Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:14:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227890 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2013 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2013 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 179648 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #760 on: December 06, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »

For that much and that long he can let the door hit him in the ass on the way out. I hope he enjoys being near the bottom of a terrible AL west the next decade.

On another note the Mets have signed Granderson.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:59:07 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #761 on: December 06, 2013, 06:04:12 PM »

The Red Sox signed AJ Pierzynski.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #762 on: December 06, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »

The Granderson deal apparently is 4 years and 30 million. The Yankees also resigned Kuroda today 1 year 13 million plus incentives. Good move resigning him he's been very good as a Yankee.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #763 on: December 06, 2013, 08:43:58 PM »

The Red Sox signed AJ Pierzynski.

Officially.

But that deal was out around the same time the ellsbury deal was happening.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #764 on: December 06, 2013, 08:45:08 PM »

The Granderson deal apparently is 4 years and 30 million. The Yankees also resigned Kuroda today 1 year 13 million plus incentives. Good move resigning him he's been very good as a Yankee.

I heard 4 and 60 (15 per) this morning not 4 and 30 (7.5 per).  Did that recently change?

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #765 on: December 06, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »

Napoli stays with Sox per the usual suspects

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #766 on: December 06, 2013, 09:54:45 PM »

Beltran to the Yanks, 3 years 45 mil

Very similar to when the Cards scooped him up after Albert went to Anaheim.

The Cards haven't done too bad since Wink

Great hitter, classy guy.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:58:44 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #767 on: December 06, 2013, 10:40:57 PM »

I'm beginning to think Gardner is going to be expendable and used as bait to fill the 2B void.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #768 on: December 06, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »

I heard 4 and 60 (15 per) this morning not 4 and 30 (7.5 per).  Did that recently change?
I guess i read the twitter post from Rosenthal incorrectly or he mistyped.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #769 on: December 06, 2013, 11:22:55 PM »

I'm beginning to think Gardner is going to be expendable and used as bait to fill the 2B void.

I suppose they could call Cincy and see if the Reds would do Gardner for Phillips straight up, they're gonna need a CF with Choo likely on the move.

Phillips has a horrific contract and is in definite offensive decline, still slick around the bag though.

He's a bit of a jackass as well, not sure how his act would play in a clubhouse that's taking on a lot of new personalities.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #770 on: December 06, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »

As of this moment, the Cards will receive the 42nd pick in next years draft as compensation for the Beltran signing.

Subject to change as other signings occur.

The Cards now have 4 of the first 84 picks, not bad. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:44:23 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #771 on: December 07, 2013, 02:10:13 PM »

Gotta be, now. Unless the envision Beltran or Soriano as a full time DH.  And, all things considered...like The fact they have no clue if jeter can play as, and if by some miracle arods suspension is overturned they are going to need the DH dot for him ALOT, etc...I don't think that's likely.

Which sucks because, defensively, Gardner makes them a lot better. He and ellsbury out there would save a lot of runs. More, IMHO, than Beltran will produce with his bat.

We will see, I guess. Maybe convert Gardner to 2b (I'm joking...)?

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #772 on: December 07, 2013, 02:12:08 PM »

I suppose they could call Cincy and see if the Reds would do Gardner for Phillips straight up, they're gonna need a CF with Choo likely on the move.

Phillips has a horrific contract and is in definite offensive decline, still slick around the bag though.

He's a bit of a jackass as well, not sure how his act would play in a clubhouse that's taking on a lot of new personalities.

They'd want more than Gardner, even considering the contract . Grady only has one year left on his contract. He wouldn't be an expensive signing, probably....but Grady and a minor league arm might do it.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #773 on: December 07, 2013, 04:35:30 PM »

Well it appears Cano's true colors are coming out. Apparently he didn't want to play for Girardi. Now i really hope the door not only hits him in the ass but knocks his selfish ass over.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #774 on: December 07, 2013, 06:18:38 PM »

Well it appears Cano's true colors are coming out. Apparently he didn't want to play for Girardi. Now i really hope the door not only hits him in the ass but knocks his selfish ass over.

I bet he woulda happily played for Girardi if the Yanks woulda given him $240 million. Wink

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #775 on: December 07, 2013, 08:12:58 PM »

I bet he woulda happily played for Girardi if the Yanks woulda given him $240 million. Wink

Which only further proves all he cares about is the money and making himself look even more like an ass.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #776 on: December 07, 2013, 08:20:12 PM »

Robinson Cano ?didn?t want to play for? Yankees manager Joe Girardi
David Brown
By David Brown 8 hours ago Big League Stew

Getty Images

Being handed a contract for $240 million is reason enough for Robinson Cano to trade his pinstripes for a compass and play for the Seattle Mariners. But he also reportedly didn't like how he was being utilized by New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi, and is happy to be leaving the Bronx for that reason also. So much so, apparently, that he didn't even call the Yankees to give them a chance to match Seattle's big offer:

Reporter George A. King III in the New York Post has the anonymously sourced details:

?Robbie didn?t like batting second, he wanted to bat in the middle of the order,?? one person said. ?The Yankees wanted him second because that was best for the team. He wanted to hit in the middle of the order to drive in runs [to increase his value].??

Through the middle of June, Cano shuttled between second and third in a lineup that didn?t have Derek Jeter to hit second or Rodriguez in the cleanup spot.

For the season, Cano batted third in 110 games, hitting .319 with 16 homers, 73 RBIs and an OPS of .886. As the No. 2 hitter in 42 games, he hit .308 with 10 homers, 30 RBIs and a .955 OPS.

?He told me he didn?t want to play for [Girardi],?? a friend of Cano?s said.

It's not exactly the sensational stuff of a tell-all book, but it's possible that a combination of perceived slights persuaded Cano that the Yankees didn't quite want him enough, even if the money were to be equal. Being reluctant to bat him in the middle of the order; taking a public stance that they wouldn't be willing to pay him much more (relatively speaking) than outsider Jacoby Ellsbury; making Cano the issue, and not other players, in wanting to stay below the $189 million luxury tax threshold.

Did King talk to Girardi to get his side of the story ? for whatever it might be worth? It does not appear he tried. We'll hear from him in time, though.

If the Yankees really wanted Cano, if they really thought he was worth it, if they really thought he was a middle-of-the-order superstar, they wouldn't have made it seem like keeping him was so agonizing to them. So Cano thinks. Maybe.

- - - - - - -
David Brown is an editor for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him atrdbrown@yahoo-inc.com or follow him on Twitter!

Here's the story, its sounding more and more like Cano is a spoiled little shit who only cared about padding his numbers. So screw him. I had respect for him but if this is the truth have fun losing in Seattle piece of crap.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #777 on: December 08, 2013, 06:33:25 PM »

Robbie was batting second in a lineup decimated by injuries. Ideally, he would have batted 5th (behind Jeter, Granderson, Tex and Arod). But every one of those guys was on the shelf.

Blaming girardi for that is nuts. And complaining about it is, likewise, nuts.

Batting you 4th or 5th behind guys who can't hit isn't going to garner you more RBI. Because, you know, they are not going to be on base to drive them in.

Bit, look, there have always been complaints about Robbie's lack of hustle, and his questionable work ethic.  These comments don't surprise me...and don't really change anything in my assessment of him. Supremely talented, hof caliber player who is not up to being the face of the team, and not worth 10 years of ridiculous money at this point in his career.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 06:36:04 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #778 on: December 09, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »

LaRussa, Cox and Torre to The Hall:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Retired managers Joe Torre, Tony La Russa and Bobby Cox have been unanimously elected to the baseball Hall of Fame by the expansion era committee.

Each of the inductees won more than 2,000 games in managerial careers that spanned more than four decades. Torre became the fifth manager to win at least four World Series titles. La Russa won championships with Oakland and St. Louis. Cox led Atlanta to one championship and 14 straight division titles

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #779 on: December 09, 2013, 12:39:41 PM »

Reports are coming in that Roy Halladay is going retire today, at age 36.  He's going to sign a one day contract with Toronto in order to retire as a Blue Jay.

Presser should be coming soon...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10108609/roy-halladay-retiring-monday-toronto-blue-jay

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: