meanmachine73 » Logged

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 12:20:57 PM »

I think that grasping the word 'community' doesn't sit well for some people.

In an ideal world this material would be in the public domain and if you want it, get it... Unfortunately this is the 'real' world and sometimes there has to be a means to an end.

If people think that my initially post was a lame idea, that's ok... I have broad shoulders..... Grin

Although if someone want's to take on the organising of the project, count me in for my financial & personal support of the whole deal

Did you have contact with this person yourself and how do you know he is even offering it for sale?  Your post says, "you heard."  So how would anyone be able to coordinate this?

Granted I just saw some of the screen shots myself over at CD and I admit my curiousity but you made a post here asking for someone else to make the actual plan which kind of doesn't make sense to me.
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 12:25:21 PM »

$2 each Jarl, probably less than what you have paid tapers in the past. God no one wants to do anything around here.

You want to give a guy 1000 dollar for some old recording. Don't you think that's absurd. Even if 500 people donate 2 dollar each it still is absurd. What has to be on the tape to make it worth 1000 dollar.

Johan

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: