Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:00:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Greatest Hits" on Sam Goody upcoming releases list
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Greatest Hits" on Sam Goody upcoming releases list  (Read 24038 times)
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2004, 07:39:02 AM »

i don't think there will be a 2nd GHalbum, but didn't axl say that they're rerecorded 11tracks from A4D plus patience and they want to release it as a bonus disc for CD?
i mean, this would go thru as a GH, doesn't it? so this release info combined with the '91 incident - were there was also a GH listes to be turned out as UYI1/2 - "could be" something. AND, it wouldn't even be a lie.

anyways, this is total speculation, nothing more. but i kinda like it to put some things together into a lil conspiracy.
well..we'll see...

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2004, 10:49:04 PM »

Im not even going to get my hopes up saying to myself that this may be Chinese Democracy. I seriously doubt there is a re-recorded alternate version of the Greatest Hits album by the new plan scheduled to be released. Its interesting none the less but I think the best thing to do would be for some of us to visit various record stores other then Sam Goody and browse through the upcoming release catalogue. If the GnR name surfaces in multiple lists then there could be something brewing Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2004, 11:32:33 PM »

I'm still planning on going in the same store to see exactly what it means.  I'll keep this thread updated when I get a chance to check it out.
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2004, 11:43:32 PM »

Grog mog,

Thanks for this info.? If it turns out to be bullshit, no harm done because we are all expecting to hear a release date soon anyway.

If this is a GH2, did Axl lose out on money associated with GH1?? So, maybe he is releasing something to piss off the record company knowing that this will sell far as well as GH did and Axl gets the money? Huh

I hope it's CD too.? But just wait and see, I guess and we are all novices at that ok

edited to explain novice:  taken as a devotion to something such as GN'R (figured I'd explain this as there is more than one meaning for it) Grin
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 11:48:40 PM by insupportofaxl » Logged
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2004, 12:32:59 AM »

Anyone contact more Sam Goody stores and see of they're giving this out? Not that I don't believe Grog, but when I called a Boston one after hearing Booker's thing awhile back, they had no info..so who knows how coordinated these people are...

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
shaun
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2004, 02:10:33 PM »

i don't think there will be a 2nd GHalbum, but didn't axl say that they're rerecorded 11tracks from A4D plus patience and they want to release it as a bonus disc for CD?
i mean, this would go thru as a GH, doesn't it? so this release info combined with the '91 incident - were there was also a GH listes to be turned out as UYI1/2 - "could be" something. AND, it wouldn't even be a lie.

anyways, this is total speculation, nothing more. but i kinda like it to put some things together into a lil conspiracy.
well..we'll see...

About a year ago in Kerrang! Magazine they printed something along the lines of Axl was re-recording AFD to re place the original version so the old band mates could no longer benefit from the sales of AFD. How stupid is that?

Now Welcome to the Jungle is to appear in the video game: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and it will be the original recording. So I guess that blows that rumour out of the water. Wouldn?t have made more sense to use Welcome to the Jungle as recorded by the new line up?

Then Kerrang! said Lies was to re-released without One in a Million, did that ever happen?

...and now all this talk of a Greatest Hits II - i don't think so? Wink

-

Although i do like the idea of a bonus AFD (recorded with new band)  appearing along with CD  ok
...or maybe it might simply be a bonus disc with tracks from AFD and UYI and UYI II  peace

« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 02:13:38 PM by shaun » Logged
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2004, 04:51:21 PM »

I hope it's CD too.  But just wait and see, I guess and we are all novices at that ok

i think you mean experts.. lol.. novice means newbie..  Wink

and i dont know about this rumour.. i hope its true about CD but anticipation only amplifies the hurt of disappointment..  Undecided

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2004, 05:13:36 PM »

i dont know how music stores work but couldnt be that a new album is listed because they are producing more greatest hits cds because they are sold out?

the worst mistake that Axl could do is to release a cd with the new band making songs from the old band , that would make normal people to notice than this is another band and then the name of guns n roses for the new album wouldnt have the same power to sell copys.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2004, 03:13:37 PM »

First off I would like to say hi as a new member to the board. Ive been reading this site for a while now and im not just trying to be another sticky fingers with a stupid rumor. Today in Sam goodie i asked the girl if Guns had anything new coming out she checked the list and she said GN'R had a new greatest hits cd coming out there is no release date yet though. I read on a post on this site that when gnr released uyi 1+2 they put on release sheets that it was a greatest hits cd. No release date maybe its Chinese Democracy maybe its another greatest hits i don't think that makes sence though. Take it for what its worth. I'm not saying its true I hope it is though. 

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2004, 03:25:54 PM »

No, we have had this before.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2004, 03:40:48 PM »

I`ve seen this same story a couple months ago from another poster on this same message board.

Gotta love the 1 post wonders!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2004, 03:48:21 PM »

ok so if they said there was a release listed as 'greatest hits'... being a gnr fan you surley asked what date right? also maybe it's possible the 'greatest hits' album is just being re-issued or whatever...

out of everyone on this board, who gets info on a gnr release and then doesn't bother to post the actuall date? the answer is: someone who is full of shit!

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2004, 04:00:28 PM »

Well for all you doubters, give the guy a break.  He said that there was no release date yet.  He isn't saying CD is coming out, he isn't giving us a date.  All he is doing is saying maybe.  I'm tired of people giving 1 post people shit.  Think about it, a lot of people may hear something about GNR and want to go to a GNR website and share the news, or ask questions.  Therefor, they will be 1 posters and all we do is shoot them down.  Are some 1 post people full of shit?  Yes, but most aren't. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2004, 04:01:43 PM »

Hey, I think this poster?s no bull. But the girl at Sam goodie might be.

Hmmm... This is not the first time Sam goodie had GNR on their list. Booker reported his friend?s episode among those lines but as "self titled". Was it in August? And several weeks later I saw the other one on this board.
I wonder if they went to the same Sam goodie store and if they all talked to the same girl.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2004, 04:05:03 PM »

Well for all you doubters, give the guy a break.? He said that there was no release date yet.? He isn't saying CD is coming out, he isn't giving us a date.? All he is doing is saying maybe.? I'm tired of people giving 1 post people shit.? Think about it, a lot of people may hear something about GNR and want to go to a GNR website and share the news, or ask questions.? Therefor, they will be 1 posters and all we do is shoot them down.? Are some 1 post people full of shit?? Yes, but most aren't.?

ok peace beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Sterlingdog
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2004, 04:14:57 PM »

From an old thread called "greatest hits part II"

I just came back from my local Louisville, KY Sam Goody store with some weird news to share, but I guess anything that happens in the GN'R world doesn't make any sense anyway.? I go in Sam Goody every couple of months to ask about any new GN'R news, so they took out the list of upcoming releases and there it was Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits.? I talked to the lady that showed me the chart and she knew about Axl trying to prevent the release of the March 23 release, and told me "this is going to be AXL'S GN'R version of the Greatest Hits, not the record company's."? Those were her exact words, so I'm guessing we might see ANOTHER Greatest Hits album, before any signs of new singles or Chinese Democracy.?

Similar stories.? Of course the person who started this new thread might have just read the old one and decided have some fun.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2004, 04:23:43 PM »

Well
To me, that 2002 tour was not "canceled" at all
I changed my mind
I think that was part of the marketing thing
To make a product sell, they can do whatever they wanted
People are still talking about GNR, if they didn?t make that 2002 tour, GNR? won?t sell that much of the Greatest Hits ( Record Label )

What I?m saying is, "Greatest Hits" is diferent of a "Best Of" ... Greatest Hits you show all the hits, and in a Best Of you show what the band is capable to do, what the band is all about.
That?s why I think Axl wanted to do that tour... and he know that, doing that tour, and then stop and let the GNR members doing they own solo?s work, GNR will be in the spotlight, even with no new material to talk about... giving Axl all the time he wanted
I think the GNR label said "We will release something", and Axl saw that the new GNR album won?t coming out soon that time... so this Greatest Hits thing was "covered" by a tour, that ended with "no oficial words", making midia and people talking: "this time is for real... why start a tour with no album coming out?" and "no, now they?re gone" ... then the Greatest hits come and sell a lot ... GNR ( Axl ) had a Live album ( old GNR - Live Era ) , Greatest Hits ( old GNR -Greatest Hits - ALL THE HITS ) ... THEN a "BEST OF - 2002 GNR Tour" ( New GNR - All the songs Axl wanted to show to GNR fans with the NEW BAND ) and the new CD, Chinese Democracy ( New GNR ).

Again
they can do whatever they want to make a product sell
and if they put a BEST OF now, will sell a lot
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 04:28:20 PM by RnT » Logged

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2004, 04:25:18 PM »

I posted the Greatest Hits part II a while back.? Where was your Sam Goody store located?? I think there might be some kind of truth to this, either Chinese Democracy or ANOTHER Greatest Hits.? Just something weird about it, that's all.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 04:28:34 PM by grog mug » Logged
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2004, 04:34:05 PM »

The only way this would make any sense at all is if Axl decides to release new material on this "best of". Otherwise noone cares, because its just more identical tracks from AFD or UYL.

Now maybe Axl will release a "best of" with re-recorded tracks with the newest band. That would be interesting to say the least. Just do something!!!!  Shocked
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2004, 04:47:02 PM »

That?s why I think Axl wanted to do that tour... and he know that, doing that tour, and then stop and let the GNR members doing they own solo?s work, GNR will be in the spotlight, even with no new material to talk about... giving Axl all the time he wanted

That would not make sense to release a "best of" 6 months or so after a "Greatest Hits". It would be an awful marketing move.

And I'm sorry but your theory doesn't really make sense. There's no way they did a tour for something related to the GH. No way in hell. And GN'R isn't exactly "in the spotlight" right now. Sure the GH CD sold pretty well the first few weeks/ months, but the hype came down pretty quick. Besides GN'R forums, GN'R isn't really on people's minds right now. That's why they will need a HUGE, GIGANTIC marketing machine. A never-seen-before promotion plan that will put GN'R back in people's minds. And I'm not talking about another tour or GH - or best of. Whenever GN'R is gonna make their next move, we will hear about it. And I'm pretty sure it won't be from some Sam Goody clerk or an obscure music news web site. When it's going to happen, we will all find out pretty much at the same time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: