Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:33:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  World Youth Day
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Youth Day  (Read 2310 times)
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« on: July 17, 2008, 06:10:45 AM »

HAPPY WORLD YOUTH DAY SYDNEY!

GOD BLESS!  peace

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 06:41:40 AM »

i did not know there was such a day.

well goin to see def leppard is a good way to let out my youthness  hihi

html sucks
Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 06:49:48 AM »

150,000 PILGRIMS - THE POPE'S ROCK STAR WELCOME

THE Pope has been welcomed ashore by 150,000 emotional pilgrims in his first public appearance for World Youth Day festivities in Sydney.

The Pope stepped ashore at Barangaroo this afternoon and smiled as he acknowledged the amazing welcome offered by massive crowd of pilgrims from around the world. The Pope will soon make his first address in Australia before leaving for a motorcade through the city.

The Pope left his temporary home at St Mary's Cathedral house about 2.20pm Sydney time, bound for Rose Bay in Sydney's eastern suburbs, where the boat MV Sydney 2000 was waiting for him.

The 63-metre Captain Cook Cruises vessel which boasts three decks, including the 360-degree open Star Deck, is the centrepiece of the company's flotilla of 13 vessels.

Pope Benedict was cheered by onlookers before being given a traditional Aboriginal Welcome to Country by Gadigal elder Allen Madden.

The pontiff, hands clasped, listened intently as Mr Madden spoke, and accepted a sprig of gumleaves from one of the indigenous performers who had earlier used them to sweep the ground before him.

He boarded the Sydney 2000 after being led there by a small troupe of Aboriginal dancers clad in kangaroo skins, as well as a didgeridoo player.

Praise for Aboriginal reconciliation

Also today, the Pope praised the Rudd Government's reconciliation with Aboriginal Australia during his first public address in Sydney.

The Pope said that Aboriginal "ancient heritage'' forms an essential part of the landscape of modern Australia.

"Thanks to the Australian Government's courageous decision to acknowledge the injustices committed against the indigenous peoples in the past, concrete steps are now being taken to achieve reconciliation based on mutual respect,'' he said.

Here's another pic!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:56:50 AM by Rapunzel » Logged

Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 05:03:12 AM »

Here's more from World Youth Day in Sydney:

Jesus acts out last days in Sydney

A DRAMATIC re-enactment of the final days of Jesus Christ was underway in Sydney this afternoon, using some of the city's most famous landmarks as backdrops.

The three-hour Stations of the Cross is the key event of today's World Youth Day (WYF) celebrations.

Pope Benedict XVI took part in the first station - The Last Supper - at an invitation-only event at St Mary's Cathedral, which began at 3pm (AEST).

Sydney man Alfio Stutio, 27, playing the role of Jesus Christ, re-enacted the last meal with his 12 disciples, with the simple act of breaking bread and sharing wine.

About 1000 pilgrims watched the re-enactment before the performers made their way to The Domain, where a large crowd was gathered for the second station - Jesus' agony in the garden of Gethsemane before his arrest.

The Pope watched the remainder of the stations on television in the cathedral's crypt.

However tens of thousands of World Youth Day (WYD) pilgrims were gathered at each station, praying and reflecting on Jesus and their faith.

The recreation of the Biblical account has 13 stages, from the Last Supper, to the judgment of Jesus before Pontius Pilate and his crucifixion.

Besides the cathedral and The Domain, two other sites are being used for the event - the Sydney Opera House and Barangaroo at East Darling Harbour.

The event is expected to finish at Barangaroo at about 6pm with the final station depicting the body of Jesus being brought down from the cross.

About 100 performers are taking part in the event, which WYD organisers predict will attract up to 500,000 people.

The Stations of the Cross is a devotional celebration for Catholics and is also know as the Way of the Cross or the Passion of Jesus.

It is regularly performed at Catholic churches and is common on the Fridays of Lent, especially Good Friday - which marks the day Jesus was crucified. \

Churches use a variety of artworks, including painting and sculpture, to depict each station.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 05:05:01 AM by Rapunzel » Logged

rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 08:41:31 AM »

I much perfer the last pope. This guy is a little creepy.  nervous

"to live with fortune and fame"
Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 03:31:03 PM »

I much perfer the last pope. This guy is a little creepy.  nervous

.........I've heard that he is quite the academic scholar......he likes books.  ok

JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 10:46:58 PM »

That's really nice.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 03:41:27 AM »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: