Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:51:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Self-requirements
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Self-requirements  (Read 2112 times)
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« on: March 23, 2006, 05:48:45 AM »

How hard do you press yourself?

1. I'm a becoming sales manager at my work and still on training time. And I'm doing pioner-work so there's really no one to ask if I need some help. I'm given credit of the job which has been refered as "outstanding". Still I feel like I should do twice as good to meet my own requirements.

2. I'm the CEO of my limo-company, things are, however, moving really slowly because I'm waiting if the state will give me financial aid or do I need to take a loan. Anyway I'd need the answer yesterday! And I still got quite a lot of paperwork to do. I should've done that all ready.

3. I want to work-out more, I got high standards for my body. So every week I don't work out atleast once I feel guilty.

So when everyone else thinks I'm doing good, I feel like I should work twice as much.

What's that called?

What about everyone else?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 06:10:20 AM »

I sometimes let myself go, and afterwards, when I get back on track I'm pretty hard on myself for being lazy. When you're 'on top of your own game', it becomes easy to control the shit that goes on in your life, and it pushes the standards by which I judge myself, if you know what I mean. But there are, unfortunately, times when I just don't feel like doing shit. And that pisses me off. It pisses me off when I feel that way, and it pisses me off even more when I get back on track again.

But right now, I'm just trying my best to graduate some time and getting a job...

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 07:17:20 AM »

I'm a excellent procrastinator.  While in university, I have a perception that I must get As in all my courses.  However, I don't punch time equally on my courses.  Instead, I tend to put papers off until a day or two before they are due and I put off studying for exams until the night before.  Why do I do this?  I know I can.  I absorb a lot of knowledge that remains fresh in my mind for use the next day on an exam.  I write very well when I'm under the pressure of a deadline.  I do get a lot of As, so I'm happy about that!  That's why I don't really want to change my ways.  But overall, my requirement as a student is to be the best that I can possibly be and get an average between a B plus and an A on all my courses.

With regards to work, I push myself really hard to get things done so I can have a few days where I don't have to do anything.  This gives me the opportunity to relax and sit back and enjoy some random musings on the internet, such as those offered at the forums here at HTGTH.  ok  Overall, I have a goal to be in upper management of a law or accounting firm, so I certainly have a lot of work to do to get there in the future.

At the gym, I push myself really hard.  When I'm in school I tend not to eat healthy and get little to no exercise.  This is a huge problem for me, as I end up putting on some extra baggage.  That extra baggage is near impossible to take away.  But being on a workterm now, I try to hit the gym five times a week, burning upwards of 700 calories a night and doing a whole lot of resistance training.  My weight hasn't dropped very this semester, but I've certainly changed my shape.  I feel the need to work a lot harder though and get into better shape, as I know there is still some fat hanging around.

Finally, socially,  I want to be a good person and help out anyone whenever I can.  I want to be the funny smart guy that everyone loves to have around.   At the same time, I want to be serious when seriousness is important.  I also want to get married to a successful woman and have a family and a huge in the suburbs!  Grin

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 12:25:01 PM »

With regards to work, I push myself really hard to get things done so I can have a few days where I don't have to do anything.

That is my philosophy too. Doing a good work, but always be ready to kick in a day off, sometimes!  beer
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 03:17:40 PM »

It is good to push yourself.

But even better to forgive yourself.

Both help you grow.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 03:36:27 PM »

Both help you grow.
I think the forgiving part is the hardest, or realizing own humanity.

I've had a burnout all ready.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 03:39:39 PM »

Both help you grow.
I think the forgiving part is the hardest, or realizing own humanity.

I've had a burnout all ready.

Steady as she goes..............
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 03:41:02 PM »

I push myself as far as I can go. And one of these times, I'm going to accidentaly kill myself.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 04:42:04 AM »

I usually work out bout 2 and a half hours a day 5 days a week and the two off days I take I feel like a fat lazy fuckin slob.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 03:47:50 PM »

i spend far too much time on my work...even after my boss leaves and i am not obliged to stay, i still work on...i guess im obsessed... hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: