Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:00:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Greatest Hits" on Sam Goody upcoming releases list
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Greatest Hits" on Sam Goody upcoming releases list  (Read 24038 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: September 30, 2004, 08:14:18 PM »

I just came back from my local Louisville, KY Sam Goody store with some weird news to share, but I guess anything that happens in the GN'R world doesn't make any sense anyway.  I go in Sam Goody every couple of months to ask about any new GN'R news, so they took out the list of upcoming releases and there it was Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits.  I talked to the lady that showed me the chart and she knew about Axl trying to prevent the release of the March 23 release, and told me "this is going to be AXL'S GN'R version of the Greatest Hits, not the record company's."  Those were her exact words, so I'm guessing we might see ANOTHER Greatest Hits album, before any signs of new singles or Chinese Democracy. 
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 08:19:39 PM »

I just came back from my local Louisville, KY Sam Goody store with some weird news to share, but I guess anything that happens in the GN'R world doesn't make any sense anyway.? I go in Sam Goody every couple of months to ask about any new GN'R news, so they took out the list of upcoming releases and there it was Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits.? I talked to the lady that showed me the chart and she knew about Axl trying to prevent the release of the March 23 release, and told me "this is going to be AXL'S GN'R version of the Greatest Hits, not the record company's."? Those were her exact words, so I'm guessing we might see ANOTHER Greatest Hits album, before any signs of new singles or Chinese Democracy.?

This must be a mistake.... How the h*** does she knows... Its probobly just some mess in her pc data... Im sure its the old GH date that is wrong placed

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 08:23:07 PM »

Exactly my thoughts, but she said it was something "NEW".  She knew about the March release, and this was on the UPCOMING releases for the year.  I hope it's not true, but according to her something with Axl's input is in the works to be released.  Maybe with a new single worked in?
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 08:27:24 PM »

Axl's greatest hits are going to be the songs on Chinese Democracy. Usual something completely crazy in the GNR universe. Always seems to happen on the same day, completely out of nowhere, huh?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 08:30:13 PM »

Exactly my thoughts, but she said it was something "NEW".? She knew about the March release, and this was on the UPCOMING releases for the year.? I hope it's not true, but according to her something with Axl's input is in the works to be released.? Maybe with a new single worked in?

Hmmm.. i belive your words, but im not sure i belive her`s. But anyway... Lets pretend Axl is releasing a BONUS cd` for Chinese Democracy, this could be it.. A single could be possible, but i hope its a new song, and not old rerecorded songs:/

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 08:40:05 PM »

Wouldn't it be funny if this was how we found out, this turned out to be Chinese Democracy? I'm not saying it is it, because I wouldn't believe it, but waiting all these years for something huge, and we stumble upon it by accident? Pure Axl.
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 09:44:06 PM »

Well, whether this is true or not, I can almost guarantee that if there is another greatest hits Axl WILL include Estranged on it.

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 11:50:23 PM »

I've heard this rumor somewhere before and just ignored it.  I went in Sam Goody out of curiousity and saw the Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits on upcoming releases myself, which is not the one from March 23 but a NEW one like I said before.  I didn't believe it so the girl actually told me that Axl did not want the Greatest Hits released and since it was against his will he's going to release his own version with his Guns N' Roses, which means songs like Estranged, Mr. Brownstown, Nightrain possibly.....Or it could mean the same songs with a few new tracks ALL recorded by the new band. 
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 11:53:14 PM »

I've heard this rumor somewhere before and just ignored it.  I went in Sam Goody out of curiousity and saw the Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits on upcoming releases myself, which is not the one from March 23 but a NEW one like I said before.  I didn't believe it so the girl actually told me that Axl did not want the Greatest Hits released and since it was against his will he's going to release his own version with his Guns N' Roses, which means songs like Estranged, Mr. Brownstown, Nightrain possibly.....Or it could mean the same songs with a few new tracks ALL recorded by the new band. 

that'd be friggin awsome.. i dont care if its "getting money from fans w/ just old material" its friggin awsome that axl wants to release a greatest hits of his own.. *if this is true that is*

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 12:10:49 AM »

I think the new version recorded by the new band is just wishful thinking on my part.  I remember around a year ago we were hearing the rumors of GN'R rehearsing the Illusion tracks, so I figured there could be some truth to this Sam Goody rumor I came across.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 01:37:00 AM »

I don't know if you guys remember or not, but back when the Illusions were about to be released, under 'the scheduled albums list' the Illusions were listed as Guns N' Roses: Greatest Hits (back in 91'). Also, there can't be a Greatest Hits 2.0, all of GN'R's hits have already been covered in the original Greatest Hits album. The only other way I see it is that album being a "Best Of". So I believe we have 3 options here:

a.) Axl is releasing a 'Best Of' album soon. (which would be redundant)
b.) This is really Chinese Democracy in disguise. (or a single)
c.) This is absolutely nothing.

Which option do you think is right? drool
xPhoeniX
Headliner

sh*t

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 02:09:58 AM »

You heard it here first folks... the latest and greatest GnR News...  Straight from fuckN Kentucky!

PEACE
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004, 03:03:01 AM »

Straight from fuckN Kentucky!

Mmm...Kentucky Fried Chicken.  drool

...AAAAHHH, I miss Buckethead!  crying
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2004, 06:31:53 AM »

A few things... there was a post on mygnr.com several weeks ago where a poster said they heard a radio station say that "A band that has recently released a Greatest Hits is to put out another one..." (or words to those effect) but nobody knew what the band in question was. Also, if this new information is true, how will it be marketed so soon after the last one? Will Geffen still put it out? Will it be labled "special edition" or something? I just can't imagine it will be promoted by the same record company.

Also, regarding the '91 situation.... how did anybody believe that when GN'R only had about 5 or 6 singles out up to that time?!

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2004, 06:40:02 AM »

Assuming that this is another greatest hits album/best of album/whatever the fuck that isn't new material album:

On the one hand, the Greatest Hits was a terrible track listing and a travesty ...

On the other hand, how much fucking bullshit must we wade through before we get a new album?

Right now I'm feeling the second a lot more than the first, as much as I am trying to feel the first more than the second.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 06:42:07 AM by echrisl » Logged

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 08:07:10 AM »

I would be interested in Axl and his new band playing the hits, It's not CD, but it would be better then most new cds that come out.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 08:11:27 AM »

I remember the same discussion from GNR fans in 91.  If Axl had a tentative release for CD, I believe he would do the same thing as 91, label it Greatest Hits.  It's not like he isn't secretive or anything.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 08:22:39 AM »

Oh, and was there anytime fram that Sam Goodys had?

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2004, 09:52:45 AM »

Straight from fuckN Kentucky!

Mmm...Kentucky Fried Chicken.? drool

...AAAAHHH, I miss Buckethead!? crying

Well, lets say, Kentucky Fierd Chicken  drool

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Sterlingdog
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2004, 11:04:04 AM »

I would be interested in Axl and his new band playing the hits, It's not CD, but it would be better then most new cds that come out.

I don't think its likely that they could successfully release something with the new band playing the old songs, considering the current lawsuit.  I have to assume Duff and Slash would block it immediately, until the case is settled.  Unless that's why they filed the lawsuit in the first place.

Also, wasn't there a rumor on this board about a month or so ago where someone said they were told at a music store that there was a self titled Guns N' Roses album due to be released?  I can't find it now, but it had to be on this board because this is the only one I read.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: