Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227861 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tiger Woods
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tiger Woods  (Read 23218 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« on: December 01, 2009, 01:27:46 PM »

I think most of you already know the background behind Tiger Woods' recent car accident / alleged domestic incident.  My first reaction to the media frenzy was that it was a gross invasion of his privacy.  I then read an article from a columnist who didn't see it that way, saying:

"He's selling you and your kids an image, and consumers are entitled to know how true or counterfeit that image is."

I think he has a fair point, but I wouldn't go so far as to agree with him.  I think the "counterfeit" image becomes relevant only if the athlete in question is cheating at his particular sport (e.g., steroids), not on his/her spouse. 

Anyway, curious on what you knuckleheads think about this.  peace
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »

Don't care.

He can fuck anything, or anyone, at anytime (so long as it's not WHILE playing the round, on the fairway, leading up to 18) he wants, so long as they're willing, and over the age of consent.  That's between him, the people he's fucking, and his wife.  Not me.

His "image" is as a successful golfer, who's on his way to winning more golf tournies, and more majors, than any player in history.  His "image", for me, pertains 100% to his success and achievements in his sport.  Not what he does in a bedroom and with who.  His product placement isn't about "wholesome image"...the guys not selling minivans or diapers.  It's about being a pro at the very pinnacle of his profession.  People don't buy Gatorade because they think Tiger is a good hubby (or daddy, or son, or whatever).

I've no more have the "right" to know what's going on in his personal life, and in his marriage, than my employer has the right to know the same about ME.  If it's not effecting my job performance....it's none of their business.  Tiger and whatever has gone on with him, and his wife, should have that same basic privacy.

The explanation of the article sounds like rationalizing, to me.  People will flock to sensationalist drivel......this sounds like an authors way of being able to sleep at night AND pay his bills (or, maybe, allowing his publication to pay the bills, and allowing him to sleep at night). 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:14:54 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:06:09 PM »

Don't care.

He can fuck anything, or anyone, at anytime (so long as it's not WHILE playing the round, on the fairway, leading up to 18) he wants, so long as they're willing, and over the age of consent.  That's between him, the people he's fucking, and his wife.  Not me.

His "image" is as a successful golfer, who's on his way to winning more golf tournies, and more majors, than any player in history.  His "image", for me, pertains 100% to his success and achievements in his sport.  Not what he does in a bedroom and with who.  His product placement isn't about "wholesome image"...the guys not selling minivans or diapers.  It's about being a pro at the very pinnacle of his profession.  People don't buy Gatorade because they think Tiger is a good hubby (or daddy, or son, or whatever).

I no more have the "right" to know what's going on in his personal life, and in his marriage, than my employer has the right to know the same about ME.  If it's not effecting my job performance....it's none of their business.  Tiger and whatever has gone on with him, and his wife, should have that same basic privacy.

The explanation of the article sounds like rationalizing, to me.  People will flock to sensationalist drivel......this sounds like an authors way of being able to sleep at night AND pay his bills (or, maybe, allowing his publication to pay the bills, and allowing him to sleep at night). 

Pilferk's public apology?  Grin

JK brah, JK.

I offer an apology via video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i5FlC1MpkE

(watch the whole thing)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »

Pilferk's public apology?  Grin

JK brah, JK.

I offer an apology via video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i5FlC1MpkE

(watch the whole thing)

Trust me...if I were Tiger I wouldn't be posting at HTGTH. 

I'd have WAY too much money to count and, obviously, girls to juggle, to have time to post here. Smiley

Together again,
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 01:42:49 PM »

Just the usual media hype. Who cares if he's boning someone else? Although this:

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart," "I have not been true to my values and the behaviour my family deserves."

sounds like he might be guilty.

Fuck 'Em All.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 02:11:56 PM »

Just the usual media hype. Who cares if he's boning someone else? Although this:

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart," "I have not been true to my values and the behaviour my family deserves."

sounds like he might be guilty.

He definitely did it.  The statement today says it without being "gory" in the details. 

Again...don't care.

Together again,
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »

Tiger is a bad, bad boy:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/tiger-woods-apologizes-alleged-mistress-jaimee-grubbs-releases/story?id=9228059

Fuck 'Em All.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »

When you think of all the power, wealth and fame that superstar athletes have, all the female attention that comes with that... the temptation is beyond anything I can imagine.  Is it realistic to expect such a person to live in a constant state of self-denial?

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 02:41:50 PM »

No, but then if you can't keep your dick in your pants, don't get married. That's when the problem starts.

Fuck 'Em All.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »

I really hope Elin beat the fuck outta him with that golf club! I would have enjoyed so much to be able to watch that!  rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 08:48:16 PM »

i could care less what people do in private.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 06:52:36 AM »

No, but then if you can't keep your dick in your pants, don't get married. That's when the problem starts.

Witness the ultimate example:

Derek Jeter

There's a guy who knows how to do it right.  Never married, never really in a long term relationship...but how many women (famous and otherwise) carry the tag "dated Derek Jeter"?  Ye gods, there's tons of them. 

But still, as I said before, his fidelity...or lack thereof, is between him and his wife.  Maybe she knew, maybe she doesn't care, maybe she does and this is some of the fall out.  Maybe she's a harpy ice queen who won't put out.  Maybe she's the hottest thing going in the sack but he just wants some variety.  Who the heck knows.  I don't pretend to....so, again, let him fuck whoever he wants, wherever he wants so long as what he's doing is between consenting adults.

Together again,
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 09:11:40 AM »

Or George Clooney. Made the mistake once and learnt he just wasn't cut out for it.

Fuck 'Em All.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 11:33:36 AM »

is it in you?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 12:31:03 PM »

I don't think anyone can guarantee that; so no one gets married?  George Clooney and Derek Jeter are certainly icons that should be respected for living the life.  But for most people, the drive to be married and spend your life with a person you love is much stronger than the drive to get laid by various hot chicks.  Problem is that there are isolated moments of weakness when the latter overwhelms, especially when drugs/alcohol are involved.

You know, you can't drink and drive because the probability of a deadly accident is that much greater.  So drinking and driving is a crime.  For married men, maybe drinking without your wife at a singles bar should be... nevermind. 

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 07:33:27 PM »

Don't care.

I've no more have the "right" to know what's going on in his personal life, and in his marriage, than my employer has the right to know the same about ME.  If it's not effecting my job performance....it's none of their business.  Tiger and whatever has gone on with him, and his wife, should have that same basic privacy.

Pilferk, right on.  Exactly my thoughts.  "He owes us an explanation..."  FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He doesn't owe anybody an explanation except his wife.  Fuckin' vultures.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »

And oh did Elin respond with vengeance with her response to this losers explanation!!! Hahahahahahaha.   rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 07:54:41 AM »

I don't think anyone can guarantee that; so no one gets married?  George Clooney and Derek Jeter are certainly icons that should be respected for living the life.  But for most people, the drive to be married and spend your life with a person you love is much stronger than the drive to get laid by various hot chicks.  Problem is that there are isolated moments of weakness when the latter overwhelms, especially when drugs/alcohol are involved.

You know, you can't drink and drive because the probability of a deadly accident is that much greater.  So drinking and driving is a crime.  For married men, maybe drinking without your wife at a singles bar should be... nevermind. 

What you are describing is the case with most men. It's not as though he had a little too much to drink and slept with a woman once. He slept with multiple women multiple times. That's deception over a long period of time.
He certainly made the choices willingly. If you are going to go the playboy way, the rules are different - don't get married.

And oh did Elin respond with vengeance with her response to this losers explanation!!! Hahahahahahaha.   rofl

I like Elin. The girl's got balls. I can imagine Tiger running from the house, Elin chasing him with a golf club and smashing the rear window of the SUV. He was so scared, he crashed into a fire hydrant.
What a loser.

Fuck 'Em All.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 10:20:52 AM »

Apparently, Tiger told a friend, ?I have to run to Zales to get a 'Kobe Special.?

Zales?  Fucking Zales?  Not Tiffany's or what have you, the richest athlete in the world buys his wife diamonds from Zales.  Maybe they're another of his sponsors...

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »

Although I agree that what he does in private is his business, it has a far more serious impact. He could lose the endorsement deals that makes him the richest athlete in the world. It will be interesting to see who dumps him first.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: