Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - the band
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - the band  (Read 2404 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« on: March 10, 2006, 10:38:30 AM »

One thing that I would like to know (seems Mysteron is guy to ask  Smiley) and see some discussion is about Guns N' Roses as THE BAND. As I said in another topic I still believe that Guns N' Roses is THE BAND. If I have listened to all the leaks I would say that every single member had some, if not big, input in creating the music. I don't think it is Axl Rose and the band, but Guns N' Roses as the band.

The direct question for the Mysteron, if You don't mind answering, is: Are the band members allowed to talk about Guns N' Roses or Mr. Merck and Mr. Rose (through his lawyer) are the only channel for official communication? If so, when will other band members be able to talk about Guns N' Roses and they role in CD creation?

The main reason I am asking is because I would really like to hear an 'official' reaction from the band members on Scotts insults (which are not only insulting Mr. Rose, but also Guns N' Roses as the band) and also about some other criticism about how they are only 'hired' musicians for Mr. Rose project.

Also I would like to know if there will be a new Guns N' Roses BAND dedicated website once things start rolling or we will have to be happy with old site with some news. I think (and I said it before) The Spiral from NIN is a great way to treat fans.

Thank you for reading!

vee

PS. I know how you people like noobs creating new topics. Sorry   Tongue
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 10:59:59 AM by vee » Logged
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 10:48:04 AM »

don't delete the thread.  there is no reason to. 

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 10:49:24 AM »

No, there is no thing as NuGnr.
It?s Guns n Roses. Is it too hard to understand, that some players did not qualify to fit in the team?

Keep this thread alive and kicking, please... Roll Eyes
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 10:50:10 AM »

I am using NuGNR just for the reason I think it sounds cool... Of course it is GNR. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Also what do you mean by '... some players did not qualify to fit in the team' ? Thanks.

vee
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 10:56:44 AM by vee » Logged
Mat
Rocker

GNR will rock the world in 2006!

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 10:56:05 AM »

I hate "NuGNR" being written. It's spelled "Guns N' Roses", or else it's like name calling.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 10:58:29 AM »

OK. I will change it to Guns N' Roses... I just hope to get some answers about Guns N' Roses as the band... not the prefered name Smiley.

vee
Nevesis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 11:12:30 AM »

NuGNR Wink
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 01:15:36 PM »

best for this topic to rest in peace... no comments... no Mysteron...  Embarrassed  Kiss

vee
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 01:17:43 PM »

NuGNR Wink

ah so, New Urban GNR, right? rofl

mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 01:51:04 PM »

it's ofcource Guns N' Roses, but by saying NuGNR it means 2000 -> now Era and not the old era...

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
CocaineTongue22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 02:07:41 PM »

On a positive note, I look forward to seeing Finck N Fortus on the cover of Guitar Magazine talking about the CD sessions, or Tommy in Spin; just so they can be seen as Guns N Roses, the band. This silence, whether its because of confidentiality agreements or not, reinforces the idea that they are just hired sessions musicians. That and a full length tour and videos will solidify their image. And given the quality of what we have already heard, they are by NO means "just a replacement act". They're for real.

Peace
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 02:12:07 PM »

On a positive note, I look forward to seeing Finck N Fortus on the cover of Guitar Magazine talking about the CD sessions, or Tommy in Spin; just so they can be seen as Guns N Roses, the band. This silence, whether its because of confidentiality agreements or not, reinforces the idea that they are just hired sessions musicians. That and a full length tour and videos will solidify their image. And given the quality of what we have already heard, they are by NO means "just a replacement act". They're for real.

Peace

That are exactly my thoughts... That is why I hoped someone aka. Mysteron would be able to give us a hint when Guns N' Roses will be a band and when band members will be able to officially comment  Roll Eyes...

vee
BingenPurge
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 03:22:51 PM »

I do not understand why in the world everyone keeps calling it 'Axl's project' now, like it is a bad thing, while thinking that the old band was some sort of situation where Axl stood by while everyone else wrote everything. I would think that the 3 and a half albums of material that came out of the old line up was a combination of everyone in the band because Slash's projects to date, SP and VR, have not had the kind of musical genius we here on AFD or UYI.

If anything we have a situation where Axl's vocals launched the material to new heights that they would not have met otherwise, and it is the same situation with the new band. Remember, Axl could sing something as stupid as "The wheels on the bus" and make it sound pretty good. Most singers can not do that.

As with the question about how the new musicians feel about all of this, I would assume they are pretty pissed off. If you listen to what we have demo wise only CITR sounds like a totally Axl driven song, just like NR and Estranged where. IRS sounds like a combination of a newer style of rock mixed with the late 80's, while TWAT and Better have a bunch of new types of sound that seem foriegn to what Axl has shown us in the past.

I would assume the instrumental part is what the newer band has the most influence on while Axl sort of sends them in the direction he thinks they should go with the song. Gee that sounds familier doesn't it? Wink

So yeah, "Nu GNR" is going to be the same damn thing as GNR used to be, with Axl multiplying the potential of the songs with incredible vocals and creativity. The new band obviously is in a better position to ride out Axl's vision, just like the old band did back in the day.

Just an off topic thought: I wonder if Slash and co. could be labled "stale GNR" because that is exactly what I hear when I listen to VR. Good songs but nothing that anyone will care about in 20 years.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 03:26:25 PM »

I wouldn't feel right being part of a band where I wasn't allowed to say anything.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: