Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:28:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Avenged Sevenfold
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold  (Read 76945 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« on: September 17, 2004, 11:30:39 AM »

I went to see these guys at the beginning of this year and they are incredible.

Their latest album (Waking the Fallen) is fucking amazing. I'd recommend Chapter Four, Unholy Confessions and Remenissions from it to almost anybody, and also probably Eternal Rest.

Warmess on the Soul, from their debut (Sounding the Seventh Trumpt, which also rules), is also a bad ass song.

They're edging away from any emo bands that may resemble them, and are quite a melodious hardcore band.  ok

Supposedly they're about to start recording their next album, so it's all good news there,

Anybody else a fan, or seen them live?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:27:14 AM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 02:44:25 PM »

I got their latest album - and wasn't that impressed - bit too much screaming, its been done before and much better.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Chris Misfit
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 07:55:17 PM »

See, I heard of this band ages ago. But, it is it hardcore in the punk sense, or is it hardcore in the "Were a metal band, but we don't want to admit it" sense?

I get the impression that they would sound like FFAF or KSE, just by the fans they have. Ignorance is bliss.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 12:13:40 AM »

they dont sound like punk to me at all.

they sound like a metal band. metal band with screamo vovals.

theres an article about them in one of the guitar mags i got, and the guitarist Synyster Gates gives me the impression that he's a cocky fag who thinks he's the greatest guitarist to walk the earth.

in the interview he passes judgement on a lot of guitar players. "jimmy page couldn't play his way out of a paper bag" "EVH was nothing special, that two fingered thing is so old" etc . Some of what he said may be true, but wat a damn criticial bastard considering nobody gives a fuck about synyster gates' riffs.

sorry he just really pissed me off.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 01:54:09 PM »

See, I heard of this band ages ago. But, it is it hardcore in the punk sense, or is it hardcore in the "Were a metal band, but we don't want to admit it" sense?

I get the impression that they would sound like FFAF or KSE, just by the fans they have. Ignorance is bliss.

Well, inbetween I would guess, but a lot of their stuff isn't really very punky.

They are nothing like FFAF, although I can see why I would think that you would think they are.

As I said, they're a far cry from bands that they may seem like, even if they share similar friends.

I would definatly not refer to them as an emo band.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 03:21:46 PM »

Just been reading about them in the latest Kerrang mag.  3 of the members favourite albums are GN'R ones so they seem to be big fans and the article cites them as the most dangerous rock 'n' roll band since GN'R so im definately intrigued but i get the feeling Kerrang may be talking out of their arses...they seem to have a habit of doing that, anywayz i think i might download some of their stuff see what their like....anyone got anything positive to say about them?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 05:00:56 PM »

Just been reading about them in the latest Kerrang mag.? 3 of the members favourite albums are GN'R ones so they seem to be big fans and the article cites them as the most dangerous rock 'n' roll band since GN'R so im definately intrigued but i get the feeling Kerrang may be talking out of their arses...they seem to have a habit of doing that, anywayz i think i might download some of their stuff see what their like....anyone got anything positive to say about them?

If u like screamo vocals u'll be okay, but it just turned me off....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 05:17:48 PM »

Just been reading about them in the latest Kerrang mag.? 3 of the members favourite albums are GN'R ones so they seem to be big fans and the article cites them as the most dangerous rock 'n' roll band since GN'R so im definately intrigued but i get the feeling Kerrang may be talking out of their arses...they seem to have a habit of doing that, anywayz i think i might download some of their stuff see what their like....anyone got anything positive to say about them?

Depends, i don't mind if the rest of the bands decent, good riffs and all...i'll soon see presently downloading some stuff
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 06:03:38 PM »

sounds like a typical metal gothic band. Weird album names etc.

html sucks
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 06:23:38 PM »

Just been reading about them in the latest Kerrang mag.  3 of the members favourite albums are GN'R ones so they seem to be big fans and the article cites them as the most dangerous rock 'n' roll band since GN'R so im definately intrigued but i get the feeling Kerrang may be talking out of their arses...they seem to have a habit of doing that, anywayz i think i might download some of their stuff see what their like....anyone got anything positive to say about them?

Depends, i don't mind if the rest of the bands decent, good riffs and all...i'll soon see presently downloading some stuff

I like them, havent got any albums or owt, just enjoy what ive heard so far..will download a few more tracks ASAP...

Agree with the Gothic Bastard Kid Moderator though...melodical they definately are....

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 06:35:10 PM »

Melodical, most definatly brutha.

I went to see them a couple of weeks actually. They were great. My only complaint is that they played a lot of new stuff...Now I like to hear new stuff, but when the majority of a set list is full of stuff you've never heard before? Not so much.

The new album is out tommorow, actually. Maybe it came out today here, actually? I've been revising all day.......

But yeah, they're great, check out pretty much anything from Waking the Fallen...Rock n' fucking roll. Kinda.

Edit the first: You can stream the new album over at the website, now
Edit the second: They filmed their new video at the gig I was at.  ok  Well, some of it at least....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 06:37:42 PM by used illusions [ aapc ] » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 06:37:15 PM »

Yeah..the new album is called... CITY OF EVIL!
Today it came out...im downloading at the mo to see what its like, then will go buy tomorrow as i have a day off you little goth bastard!
Now get back to that revision!

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 06:38:50 PM »

Ahh bitchin' man, post a review as soon as you've listened to it properly. yes

I've heard three songs, and they were all great.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 01:39:23 PM »

i think the new album is amazing , at first its alittle weird because its alittle different from the past songs , but i have been listening to this new album and keeps getting better ,  Seize the Day , M.I.A ,Bat Country,Betrayed are pretty good songs .

and you can listen a lot of Guns in their songs , indeed their have to be fans of the band because the new album sounds alot like some of the UYI songs.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 12:41:53 PM »

I heard some of there songs and they are totaly crap. How kerrang compares them to GNR is a joke.

html sucks
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2005, 02:30:09 PM »

mrlee whats songs dis you heard? 

totaly crap? i can understand you dont like it the songs but the new album its pretty cool and indeed sounds alittle bit like Guns .
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2005, 10:01:04 PM »

i was looking for a thread on them and couldnt find one.  They are sooo kick ass, i saw them on nov 18th, it was easily the best show ive ever seen.  in my opinion they are going to be the band that brings metal back to the main stream, i mean they are already on TRL which no metal or real rock band for that matter has been in a while, so they are on a damn good start.  i fucking love this band, they are amazing.  Synyster Gates is definatly my new favorite guitarist. peace

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2005, 10:56:31 PM »

Metalcore is its own thing, I think. It's not really metal, or hardcore; it's both. It will have its own comminity, but I don't think it will have too much influence on the rest of metal. If it's too metallic, it becomes thrash.

I think Shadow's Fall is the best metalcore band out there today. A7X is a bit bland to me, but I can take small doses of them when I'm in a metalcore mood. And of course, metalcore is always much, much better live! It's energetic music designed to make heads band!

(but thrash is still better Wink)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 01:26:59 PM »

Has anyone heard this band?  I always assumed that they were just another of those crappy metalcore bands.  But I never even listened to them, until I happened to hear "Bat Country" a couple weeks ago.  That's a great song!  The music really harkens back to classic rock/metal a lot more than I would have expected, and the singer kind of reminds me of Mike Patton.  I also detect a sizable Guns N' Roses influence there.  "Beast and the Harlot" is an awesome song too - very Maiden-ish.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 02:03:30 PM »

there;s already a thread about his band

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: