Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:57:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Moby
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moby  (Read 3088 times)
RichardNixon
« on: August 15, 2004, 01:11:27 AM »

Anyone like him? I'm not a huge Techno fan, but I like him.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 08:54:27 AM »

Yes.

Play is a great record, too bad the follow up wasn't as good. Saw him live in 2002 on the 18 tour and it was a good show.

I guess people expect him to stand there playing a keyboard by himself all night, when in fact he plays guitar on most songs and he has a full backing band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 03:35:59 PM »

I really enjoy his music. Especially the Play album like /J.

I like all kinds of music if it's done well. He's a great example.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 07:47:03 PM »

Yeah I like some of his stuff its cool

EEEERRRR Little boy
badapple81
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 11:28:27 PM »

I love Moby!

Play was brilliant, 18 was different yet I enjoy it equally as much.

Just as Jarmo said, the live show is much different than I thought it was.

I saw him in Sydney as part of the 18 tour, he did play guitar most of the night and a lot of the songs had a really rock backing to it, the James Bond Theme sounded unbelievable! At times he would run around playing the different instruments. Brilliant night!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »

Been listening to Moby a lot recently, only just really discovered him as an artist, I've been aware of him for years, but never really bothered listening to him, I guess until the past 12 months my music tastes weren't as broad as they are now.  Really enjoying the Play and 18 albums, once I've exhausted these, which album should I try next?  Should I be going back to the start of his career of delving into his more recent stuff.  (I also have to salute spotify for letting me exhaust his great albums)  yes
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 11:35:59 AM »

Who?

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 12:46:02 PM »

Been listening to Moby a lot recently, only just really discovered him as an artist, I've been aware of him for years, but never really bothered listening to him, I guess until the past 12 months my music tastes weren't as broad as they are now.  Really enjoying the Play and 18 albums, once I've exhausted these, which album should I try next?  Should I be going back to the start of his career of delving into his more recent stuff.  (I also have to salute spotify for letting me exhaust his great albums)  yes

More recent,

Hotel is pretty cool, mostly Moby + guests singing, couple instrumental songs.
Play B-sides, pretty good album, some sampled vocals, mostly instrumental songs.

Earlier,

Animal Rights, ok album, mostly punkish, Moby singing, few mellow instrumental songs.
Little idiot, pretty good, mellow ambient style instrumental songs.
Everything is wrong, classic, mostly sampled vocals, dance/techno style of songs plus few punkish songs.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 02:04:08 PM »

More recent,

Hotel is pretty cool, mostly Moby + guests singing, couple instrumental songs.
Play B-sides, pretty good album, some sampled vocals, mostly instrumental songs.

Earlier,

Animal Rights, ok album, mostly punkish, Moby singing, few mellow instrumental songs.
Little idiot, pretty good, mellow ambient style instrumental songs.
Everything is wrong, classic, mostly sampled vocals, dance/techno style of songs plus few punkish songs.

Thanks for that, I think I'll crack the more recent stuff first....  ok
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 02:13:33 PM »

Moby is great !

I am right in saying that every track on play has been licensed to some kind of advert or film ?

Thanks Giant Robot...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 08:26:16 PM »

Who?

Almost produced Chinese Democracy, or was offered to-Play is a beautiful album, I kind of lost interest a bit, but he seems like a nice guy-his journal on his websie is pretty cool, he updates it t least every other day-it would be interesting to hear his take on Chinese Democracy, and Axl's take on him-when rumblings of him producing started in the mid to late 90's (somewhere around there) is when everyone thought Guns was going to put out a techno album..lol

libertad
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »

I know who he is man and what he almost did for CD, I was just joking, although I think "almost produced" is over-stating it. They met. Didn't work out.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 09:45:57 PM »

I know who he is man and what he almost did for CD, I was just joking, although I think "almost produced" is over-stating it. They met. Didn't work out.

It's cool, I kind of figured that-for what it's worth, Moby claimed he was offered the gig but did not want to put his stuff on hold for a year

libertad
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »

Yeah, and for those of us who can remember that far back to when it happened, he did us a fucking disservice as GN'R fans too, as at the time there was zero information about Axl Rose and one of the few descriptions of him was Moby's pointless statemtent that he seemed "a little bit like a beaten dog".

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: