Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:04:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Skid Row thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Skid Row thread  (Read 82660 times)
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2004, 04:34:40 AM »

Extended tour dates now cover the USA and Europe -

From www.skidrow.com

February

18 ? Vernal, UT at Club XS

19 - Nephi, UT at Salt Creek Sports Lounge

20 ? Boise, ID at The Big Easy Concert House

21 ? Spokane, WA at The Big Easy Concert House

22 ? Surrey, BC at Ozone Niteclub

24 ? Regina, SK at The Pump

25 ? Calgary, AB at Morgan's

26 - Grande Prairie, AB at The Corral

27 ? Lloydminster, AB at The Kooler

28 - Medicine Hat, AB at The Beverage

March

1 - Saskatoon, SK at The Roxy

3 - Gillette, WY at Jakes Tavern

4 - Idaho Falls, ID at The Ritz Nightclub

5 - Seattle, WA at Fenix Underground

6 - Tacoma, WA at Fenders

9 - Santa Clara, CA at Avalon Nightclub

10 - Los Angeles, CA at Whisky a Go Go

11 - Santa Ana, CA at Galaxy Theatre

12 - San Diego, CA at Canes Bar & Grill

24 - Oslo, Norway at John Dee        

26 - Stockholm, Sweden at Klubben            

27 - V?ster?s, Sweden at Prisma

28 - G?thenborg, Sweden at Storan            

30 - Copenhagen, Denmark at Pumphuset        

31 - Berlin, Germany at Halford

April              

1 - Vienna, Austria at Planet            

2 - Bassano Del Grappa, Italy at La Gabbia  Music Club  

3 - Guilatieri, Italy at Tempo Rock

5 - Madrid, Spain at Caracol            

6 - Barcelona, Spain at Bikini            

7 - Paris, France at La Boule Noire

8 - Wolverhampton, UK at Wulfren Hall  

9 - London, UK at Mean Fiddler

Two UK dates, both down south is shit in my opinion - No Manchester,Newcastle or even Scotland dates mean I wont be able to see them!

Riot In Everyone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2004, 12:48:26 PM »

Looks like a roadtrip to Wolverhampton on April 8th for me and Rico, Lineker10 they got a single 'Ghost' coming out soon and you never know if it is a big success they may add a few more dates
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2004, 07:11:27 PM »

Goto SkidRow.com Captain.

When i went the setlist from what i can remember had:

Slave To The Grind
Beat Yourself Blind
18 And Life
I Remember You
I Remember You Two
Makin' A Mess
Youth Gone Wild
Thick Is The Skin
Ghost
New Generation
Lamb
Monkey Business
Psycho Therapy
Get The Fuck Out

None of the songs you mentioned were played but trust me Lineker it was a fucking great time, the new vocalist is not as vocally talented but they put on one hell of a fuckin' show, like he said anyone fucker tells you this band is not Skid Row tell them to get the FUCK out Smiley

im going to see skid row on next wednsday... does anyone know if they play this setlist at the euro shows too? and if they really play I remeber you and IRY2 in a row?

i cant wait to see them. i only hope that the new drummer is as good as mr phil...  ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2004, 07:46:55 AM »

That setlist i posted was not the order of the songs played I Remember You and I Remember You Two are played but not back to back they are separated throughout, when i saw them it was November the album was very new and has only recently been reviewed in some magazines over here since the album has now been out longer id expect more songs off the new album, anywayz Captain write a review of the show when you get back tell us what you thought ok
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2004, 12:23:23 PM »

That setlist i posted was not the order of the songs played I Remember You and I Remember You Two are played but not back to back they are separated throughout, when i saw them it was November the album was very new and has only recently been reviewed in some magazines over here since the album has now been out longer id expect more songs off the new album, anywayz Captain write a review of the show when you get back tell us what you thought ok

hehe.. will do... might be hard though, if im not in the front row, there will ALWAYS be  some tall motherfuckers infront of me. cant be mistaken! it sucks bigtime!!  hihi

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2004, 12:15:23 PM »

god!!!!!! i was at the show wednsady! it rocked!!!

im not even gonna atempt to write the setlist... but i know they played mostly old songs...

and sloinger surely do fucking truly amazingly rock damn much! he has screams from hell that the album dont show... almost those axl b(r)anshee screams....

and when they did I Remeber You (1) snake did it on an acustic guitar... and it the brigde they stopped playing cuz the band was missing.... i dont know if they where sposed to play the whole song, but solinger did bitch about it alittle  hihi

and they did Psycko Therapy or something by The Ramones with Rachel on vocals! and rachel did a bass solo during a song.....

i was at the fron line right infront of Snake, so i got a pick from him... i got hit a couple of times by some wanker to the left of me thinking he was the drummer and aired drum. he was so out of beat that even snake laughed at him!  rofl the same guy wanted one of the guards there to go onstage and get him a drumstick while the band was off before the encore's  rofl

anyway, great band, best live band i have ever seen! lots of energy!!

and i really though that Snake was they lead player, but scotti hill played most solos. and that guy rocks much! he is PSYCO!! the look in that guys eyes are cruel! evil!!! funny guy.
he even help some poor guy in the front row who got pulled back by an asshole back to the front bu giving him the guitar and scotti pulled him back! that was cool!

GO SKID ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! we love you, yes we do Cheesy

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2004, 04:09:59 PM »

god!!!!!! i was at the show wednsady! it rocked!!!

im not even gonna atempt to write the setlist... but i know they played mostly old songs...

and sloinger surely do fucking truly amazingly rock damn much! he has screams from hell that the album dont show... almost those axl b(r)anshee screams....

and when they did I Remeber You (1) snake did it on an acustic guitar... and it the brigde they stopped playing cuz the band was missing.... i dont know if they where sposed to play the whole song, but solinger did bitch about it alittle  hihi

and they did Psycko Therapy or something by The Ramones with Rachel on vocals! and rachel did a bass solo during a song.....

i was at the fron line right infront of Snake, so i got a pick from him... i got hit a couple of times by some wanker to the left of me thinking he was the drummer and aired drum. he was so out of beat that even snake laughed at him!  rofl the same guy wanted one of the guards there to go onstage and get him a drumstick while the band was off before the encore's  rofl

anyway, great band, best live band i have ever seen! lots of energy!!

and i really though that Snake was they lead player, but scotti hill played most solos. and that guy rocks much! he is PSYCO!! the look in that guys eyes are cruel! evil!!! funny guy.
he even help some poor guy in the front row who got pulled back by an asshole back to the front bu giving him the guitar and scotti pulled him back! that was cool!

GO SKID ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! we love you, yes we do Cheesy

Great to know you had a good fucking time, Scotti is an evil motherfucker when they played 'Beat Yourself Blind' when i saw them i thought he was going to beat the crap out of everyone, i also got one of Snake's plecs being at the front like u Smiley and yep it is 'Psycho Therapy' by 'The Ramones' which Rachael sings, anyway thanks for the report dude ok
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2004, 07:03:31 PM »

one thing i remeber now, the "intro" to the show was The ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop... and some english dude started to yell "Hey, Ho, SKID ROW!"  hihi funny as hell  ok peace

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2004, 12:49:27 AM »

one thing i remeber now, the "intro" to the show was The ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop... and some english dude started to yell "Hey, Ho, SKID ROW!"  hihi funny as hell  ok peace

They played that for us to as the intro just before it they had put on 'My Michelle'
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2004, 03:52:13 PM »

Tim DiDuro has been named as the drummer for SKID ROW.  DiDuro from Orlando, FL. will replace Phil Varone who abruptly left the band due to "personal reasons." Tim was signed on to play for the first leg of SKID ROW's 2004 World Tour which starts in Vernal, UT in February and runs into Europe in April. He will also appear in the new SKID ROW video for "Ghost."

i just remembered, in Norway, it was Phil playing drums... atleast thats what Johnny said.. the drummer, Phil! he said...

so i guess he is back in... mr. Varone that is...  peace

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2004, 07:17:41 AM »

Tim DiDuro has been named as the drummer for SKID ROW.  DiDuro from Orlando, FL. will replace Phil Varone who abruptly left the band due to "personal reasons." Tim was signed on to play for the first leg of SKID ROW's 2004 World Tour which starts in Vernal, UT in February and runs into Europe in April. He will also appear in the new SKID ROW video for "Ghost."

i just remembered, in Norway, it was Phil playing drums... atleast thats what Johnny said.. the drummer, Phil! he said...

That's damn weird if he was you would expect them to post something on their site
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2004, 11:22:54 AM »

That's damn weird if he was you would expect them to post something on their site

i know... when  he got introduced i was like... wasnt he suposed to be out? but it rocked anyway... :p

but johnny may have said wrong, but i find that hard to believe to. and i know it was Phil the drummer was called. i wasnt drunk, so...

but then again, you would belvie that GNR would have posted something on their website about anything....  hihi so it might be delayed or just a lazy ass webmaster  Tongue

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2004, 03:35:37 PM »

Is this the dude you saw or not?

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2004, 05:30:24 PM »

im pretty fucking sure. to be honest, i didnt look at the drummer the most.

but im 99 % sure.. but i dont recall all those tatoos though....

oh, and is it only you and me liking skid row here? :p

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2004, 06:04:17 PM »

im pretty fucking sure. to be honest, i didnt look at the drummer the most.

but im 99 % sure.. but i dont recall all those tatoos though....

oh, and is it only you and me liking skid row here? :p

It looks like Phil Varone could still be in then i was meant to be seeing them at the end of the week but im saving my money now for Download instead so i won't be able to shed anymore light on this matter until they update their site or release a video (what's happened to the 'Ghost' vid they were making).  There are others who like Skid Row Lineker10 and Dizzy come to mind but i guess we are their biggest fans on this board
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2004, 06:08:45 PM »

i do know that johnny said something about the video. if i rember correct they are done filming it.... and will soon be released...

do you have that DVD? is it cool?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

i do know that johnny said something about the video. if i rember correct they are done filming it.... and will soon be released...

I don't have it, it's like 40 minutes long and about ?15 so i thought it was a bit expensive, i'll buy it eventually though
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2004, 06:16:47 PM »

I don't have it, it's like 40 minutes long and about ?15 so i thought it was a bit expensive, i'll buy it eventually though

yeah, i reacted on that too.... and its only available on that website? pretty fucked.. i hoped i was gonna get one without paying for the shipment. they should have had one at their merch table at their concerts!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2004, 07:11:51 AM »

Extra Tour Dates
5/8
Triniad West Indies
Queens Park Oval

5/14
Orlando, FL
House Of Blues

5/15
Tampa, FL
Masquerade

5/19
Jonesboro, GA
Breakers

5/20
Nashville, TN
Boots Reverb

5/21
Charlotte, NC
Amos Southend

5/22
Springfield, VA
Jaxx

7/9
Gilford, NH
Meadows Theatre

7/10
Bangor, ME
Russells

Finally found a good review of Thickskin, one i agree with from www.allmusic.com ;

When Skid Row reunited without Sebastian Bach in 2000 and hired Johnny Solinger as their new lead singer, many longtime fans were understandably skeptical. Some were hostile to the very idea, arguing that a Skid Row reunion without Bach would be like a Led Zeppelin reunion without Robert Plant, or a Nirvana reunion without the late Kurt Cobain ? in other words, they saw Bach as irreplaceable and indispensable. Period. But Thickskin, Skid Row's first studio album with the expressive Solinger, is surprisingly good, although it should be stressed that this 2003 release is hardly a carbon copy of the band's Atlantic output of the late '80s and early- to mid-'90s. Instead, Skid Row updates their sound, offering a more modern approach (by early 2000s standards) that is obviously cognizant of alternative rock tastes. It isn't as dramatic a makeover as Tommy Lee gave himself after leaving M?tley Cr?e and forming Methods of Mayhem, but it certainly isn't a dose of hair band nostalgia, either. Those who expect the Skid Row of 2003 to sound exactly like the old Bach-era Skid Row are bound to be disappointed; those who are open to a more alternative-friendly outlook will find a lot to like about this melodic yet hard-driving effort, which fuses elements of Slave to the Grind and Subhuman Race with an awareness of the sort of post-grunge sound one would expect from the Foo Fighters, Silverchair, Creed, or Default. It's an appealing combination, although some diehard Bach loyalists will inevitably insist that an alterna-rock version of Skid Row isn't really Skid Row. Regardless, this is a decent outing ? one that falls short of essential, but is still a respectable demonstration of the band's ability to revamp their sound and carry on without Bach. ? Alex Henderson
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 11:58:40 AM by STONED IN THE NORTH » Logged
Ric0
Opening Act

crawling in the dark

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2004, 08:16:38 AM »

skid row are pure class just because they lost their lead member bach doesnt mean that the band is crap. I went to see them not long back and they rocked they really did i though that the vocals of the main man wernt as good as bach but come on they are hard to beat but apart from that they really did get into their songs.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: