Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:01:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Number one idiot of 2006
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Number one idiot of 2006  (Read 2054 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: February 05, 2007, 09:03:51 PM »

Number One Idiot of 2006

I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in
 toxicology at the poison control center. Today, this
woman called in
 very upset because she caught her little daughter eating
ants. I quickly
reassured her that the ants are not harmful and
 there would be no need to  bring her daughter into the hospital. She calmed
down and at the end of the conversation happened to mention that she gave her
 daughter some ant poison
 to eat in order to kill the ants. I told her that
she better bring her
daughter into the emergency room right away.

My wife sent it to me today, enjoy. Some people  are  pure  gold.  Grin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 10:13:33 PM »

hmm ok... Roll Eyes

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:31:16 PM »

Seems perfectly logical to me.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 11:46:09 PM »

\/\/o\/\/ just..........fucking \/\/o\/\/ Shocked

the stupidity of some people is unbearable

rofl omg lmao
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 06:00:12 PM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 03:37:19 AM »

Every survival nut will tell you that ants are loaded with some type of acid used in their bites that makes them inedible. If you're desperate, you can try and steal larvae from the hills, though. Wink
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 09:53:56 AM »

wow its incredible how stupid some people really are   Shocked
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 10:18:43 AM »

Every survival nut

what's a survival nut?

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 04:20:01 PM »

A fanatic, geek, or someone highly devoted to esoteric knowledge. Ever heard of a health nut? They're people crazy about fitness. It's American slang.  Cool
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 09:07:43 PM »

hmm ok... Roll Eyes

I bet you don't have to worry about being accused of having a sense of humor. Wink

By the way, when I was in Boy Scouts, many moons ago, they put  us in the desert for 3 days with only tents and sleeping bags and said: survive. We tried catching fish (no line or poles, so that did not work). We tried catching snakes, no go. So we ended up eating ants and cactus. The ants aren't too bad really, sort  of like crispy bits  at the bottom of a popcorn bowl.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 03:16:55 AM »

Holy crap, that sounds more like the Order of the Arrow cult than just the Boy Scouts!  hihi If I had to survive in the desert for 3 days, I would find water first, if possible. You tried to catch fish, so I assume you had a source of fresh water, so that's helpful. If the time of the month is right, working at night to rest at day could be considered, if the moon is adequately bright. Away from light pollution and in an open area, the moon and stars can give a surprising amount of light, and the desert heat makes any exertion at day very difficult.

Cactus would mainly be useful if you could set up a solar still. Eating it is asking for hallucinations, and its food value is questionable. Wink Ants are always a bad idea, and I hope you have a photographic memory if you considered hunting snakes for food. Maybe trying to trick vultures, Odysseus style, would work.  hihi
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 01:03:32 PM »

Holy crap, that sounds more like the Order of the Arrow cult than just the Boy Scouts!  hihi If I had to survive in the desert for 3 days, I would find water first, if possible. You tried to catch fish, so I assume you had a source of fresh water, so that's helpful. If the time of the month is right, working at night to rest at day could be considered, if the moon is adequately bright. Away from light pollution and in an open area, the moon and stars can give a surprising amount of light, and the desert heat makes any exertion at day very difficult.

Cactus would mainly be useful if you could set up a solar still. Eating it is asking for hallucinations, and its food value is questionable. Wink Ants are always a bad idea, and I hope you have a photographic memory if you considered hunting snakes for food. Maybe trying to trick vultures, Odysseus style, would work.  hihi

oh ! so you're a survival nut ? Wink

i guess you could have built wooden cage ith sticks so that fishes enters from one hole, and grabbing the fishies then !

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 08:28:16 PM »

Like Chinese handcuffs? That requires lots of precision and luck. It works if it's done right, though.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 11:20:29 PM »

Holy crap, that sounds more like the Order of the Arrow cult than just the Boy Scouts!? hihi If I had to survive in the desert for 3 days, I would find water first, if possible. You tried to catch fish, so I assume you had a source of fresh water, so that's helpful. If the time of the month is right, working at night to rest at day could be considered, if the moon is adequately bright. Away from light pollution and in an open area, the moon and stars can give a surprising amount of light, and the desert heat makes any exertion at day very difficult.

Cactus would mainly be useful if you could set up a solar still. Eating it is asking for hallucinations, and its food value is questionable. Wink Ants are always a bad idea, and I hope you have a photographic memory if you considered hunting snakes for food. Maybe trying to trick vultures, Odysseus style, would work.? hihi

It was called "survival" something or other. It was  supposed to prove how resourceful and tough we were. 14 year olds, in New Mexico. No whining babies there! Only for "elite leaders," which in English meant those who would not complain and say how ridiculous the whole thing was. I guess the show Survivor stole  the idea from the Boy Scouts.  Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: