Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 59719 times)
DCGNR2006
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 06:32:24 PM »

You can't say that cause the lead single sounds like their other songs (in your opinion) that the other songs on the new CD will sound like their lead single, moron. Especially when you haven't even heard the new cd.

Why in the world you would insult me for giving you an honest assesment of a Chili Peppers song, is beyond me. My point was only that if you go back to their last few albums, they all sound alike. So when I hear a new single that sounds just like the last few albums, am I supposed to assume that aside from that single,
the other 20 something songs will sound any different?

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2006, 06:34:01 PM »

I keep hearing this Dani California track on the radio. It's pretty cool. But I fear their going to run it into the ground.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2006, 07:24:51 PM »

You can't say that cause the lead single sounds like their other songs (in your opinion) that the other songs on the new CD will sound like their lead single, moron. Especially when you haven't even heard the new cd.

Why in the world you would insult me for giving you an honest assesment of a Chili Peppers song, is beyond me. My point was only that if you go back to their last few albums, they all sound alike. So when I hear a new single that sounds just like the last few albums, am I supposed to assume that aside from that single,
the other 20 something songs will sound any different?

And, why should we take what you're saying as the supposed-ultimate truth?

Every single one of their albums from 1991-2002 sounds different and you're accusations of RHCP's music are the first time I have ever heard someone say it. And because of your inapporpiate comments, it leads me to believe you have never listened to a red hot chili peppers' album. Doesn't mean you haven't, it's just what I think.

And, your pessimistic comments will not prevent me from buying Stadium Arcadium in a month's time.
DCGNR2006
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2006, 08:02:37 PM »

And, why should we take what you're saying as the supposed-ultimate truth?

Every single one of their albums from 1991-2002 sounds different and you're accusations of RHCP's music are the first time I have ever heard someone say it. And because of your inapporpiate comments, it leads me to believe you have never listened to a red hot chili peppers' album. Doesn't mean you haven't, it's just what I think.

And, your pessimistic comments will not prevent me from buying Stadium Arcadium in a month's time.

Markus, my man, you gotta take it easy.  You don't have to take what I'm saying as the ultimate truth at all. As I said earlier, it is only my assesment. I never said anywhere that people should not buy it, or that my word is stone. People give their opinions on these boards all of the time, I was only giving mine.
As for you guessing that I have never listened to their albums, you are very wrong. You have any idea how many comments I read on this site where I completely dis-agree with people's opinions on certain GNR songs or Solos or something, but I don't think I'd call someone a moron because of it.

Take it easy.....................
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2006, 08:16:42 PM »

anyone worried bout the album sounding like DC have obviously never listened to a whole lot of Chili Pepper CDS.

Scar Tissue was the first single from Californication........ No other song sounds like it on the CD

By the Way was the first single from By The Way and is in myopinion the 3rd or 4th weakest track on the album and no other song sounds like it.

the only reason people are saying this is standard RHCP is cause Anthony does the word play on the states but for fuck sake its not like he does it in every single song.

he does it in "Around the world" and now this. BIG DEAL!

they are still the greatest rock band out right now hands down.

Hillel I got an email today from the official website and retail in the US the Blackbox Limited edition is gonna cost 54.88 here.

So maybe its where u are from Norway..........HuhHuh??

Im definitely spending the 60 bucks.

The DVD where they have interviews and talk about every song on the CD will be worth it alone.

Red HotChili Peppers Fan Club members can pre-order the Stadium Arcadium Limited Edition!!

That's rock and roll excitement personified, right?

IT GETS BETTER, ROCKINFREAKAPOTOMI!

Dig this: RedHotChiliPeppers.com members who pre-order the new album from our boys get a sweet discount on the retail price ($49.99 USD compared to other retailers rolling with $55.98 USD). And, to make pre-ordering this already explosive limited edition collector set a bit more freaky, we?re randomly sending out 10 band-autographed sets to random peeps who take advantage of the early access!

Granted, you won?t know if you're a lucky one until you open the box, but considering the Limited Edition Stadium Arcadium is an 8-panel digipack containing 2 CDs, a region-free DVD (choc full o' interviews, the Dani California video, and the making the video featurette), and a 28 page cover booklet with lyrics and band photos, who's gonna be complaining? There are a few surprise goodies in the bottom compartment of the 3D-image shadow box, too, so there will be no senses left ignored, people!

Hit the Red Hot Chili Peppers Store today to make sure you get yours and we'll see you on the road, soon?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:19:18 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2006, 08:47:05 PM »

yeah I know about the 10 signed copies being sent out randomly, Im not a member of their fan club though so I won't be getting that one, haha.

but I think this proves the insanely high price on the scandinavian site I do my music shopping is just a temp price they have put there for now, Ive seen them do it before.

for about $55, I'll definately be getting it!
I dunno if you asked or not, but yeah Im from Norway Grin

Edit: I just ordered a new RHCP dvd the other day btw, "the Ultimate Review". it's some unofficial thing I think, but it's got the Woodstock 94 performance on it, so I'll get so see more of Navarros live performances with RHCP (this was his very first gig with them actually). the other stuff Ive seen with him live in RHCP has been phenomenal, so I hope I get it tomorrow! Grin
it's also some documentary thing on it, I don't expect too much of that though.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:51:31 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2006, 09:03:35 PM »

Do u have the Funky Monks DVD?

I read in Anthony's book that they put out a DVD that showed the recording process of BSSM and I would love to see it.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2006, 09:11:56 PM »

Do u have the Funky Monks DVD?

I read in Anthony's book that they put out a DVD that showed the recording process of BSSM and I would love to see it.

yep Ive got it, you should get it man!
great documentary of the making of BSSM.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2006, 02:53:47 PM »

I havent been able to locate it......

I looked on Amazon but didnt see it.

what does it consist of?

does it show the actual recording of the album from start to finish like Aerosmith's making of pump and Metallica's Somekind of monster?

what is it exactly???

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2006, 03:02:04 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6305750467/ref=pd_sr_ec_ir_d/104-5437024-2675138

there dude! they have it new in the new & used section too, and it's only like $13.60, so cheaper than the amazon price, here http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6305750467/ref=dp_pb_a//104-5437024-2675138?condition=all

yeah it shows the recording from beginning to the end, lotsa chatter and stuff with the dudes. it's about an hour long.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 03:05:38 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2006, 09:16:01 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6305750467/ref=pd_sr_ec_ir_d/104-5437024-2675138

there dude! they have it new in the new & used section too, and it's only like $13.60, so cheaper than the amazon price, here http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6305750467/ref=dp_pb_a//104-5437024-2675138?condition=all

yeah it shows the recording from beginning to the end, lotsa chatter and stuff with the dudes. it's about an hour long.

AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!!!!

I will be ordering this very soon!!!!!!!!!

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2006, 06:51:35 AM »

I heard the song played on the radio again, and it's okay... Something I would probably turn the radio up for, but I would never bother downloading it.

I also saw the video again. Start to finish, this time. It really is awful. It's as if RHCP's are trying to make fun of old bands to prove that they are still down with the kids, to distance themself from other bands that have been around for ten+ years. Who are they trying to be, Bowling for Soup? A parody of Give it Away, that would have been funny. That MTV shite that they came up with, certainly ain't.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2006, 12:09:32 PM »

I heard the song played on the radio again, and it's okay... Something I would probably turn the radio up for, but I would never bother downloading it.

I also saw the video again. Start to finish, this time. It really is awful. It's as if RHCP's are trying to make fun of old bands to prove that they are still down with the kids, to distance themself from other bands that have been around for ten+ years. Who are they trying to be, Bowling for Soup? A parody of Give it Away, that would have been funny. That MTV shite that they came up with, certainly ain't.

I've never been impressed with the peppers' videos.

Like the video for Universally Speaking, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever watched.  Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2006, 12:39:37 PM »

They arent making fun of anything dude, they are paying homage to the periods of rock music.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2006, 12:55:10 PM »

They arent making fun of anything dude, they are paying homage to the periods of rock music.

yep, they would never make fun of Cobain. they were good friends with him, and they're still great friends with Grohl.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2006, 04:13:43 PM »

Like the video for Universally Speaking, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever watched.  Grin

I actually liked that video.

Paying homage, I guess. But either way, it's all a bit easy, and all very, very 'safe'. See what we've got in the wardrobe, dress up and make a video... I guess every band has to do it at some point.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2006, 08:31:30 PM »

Like the video for Universally Speaking, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever watched.? Grin

I actually liked that video.

Paying homage, I guess. But either way, it's all a bit easy, and all very, very 'safe'. See what we've got in the wardrobe, dress up and make a video... I guess every band has to do it at some point.

Jim if u dont like the chilis thats cool but they've already seperated themselves from all the shit bands out today.

The video I think is pretty creative, its certainly not as good as "californications genius video,Scar Tissues,Othersides,By the Way or cant Stop"

All those were innovative amazing videos but I think this video is pretty cool. I love the song and 28 songs over 2 discs, there is gonna be plenty for everyone.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2006, 07:57:34 AM »

If I wasn't a fan, at least in some sense, then I wouldn't have bothered opening this thread. My crticism of the video comes more from dissapointment...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2006, 10:35:44 AM »

I just dont understand what there is to be disappointed about.

Compared to every other video out I think its pretty genius.  Morphing from one period to the next, I think its cool.

And just cause Bowling For Soup did a Motley Crue spoof, that doesnt make this anywhere close to being the same thing.

BFS sung about 1985.

RHCP did a time line of some of the most important moments in rock history.

Goes from Elvis all the way to Nirvana hitting on 10 different influential styles that helped make music great.

Its not a spoof, they arent making fun, they are celebrating rock's history.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2006, 10:44:49 AM »

For those hating on Dani California

The fucking Song DEBUTED at Number 1 on the modern rock chart.

DEBUTED!

Also Debuted at Number 2 on the mainstream Rock.

Debuted at number 21 on Billboard top 100

Its a HUGE hit!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 10:49:46 AM by D? » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: