Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:08:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Greatest Hits" on Sam Goody upcoming releases list
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Greatest Hits" on Sam Goody upcoming releases list  (Read 24042 times)
kira
Opening Act

Blah!

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2004, 04:58:34 PM »

okay Roll Eyes sorry i don't believe it.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2004, 04:59:05 PM »

Now maybe Axl will release a "best of" with re-recorded tracks with the newest band. That would be interesting to say the least. Just do something!!!!  Shocked

Ever since Axl mentioned the re-recorded tracks in an interview, I wish he'd release them. I'd love to hear those tracks !

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2004, 05:03:31 PM »

That would be soo cool Cheesy

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2004, 05:30:53 PM »

What kind of deal did guns originally sign with Geffen? Could this be a way of getting out of the contract, by releasing X amount of CDs. Guns only released 4 albums of original material.

Didnt aerosmith do something similar. They were locked into a contract in which they had to produce X amount of CDs before they could be released. Instead of going through all the legal crap they just put out shedloads of Greatest Hits and Best Ofs in order to make up the numbers.

If this isnt Chinese Democracy then it could well be another greatest hits. Axl may want out, we have been hearing rumours for ages about his relationship with Geffen/Interscope.

Cant someone just call this store up and ask them. Dont know how things work over in the US but in the UK i can just pick my phone up and dial any of the major music shops and ask them.

Jonx
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2004, 05:47:26 PM »

This is really Chinese Democracy in disguise.

this really wouldnt surprise me, the new star wars trailor was released under a different name to keep it a secret for as long as possible, some cinemas didnt even know that they had the trailor!

they could be oiling them gears up again!

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2004, 06:04:07 PM »

This is really Chinese Democracy in disguise.

this really wouldnt surprise me, the new star wars trailor was released under a different name to keep it a secret for as long as possible, some cinemas didnt even know that they had the trailor!

they could be oiling them gears up again!

I wonder if this anouncement can bea single or something??? It looks like the boat finaly arrives!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2004, 07:17:37 PM »

Well for all you doubters, give the guy a break.? He said that there was no release date yet.? He isn't saying CD is coming out, he isn't giving us a date.? All he is doing is saying maybe.? I'm tired of people giving 1 post people shit.? Think about it, a lot of people may hear something about GNR and want to go to a GNR website and share the news, or ask questions.? Therefor, they will be 1 posters and all we do is shoot them down.? Are some 1 post people full of shit?? Yes, but most aren't.?

Nice call - couldnt agree more. If someone has something to share be it rumour or whatever, give them a chance. An elitist type response is 'head in the sand' stuff

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
RiotinPhilly
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2004, 10:32:56 PM »

Chinese Democracy in disguise?  I don't think many people (other than members of this board) would listen to it if it was delivered right to their door, or email for that matter.  The last thing GNR needs to do is disguise anything else- in case you forgot, they've been disguising exactly what the fuck happened to the tour.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2004, 11:46:09 PM »

About two years ago there was a store up north that had CD listed and with a release date. I called to confirm it myself and the guy gave me the same name (CD) and date.

Nothing ever came of it.

So...don't get your hopes up, even if it is on their computer..whatever 'it' is.

Mysteron?
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2004, 12:36:50 AM »

Didnt aerosmith do something similar. They were locked into a contract in which they had to produce X amount of CDs before they could be released. Instead of going through all the legal crap they just put out shedloads of Greatest Hits and Best Ofs in order to make up the numbers.
Aerosmith signed with columbia, and did owe Geffen a couple more albums, but that situation is totally different. GnR have been using Geffen's money for the past several years recording this thing. They can't just decide to release a greatest hits to fulfill their contract and walk away with the Chinese Democracy masters.

And Chinese Democracy will not be released or put on a release date list under a code name. I don't know who has been reading too many mystery novels, but my god....the album has been in the works for years. The last thing they need to do is keep the release date "a secret". If it's ready to come out, they're going to do everything they can to get the word out.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2004, 01:41:10 PM »

And Chinese Democracy will not be released or put on a release date list under a code name. I don't know who has been reading too many mystery novels, but my god....the album has been in the works for years. The last thing they need to do is keep the release date "a secret". If it's ready to come out, they're going to do everything they can to get the word out.

I agree. No reason to hide the date after all this wait.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2004, 01:48:11 PM »

Yes, but everything must be in the startboot before the startoff, gettin things in the startboot may be done secretly

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2004, 03:09:30 PM »

Yes, but everything must be in the startboot before the startoff, gettin things in the startboot may be done secretly

Maybe they won't even tell Axl that CD will be released like it 'happened' with the European tour years ago.

I agree with Lesty: they won't hide Chinese Democracy if it ever comes out.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2004, 03:13:05 PM »

I agree with Lesty: they won't hide Chinese Democracy if it ever comes out.

They done a pretty good job so far

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2004, 07:45:21 PM »

I think it'll be some kind of weird release process that Axl will come up with.  When that girl told me that Greatest Hits is still on upcoming releases and it's supposed to be Axl's version; I'm sure it's probably either re-recorded past GN'R songs, or CD in disguise.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2004, 07:51:23 PM »

Hey grog mug, did you ever check with them again after that one time?  And if you did, was it the same answer?
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2004, 08:51:03 PM »

No reason to hide the date after all this wait.

Doesn't fit, must aquit.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2004, 08:56:02 PM »

Guess they hit us hard when it's availebale for "us"

One in a million
Rocker

Rock N Roll LifeStyle!

« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2004, 04:32:29 AM »

Chinese Democracy with 10 extra bonus tracks.

10 extra bonus tracks = Axls version of GNR's greatest hits.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
You know I'd like to hurt you
But my conscience always tells me no
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2004, 12:21:22 AM »

Haven't had a chance to check back just yet, but I'm going to this weekend.  I'm sure I'll get the same answer, but I'll make sure I talk to someone different this time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: