Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:13:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Who's tried online dating?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's tried online dating?  (Read 5772 times)
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 13, 2007, 09:46:28 PM »

Anyone have any interesting online dating stories? 

I've been IM chatting with this guy for a week now and we just talked on the phone tonight.  It was so tense and so many awkward pauses.  I'm supposed to meet him on Sunday and now I'm not so looking forward to it.  Anyone else having this problem -- you email or IM with someone but the phone/in-person conversations are so awkward and unenjoyable?

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:50:01 PM »

I've been IM chatting with this guy for a week now and we just talked on the phone tonight.  It was so tense and so many awkward pauses.  I'm supposed to meet him on Sunday and now I'm not so looking forward to it.  Anyone else having this problem -- you email or IM with someone but the phone/in-person conversations are so awkward and unenjoyable?

don't feel compelled to meet him if you're really getting a bad vibe.  tell him tomorrow that something came up and you have to reschedule and you'll call him later.  going on a date you know you're not going to enjoy is just a waste of both of your times...

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Ax?lle
Rocker

Your on my shitlist..

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 03:29:55 AM »

yes , but mine turned out good? Smiley

Like a year a half ago i kinda stranded on the gnrstrip. Made some new friends ect ect...Also an Italian guy named Dave. I'm better known as Ax?lle for those who dont know? Grin anyway...We started to pm each other and i can still remember the first chat on msn we had..The day after i went to work and found it strange i cudnt stop thinking about a guy i chatted with for just one night? Undecided I didnt even know how he looked like ! The same night i rushed home to see if he was online , he was and so we chatted some more , sended a few pics to each other and it turned out he was gorgeous !! After a week i told him what was going on , that i never had this before and how this cud happen , we lived 1500 km away from each other ( he's from Italy and im from belgium ) He told me he had the same problem ! He was suprised a thing like this cud happen. So i suggested him we'd meet ! GNR was comming to belgium and i thought this was a fine oppertunity. If i didnt go well the meeting ,we just had to stand each other for 1 weekend and then we cud get on with our lives but we had to know if what we felt was real. In the meanwhile we kept chatting and calling and texting for 2 months untill the gnr meeting. He came over with the plane and it was a compleet hit from the moment we saw each other? love I was deffo compleetly in love with this guy ! We had the best weekend ever ! To make a story short lol...after that we planned meetings every month ! I flew over to Italy or he came here to belgium. We saw each other maybe 3 days in a month if all went well...so now after a year and a half i can tell you all we live together ! He left it all in Italy and moved in with me? Smiley Its been 7 months since he's here...He likes his job and we cudnt go any better , we adore each other !!
So yeah i know a few ppl had bad exspiriences too but i can also tell you , you just have to meet the right guy ! If you look for it you'll never find it...for us it just happend ! we werend looking at all...
He's the love of my life? love

Ax?lle

ps : If any strip ppl are here they know all about it? hihi

You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? Mickey, that's what my father used to call me! I thought you'd be a little more creative than that!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 03:53:56 AM »

Good for you, Axelle! Anyway that's kinda rare. I feel online dating is too risky. For all you know, the guy might be a serial rapist or something. Reminds me of a quote I heard:

"On the Internet, guys are guys, girls are guys and kids are the Feds"

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 04:38:25 AM »

don't feel compelled to meet him if you're really getting a bad vibe.  tell him tomorrow that something came up and you have to reschedule and you'll call him later.  going on a date you know you're not going to enjoy is just a waste of both of your times...

no, don't make excuses.  just say upfront that you are sorry but dont feel comfortable.  that simple and you don't have to lie and be deceiptful.
Ax?lle
Rocker

Your on my shitlist..

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 06:04:22 AM »

Good for you, Axelle! Anyway that's kinda rare. I feel online dating is too risky. For all you know, the guy might be a serial rapist or something. Reminds me of a quote I heard:

"On the Internet, guys are guys, girls are guys and kids are the Feds"

yeah so true ! It took us about 3 months off chattin before the meeting so i kinda felt like we knew each other ( atleast a bit better ) but i was very nervous the first day , you dont actually know the person and anything cud of gone wrong...I guess i was lucky Smiley

You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? Mickey, that's what my father used to call me! I thought you'd be a little more creative than that!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 10:11:26 AM »

id try it but im to chicken.im afraid of people i think the worst all the time.ive had guys over the years chatting but it leads to nowere.because i don't let it.right now i have one who keeps im ing me about meeting.i should just be honest and tell him i don't.cause everytime i see him im me,i hide anymore.i think most of them are perverts and that's funny coming from me huh.

the one an only horsey !
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 10:51:18 AM »

you don't have to lie and be deceiptful.

but thats the best part about being single/dating!!!   hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 12:11:12 AM »

Anyone have any interesting online dating stories??

I've been IM chatting with this guy for a week now and we just talked on the phone tonight.? It was so tense and so many awkward pauses.? I'm supposed to meet him on Sunday and now I'm not so looking forward to it.? Anyone else having this problem -- you email or IM with someone but the phone/in-person conversations are so awkward and unenjoyable?

don't feel compelled to meet him if you're really getting a bad vibe.? tell him tomorrow that something came up and you have to reschedule and you'll call him later.? going on a date you know you're not going to enjoy is just a waste of both of your times...

It's not that I got a bad vibe, like he's dangerous or creepy.  He just didn't seem very lively.  And he was the one who wanted to talk on the phone.  It's like he had a hard time talking, even though I was working my ass off to keep the conversation going. 

Do you think someone can be bad on the phone but interesting in person?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 12:47:34 AM »

People who meet people online are pathetic. Grin

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 08:20:37 AM »

Well, it's hard for some people to meet people because they're shy or busy or for whatever reason... Not everyone goes to school...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 10:50:52 AM »

It's a better alternative than the drunken whore at the end of the bar at 1:55AM

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Ax?lle
Rocker

Your on my shitlist..

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 02:56:32 AM »

It's a better alternative than the drunken whore at the end of the bar at 1:55AM

indeed  rofl

I'd say your right...for ppl who are really looking for it , there are pervs everywhere ! But for me , i was going out with friends , met guys while doing that ect ect ,I dont think im ugly , it JUST happend...I'm from belgium , a small country nobody knows. If you tell ppl i met him online they look at you like your an alien  Undecided I dont see myself as pathetic , i see myself as one lucky gall who never thought this cud happend and who met the greatest guy  ok

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 06:16:10 AM »

why pathetic ? it's the same people you can find in the restaurant, in a bar, at your work, at school.
it doesn't change a thing because you meet them with your PC. there is no "people" and "online people".
just people. who has computers. big deal.

so yes, it's more easy to talk, and it's quick.

and for the pervs thing, don't be so paranoid, there's more like teens like you online than dangerous perverts,
don't trust T.V so much. and it's not because you like sex than you're a perv.

to Natasha23, you don't feel it yourself, so don't go.
you'll find another guy who make you feel comfortable, with a good sense of humor, don't loose your time with someone you don't feel.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 12:58:59 PM »

why pathetic ? it's the same people you can find in the restaurant, in a bar, at your work, at school.
it doesn't change a thing because you meet them with your PC. there is no "people" and "online people".

and for the pervs thing, don't be so paranoid, there's more like teens like you online than dangerous perverts,

you'll find another guy who make you feel comfortable, with a good sense of humor, don't loose your time with someone you don't feel.

I actually did go and although he seemed like a nice guy, he's not for me.  he didn't creep me out, but it was awkward-uncomfortable, not exciting-uncomfortable.  There just wasn't any chemistry whatsoever.  But I gave it a try.
Ax?lle
Rocker

Your on my shitlist..

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 01:29:15 AM »

well good for you , atleast you know now.. Smiley

A.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 11:15:51 AM »

I actually met my wife via online dating. However I did meet several crazy people before her though  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 07:33:58 PM »

I actually did go and although he seemed like a nice guy, he's not for me.  he didn't creep me out, but it was awkward-uncomfortable, not exciting-uncomfortable.  There just wasn't any chemistry whatsoever.  But I gave it a try.

just read your answer. i'm not surprised Wink
but well, it was nice from you to go yes.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GeraldFord
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 09:33:58 PM »

Met my current gf on hotornot.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 09:55:12 PM »

Im actually engaged to a girl I met right here on Here Today Gone To Hell.

I wasn't being serious in my earlier post.

Online dating is awesome and I recommend it highly. As long as both people are honest its a great experience.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: