Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Cindy Sheehan Quits..."Dems caved in to Bush"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cindy Sheehan Quits..."Dems caved in to Bush"  (Read 30113 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »

maybe it's possible that people don't care if we were lied to, or if mistakes were made. that's all in the past and losers on message boards can debate and claim they know the "facts". (when in reality we probably don't know 95% of the facts, and never will. and because washington is so corrupt, we can't depend on opposing parties to expose anyone cause they all have blood on their hands.)

and maybe people (i.e. people currently enlisting and re-enlisting) look at the situation over there and believe the U.S. must finish what it started and cannot abandon a defenseless group of people to be slaughtered.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2007, 11:17:26 PM »

I'm sure there are people out there like that - but Casey Sheehan re-enlisting doesn't mean that he believed with all of his heart the war is right.  It could mean a number of things.  You and I can guess all we want but I would think its safe to assume his mother knew a little more than Butters and Drew from HTGTH.com.  Agreed?

I can agree with you some but not completely. I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right. Just as you can go on how you feel, so can I. And by saying that, I believe how telling it was of her son to sign up the second time.

you're entitled to your opinion on why Casey re-enlisted, but to trash his mother just because you're speculating Casey was for the war is pretty low.  Like I said, I think his mother would have more of a clue than you or I or anyone else.
To think all of this woman gave up, her marriage, her finances, her reputation (it was smeared left and right) along with all the grief she must have - I think people should just leave her alone.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
sandman
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2007, 11:21:59 PM »

butters - i agree with your last two posts here. but i think it's irresponsible that said some nasty things about people who have a different opinion than hers.

not to mention meeting with a chavez.

and it seems odd that the people saying the "attention whore" should be left alone are the same ones that trashed Jerry Falwell immediately after his death.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2007, 11:22:09 PM »

maybe it's possible that people don't care if we were lied to, or if mistakes were made. that's all in the past and losers on message boards can debate and claim they know the "facts". (when in reality we probably don't know 95% of the facts, and never will. and because washington is so corrupt, we can't depend on opposing parties to expose anyone cause they all have blood on their hands.)

and maybe people (i.e. people currently enlisting and re-enlisting) look at the situation over there and believe the U.S. must finish what it started and cannot abandon a defenseless group of people to be slaughtered.

uhhh, judging by the polls, I'd say people care about being lied to.  Based on the mid-terms, I'd say they care about the mistakes that were made.

as for the defenseless people - yes there are many innocents in iraq being killed - do you think they care about the lies and mistakes of the Bush admin??

SLCPUNK
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2007, 12:22:16 AM »

I'm sure there are people out there like that - but Casey Sheehan re-enlisting doesn't mean that he believed with all of his heart the war is right.  It could mean a number of things. 

Doing what one believes is honorable, does not always mean it is something they agree with.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2007, 06:46:26 PM »

you're entitled to your opinion on why Casey re-enlisted, but to trash his mother just because you're speculating Casey was for the war is pretty low.  Like I said, I think his mother would have more of a clue than you or I or anyone else.
To think all of this woman gave up, her marriage, her finances, her reputation (it was smeared left and right) along with all the grief she must have - I think people should just leave her alone.

Leave her alone? She's the one who wanted and took advantage of all this attention. I doubt anyone was twisting her arm to say the things she's said.

If she's going to be a public image and protestor than she better well face the fact that she will be attacked for her lies and smear jobs.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2007, 09:18:43 PM »

Leave her alone? She's the one who wanted and took advantage of all this attention. I doubt anyone was twisting her arm to say the things she's said.

If she's going to be a public image and protestor than she better well face the fact that she will be attacked for her lies and smear jobs.

What lies?

What smear jobs?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2007, 09:29:48 PM »

What lies?

What smear jobs?

This will be like your "loaded question and truths" comment. What I believe are her lies and smear jobs, you will disagree with. I can't change your opinion on what you believe nor can you change mine.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2007, 09:37:38 PM »

Less "believe", more evidence.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2007, 09:48:30 PM »

Evidence is not proof, and evidence is subject to interpretation.

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2007, 09:58:50 PM »

Evidence is not proof, and evidence is subject to interpretation.

It's better than hearsay and bullshit. So it's still a lofty raising of the current standard.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2007, 10:28:21 PM »

What lies?

What smear jobs?

This will be like your "loaded question and truths" comment. What I believe are her lies and smear jobs, you will disagree with. I can't change your opinion on what you believe nor can you change mine.

so you're calling someone a liar and accusing them of a smear job with only your opinion to back it up.   rofl

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2007, 10:29:08 PM »

Leave her alone? She's the one who wanted and took advantage of all this attention.

yeah she was just SO excited when her son was killed.  turd sandwich or giant douche anyone?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2007, 10:29:18 PM »

so you're calling someone a liar and accusing them of a smear job with only your opinion to back it up.   rofl

At least he didn't reference himself like Flagg did.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2007, 10:30:24 PM »

At least he didn't reference himself like Flagg did.

I'm sure the Ann Coulter reference is coming up soon....shes a legitimate source. 

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2007, 11:56:23 PM »

Good riddance....

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2007, 06:50:26 AM »

We've gone thru this how many times now? I give my examples and references to back up my claims and their simply blown off because of close minded people here.

So Butters, why waste my time going to that extent?

GeraldFord
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2007, 08:17:21 AM »

What has Cindy Sheehan lied about?

Did Iraq have WMD???

Helloooooooooooooo.

That was the point of the war, remember?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2007, 09:00:46 AM »

Anyone who makes a stand.
Anyone who stands up for what they believe in and acts on it should be commended.

including Jerry Falwell?

No, there's exceptions to every rule.

I should have said "makes a stand for the common good". I didn't think I would have to spell it out for you.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2007, 09:16:58 AM »

What lies?

What smear jobs?

Where is Mike Moore when you need him?!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: