Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:33:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  World Trade Centre program on yesterday
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Trade Centre program on yesterday  (Read 6010 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« on: September 08, 2009, 08:21:41 AM »

Here in England they had a program on TV last night called "102 minutes that changed the world"

With lots of footage by reporters, and normal people put together to form a sort of story of September the 11th.

Damn watching it. I had forgotten that, or the July 7th Bombings. But id certainly "forgotten", if you know what i mean.

Absolutely terrible. I know it happened quite a few years ago now. But i still remember where i was for each one.

For the Trade centres. I was still in my first year of high school, only been going a couple of days. I walked in from school into my home. With my mom, dad and sister all sitting down just watching TV with shocked and sad faces. I was confused n asked "whats up". My dad just said the words (from what i can remember) that were somethign like this "a planes crashed into the world trade centres". So i immediately turned to the screen. I THINK i had arrived just moments after one of them collapsed. So that footage was being shown.

I actually had nightmares for quite a few weeks afterwards to do with it. Which is unlike me. I think its the sheer proportion of lives lost and lives changed that blew me away then, and it still doe today whenever i see the buildings going. My most significant memories were afterwards.

The kids at school, obviously not all of them cause its a big school. But alot of them in my class. They joked about it, and told jokes. I could never understand that. How could anyone ever joke about that.

For London. While the symbology itself was not as shocking as 9/11. (And this is probably why people dont really remember when England was attacked.) It was still a big shock to me. I woke up at about half 11, i think in the morning to an empty house. I sat down n switched the TV on. To be instantly hit with big words "London Attacked" "Terrorists Attack London" "Explosions in Capital". My dads friend knocked on the door, i cant remember why. So this being the first person i had to speak to, i was like "look look". He wasnt aware at the time either. So we sat there for a while. N all i remember him saying was. Aftera big sigh "Those fucking bastards are starting on us now"

One of the first things they showed when i was watching TV.  Was footage of the blown up Bus. Now to the average person outside of the UK. Its just a blown up Bus. But to a english person who has lived in this country all there lives. Its quite a signifcant thing. Because Double Decker buses, especially Red ones. Thats something you associate with home.
I have an uncle, whos work is based in London. Fortunately for him, he got delayed or else he would of been on one of the trains that got blown up.

Now. Put aside what we believe. The Attacks were done by Terrorists. Or the attacks were done by our own Governments. Either way the fact Man can think of these things and carry them out is a truly frightening and disguisting thing. Youd think after all that happens we'd learn. Youd think we'd try to work to live in peace.

Id like to say Rest In Peace to all the Victims, and to all of the Firefighters/Policemen/Medics that got killed putting there own lives at risk to save people.

And for me this song is approriate.

Land of Confusion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0tsTgBKmhU

html sucks
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »

Nice post.  This part though:

"Put aside what we believe. The Attacks were done by Terrorists. Or the attacks were done by our own Governments."

In the States it's a pretty far out fringe conspiracy theory that the government orchestrated 911, on par with the Illuminati assassinating John F Kennedy or vaccines causing cancer.  Your presenting it like this makes me think it's a more mainstream view in England. 
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 07:57:33 PM »

Nah. You still get laughed out of the pub.

(Trust me...)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 08:23:54 PM »

Cool.  Hey saw England clinched their World Cup berth today  ok
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 11:33:48 PM »

I may have seen that program, not sure.  I've seen so many of them.  They're running them all day this Friday 9/11.  I'll be sure and try to catch some of them again.  It helps you reflect and remember just what a horrendous and cowardly act the whole thing was.  Senseless that all those innocent people had to die.  They will never be forgotten though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 12:07:42 AM »

I will say this, building 8 looked like a planned explosion.  You can see the tiny bursts go down the sides of the building.  Also the owner of the building had a very strange clause in his contract... Very odd.. But anyway, the whole thing was terrible.  I remember it like it was yesterday.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »

I will say this, building 8 looked like a planned explosion.  You can see the tiny bursts go down the sides of the building.  Also the owner of the building had a very strange clause in his contract... Very odd.. But anyway, the whole thing was terrible.  I remember it like it was yesterday.
Governor Jesse Ventura has similar thoughts on the subject.  He's talked about it on The Howard Stern Show the last couple times he's been on.  He thinks there was some sort of government involvement on some level.  I think it's extremely far fetched, but there are some who share those opinions.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 04:39:54 AM »

In France, this documentary aired on September 8th.
It was really frightening. Worse than the Naudet brothers film.
Such a terrible and surreal event. And yes, I suppose we all remember where we were that day when we first saw the attacks on TV ( or worse, in the streets of Manhattan or from New Jersey ).

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 09:02:47 AM »

I was only 10 when it happened, and it may sound odd, but 9/11 didn't really impact me that much when it happened. Obviously it was a tragic event, but at the time, when I didn't really know what the World Trade Centre was (I think I'd heard of it, but that was about it), it was almost just like another bad thing you heard about in the news.

Now, I can't imagine what it must have been like to be on one of those planes and known you weren't going to survive. no

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 09:45:27 AM »

Governor Jesse Ventura has similar thoughts on the subject.  He's talked about it on The Howard Stern Show the last couple times he's been on.  He thinks there was some sort of government involvement on some level.  I think it's extremely far fetched, but there are some who share those opinions.

Those who share those opinions have done some research on the subject.  I suggest going to zeitgeistmovie.com...go to the documentary made in 2007, fast forward to 41 min to get info about 911 truths and myths. peace.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 01:28:57 PM »

It's strange how persistently the stupid  9/11=Inside job!!!conspiracy horse shit refuses to die..

At the end of the day maybe it all comes down to the desire we have  to exist a step or two above  others.  It does give a hard-on to be able to scream
" You are being lied to! (unlike you I won't buy it, for I am clever enough to see the truth Tongue)"
It is inspiring to be able to think you know/understand something  colossal that nobody else really does.  Faith in a good, complex conspiracy theory is almost like some sort of a class B-religion, really.

Thanks to internet, everybody can publish anything they want. On other side of the coin there is the unsettling fact that people using internet tend to believe everything they read.Unless it has a smiley ofc.  In this climate, it is incredibly easy to create and spread juicy, wild conspiracy theories.

The Guy behind a wild conspiracy theory is without an exception a lot more motivated, interesting and..unique person than the boring government official or Nasa rocket schientist systematically debunking the conspiracy theory in question with boring horse shit like facts or common sense.
As a result, the conspiracy theory will always have a louder voice in internet than the generic nasa scientist matter of factly reminding how fucking stupid it is.
It's kinda unsettling but very entertaining climate to surf in:p
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 01:34:15 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 01:38:37 PM »

the theory, i was first intoruced to that. Via a DVD, and then Zietgiest. They present strong arguments.

html sucks
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 11:04:43 PM »

Its still amazing these fucking idiots were able to take 2 planes and perfectly nail the WTC.  There were some real hereo on Flight 93, the one where the passengers fought back for the plane.  Just sooooo many things had to go right for the terrorists and with the exception of Flight 93 it all worked out.  Those fucks.  I just watched the whole thing again on the news, so crazy that it happened.  Its almost more far fetched than any movie script and it was real. 
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 12:52:28 AM »

http://www.infowars.com

2012 is like Christmas!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 07:57:19 PM »

I was 19 when it happened and remember the day like it was yesterday... I hadn't seen footage of it for a few years though and did watch that '102 Minutes' special. After not seeing any footage of it for 5 or 6 years, it hit me like I was watching it all again for the first time. Un-fucking-real...

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 11:37:51 PM »

I looked it up and no one has made a thread about that day of hell so I decided to make a thread about that day to honor the thousands of people killed from those hijacked plains, the soldiers fighting in around the world because of that attack,  for their family's dealing with the pain of loss or the fear of loosing them, and finaly the brave men and women that helped save people from the rubble.

I remember that day almost perfectly I was 9 years old it was just a normal day I woke up a bit late for my bus when I got their I remember a kid saying "a plane crashed into a building I heard their is no school" then I was happy I didn't understand we still had to go to school. I went to a private Catholic school back then and when word got out about the plain crashing in the corn field the school informed parents that if they wanted they could take their children home for 3 days and my parents did. When I got home I saw the planes crash and the horror of just the sight of it and I understood that should never have happened. If Axl dose make a new version of Civil War I hope he has something about this day in it.

Thats enough from me for today I will leave it up to you guys I would like to hear your storys about what you did and anything else about this day...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 11:52:30 PM »

it makes me very sad the world will never be the same i can never belive the lives that were touched so badly i will not forget it as for axl give him time he may still one day

the one an only horsey !
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 11:54:20 PM »

I was just saying it would be nice to hear something about this day on it if he remakes Civil War with the new GN'R

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 11:57:48 PM »

axl is very smart he may do a song about it

the one an only horsey !
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 11:59:46 PM »

axl is very smart he may do a song about it
I have no doubt in my mind he has a song about it or has a line about it in one of his untold book of songs but if he dose and releases it he should do it on 9/11

But this still would be a great way for GN'R to honor the sacrifice from that god awful day
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:09:51 AM by Jdog0830 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: