Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:18:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  was there a civil war with roses of velvet?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: was there a civil war with roses of velvet?  (Read 6457 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 02:57:55 PM »

So really, what happened!?!?  Did you and Lofton have a falling out Brody?  Aren't you the one who started ROV?  In absense of a GNR feud and/or cd release, this is as close as we can get to good GNR drama  hihi

Details!!  ok

my site went offline.. I was having some hosting problems..

I should have the right to take my site offline for a period of time correct? I mean if jarmo took his site down for a period would it give us the right to create htgth2? NO!

So basically I ignored JAMES threats of creating a new site while mine was down! Never did i know he was crazy enough to just try and steal mine! I was under the impression with all of his GNR Community CRED! he could just create a new site with a new name and new design.

So ya thats what happend.. I started rov.. simple as that!

wow - thats pretty dick.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 03:18:23 PM »

Yeah, I'm afraid I wont be registering with this new fake ROV.  Fact is, it was a good forum... why steal the name?  That's pretty fucking evil if you ask me.  Start a new forum by all means, but don't steal the old name.  That's fucking lazy and immoral.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 03:23:51 PM »

He did it to take the members with him. He closed his site prior to that due to lack of participation, throwing a huge tantrum in the process on his mod board Cry.
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 03:45:36 PM »

He did it to take the members with him. He closed his site prior to that due to lack of participation, throwing a huge tantrum in the process on his mod board Cry.

Who?

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 04:35:25 PM »

:owow...Lofton is really crazier then first thought...better be careful Brody, he may threaten your well being at your home as well as SLC's..guy must rack up the frequent flyer miles....

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 10:48:48 PM »

You are all forgetting that a majority of the GnR community is Pro-Lofton. At least thats what some douche bag said.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 11:36:29 PM »

You are all forgetting that a majority of the GnR community is Pro-Lofton. At least thats what some douche bag said.

is that like being pro-life / pro-choice?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 07:02:05 PM »

Brody, why do you keep throwing gasoline on the fire?

Seriously dude, no one cares about your silly excuse for ROV, since what made that site was the people that posted there. Stop acting like thousands of people cant wait to join your site, and stop trying to diss the people that tried to form a new community when they thought you had completely bailed. Maybe you shouldn't have ignored Lofton's "threats" and actually responed to tell him what was up.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 08:01:45 PM »

Seriously dude, no one cares about your silly excuse for ROV,

Silly excuse for ROV? Wasn't he the guy that started ROV!?!?!  Forming a new community is one thing, taking the guys site name is another story.  While I have no vested interest in ROV.com or .net - from an outsiders POV its pretty fucked up/dick to take the guys URL name.  Why not just create a new site with a new name?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 08:19:20 PM by Lil' Butters » Logged

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 08:21:44 PM »

Silly excuse for ROV? Wasn't he the guy that started ROV!?!?!  Forming a new community is one thing, taking the guys site name is another story.  While I have no vested interest in ROV.com or .net - from an outsiders POV its pretty fucked up/dick to take the guys URL name.  Why not just create a new site with a new name?

obviously, at the time they thought Brody was unreachable, and was done with ROV, so they started a new one, with the same name, since all the staff was the same, and at that point there was no other ROV.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 09:09:29 PM »

obviously, at the time they thought Brody was unreachable, and was done with ROV, so they started a new one, with the same name, since all the staff was the same, and at that point there was no other ROV.

That don't mean shit. My opinion of rov is pretty well know, but stealing the site name, design and all that shit is pretty fucked up. That would be like the staff here stealing the name and design from Jarmo if the place went offline. You just don't do that kind of shit.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 12:36:11 AM »

agreed, i think this was very opportunistic in a very sneaky way.  My guess is someone saw a chance to seize control and become the top dog so they took it regardless of how unethical and sneaky it was.

gnr corrupts the soul!  hihi

McDuff
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 03:09:22 AM »

Of course they changed the name of the .net site,it sucked anyway,and yeah I did join the .net site because I didn't know what happened to Roses of Velvet,but then I was banned from the .net site because I just stated that Brody's site was the real Roses of Velvet and  Lofton's site wasn't. smoking
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 10:48:11 AM »

Why is anyone surprised that it came to this? Both of the main individuals in this dispute are assholes, and I feel comfortable stating that because, to quote the true Brody from Mallrats "We can sense our own." So think about it, put two assholes together, settle down D, and eventually this was bound to happen.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 11:24:14 AM »

hmm.. maybe i'll start a forum and call it gnr2k.net Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: