Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:15:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ONE BIG NEGATIVE-WHERES THE ROCK???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ONE BIG NEGATIVE-WHERES THE ROCK???  (Read 13800 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2006, 01:13:01 PM »

When were the industrial elements  "trendy"  last? As if you were still in the mid 90s.

An Epic doesn't necessarily mean a ballad. See zeppelin.

This thread should be in the Dead Horse section...

Good fuckin GOD. Go buy contraband or the new L.A guns if you want that kind of Rock, cause Axl is NOT doing that Recycled genre anymore, and THANK GOD !

why do people act like axl rose is the only man that does anything new?  Gnr's influences were older bands like aerosmith so does that make afd recycled rock.. Putting sound effects into the music or keyboards or piano or whatever else isn't anything new or inovative.. it's all been done before.. Anyways if axl had done a afdish type album you'd all be loving it  anyways so no sence of even debating what way he goes..

What's fair is fair whatever type of record axl put out the gnr internet community would love it.. yes

I guess ac/dc is just some crappy ban dthen that doesn't want to change.. yet their fan following and constant radio played songs are huge..

it's really amazing how everyone puts axl rose on top of eevryone else like he's the only one with an idea of what is right.. he makes great music, but others do too, it may not be what axl is doing but that doesn't change the fact..
You say If Axl was doing the same Kind of AFD rock we would all love it... but you don't get it, there is no IF, axl would never do that. It wouldn't be Axl. You are confusing recycled with influenced music. There is a difference.

And If GNR was delivering the dead spit of afd, UYI or whatever, then, damnit, I'd have no use for GNR, I might add.
Good posts woody.

Mike, Just let me remind you that Not everyone here digs the blues and maddy.
And I think you guessed right about ACDC.

Plus, it's really amazing how some fans put everything about the old band on top of anything else, like it is sacred and inviolable, like making any comment on it is blasphemy. As if changes would hurt.

From what I've heard, GNR was actually regarded as the parody of the then "old wave", doing recycled rock, when the band just made the major debut. JFYI.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: