Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:00:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 146287 times)
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #1080 on: February 28, 2007, 11:36:28 AM »

After all, his statement did say " utterly insane thing to do to the fans " in regards to the " non-info" out there. He also blasted the decision to tour and complete the record. I just can't see him agreeing to do this tour that starts soon, unless that album is imminent. How the hell could he justify calling another tour the Chinese democracy tour and go around playing songs from 20 years ago...again?HuhHuh

This time I think there's a plan and we will be told of it.

but you may not like the plan, which could just be, lets go tour to other countries we didn't reach in 2006, as the CD is not yet ready (for whatever reason(s))
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1081 on: February 28, 2007, 11:37:35 AM »

I hope so... .
I think the deadline is marked for the first date of the the world tour:the last thing i want is to hear the same setlist the held durin' 2002-2006.
If Axl continues playin' old stuff,even if damn good, he'll destroy the band and also die-hard fans will start loosin' faith in him.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1082 on: February 28, 2007, 11:46:10 AM »

I hope so... .
I think the deadline is marked for the first date of the the world tour:the last thing i want is to hear the same setlist the held durin' 2002-2006.
If Axl continues playin' old stuff,even if damn good, he'll destroy the band and also die-hard fans will start loosin' faith in him.

The tour is for fans in countries who havent seen the new band for years or EVER!! They will use last years setlist, and the album will come out after they've finished that particular leg of the tour. I bet 90% of people going to see these shows are going to hear the old songs as much/if not more....... as any new songs.

The album will be released in line with a tour starting in Europe/NA and then we will hear the new setlists.

Just my opinon of course ............  Wink
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #1083 on: February 28, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »

I hope so... .

The tour is for fans in countries who havent seen the new band for years or EVER!! They will use last years setlist, and the album will come out after they've finished that particular leg of the tour.

The album will be released in line with a tour starting in Europe/NA and then we will hear the new setlists.

Just my opinon of course ............ Wink

I think that is a very strong possibility - there is a chance they may try out one or two unheard tracks to see audience response, or maybe a newly worked Rhiad for example.....?
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1084 on: February 28, 2007, 11:58:16 AM »

I agree

I think he'll drop a couple of Appetite songs in favor of a couple of new tracks too

BUT , if the album breaks before the tour ( it better) , then he should play Democracy songs with a few classics mixed in - not the other way around
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1085 on: February 28, 2007, 12:03:51 PM »

I think he'll drop a couple of Appetite songs in favor of a couple of new tracks too

I really hope he gets rid of My Michelle AND stops bringing Baz onstage to sing it with him.  rant  yes

I like Baz and everything but really, c'mon, does he have to sing this song with the fucking guy every fucking night or what?  confused

It was cool the first time around. Anything after that and it's not new anymore.  Roll Eyes
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1086 on: February 28, 2007, 12:08:20 PM »

I really hope he gets rid of My Michelle AND stops bringing Baz onstage to sing it with him.  rant  yes

I like Baz and everything but really, c'mon, does he have to sing this song with the fucking guy every fucking night or what?  confused

It was cool the first time around. Anything after that and it's not new anymore.  Roll Eyes

so how often did you see axl perform my michelle with baz last year??

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #1087 on: February 28, 2007, 12:10:10 PM »

I really hope he gets rid of My Michelle AND stops bringing Baz onstage to sing it with him.? rant? yes

I like Baz and everything but really, c'mon, does he have to sing this song with the fucking guy every fucking night or what?? confused

It was cool the first time around. Anything after that and it's not new anymore.? Roll Eyes

erm...so if something is done more than once it isnt new and therefore shouldnt be done?

you heard it here first folks, gnr should stop tourin, unless they change something about every song in the setlist every night. only kiddin  hihi

I would'nt do that if I were you.
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1088 on: February 28, 2007, 12:11:45 PM »

I hope so... .

The tour is for fans in countries who havent seen the new band for years or EVER!! They will use last years setlist, and the album will come out after they've finished that particular leg of the tour. I bet 90% of people going to see these shows are going to hear the old songs as much/if not more....... as any new songs.

Just my opinon of course ............? Wink
Yeah man.. but try to assume a different point of view : musician's point of view....
Would you be happy about playin' the same songs over and over again without the possibility to show how you've worked hard for the last ten year and so play new material?

In my opinion it's a very frustrating thing for a band.....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1089 on: February 28, 2007, 12:15:05 PM »

what instrument you play? Tongue

as to baz....A guest appearance that comes out everynight isnt really a guest....more of a staple....anyway if the band wants to play with baz everyday on that tune...who are we to say otherwise....like warose said some people prolly liked it at every city they played in with him....

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #1090 on: February 28, 2007, 12:18:15 PM »

I hope so... .

Just my opinon of course ............? Wink
Yeah man.. but try to assume a different point of view : musician's point of view....
Would you be happy about playin' the same songs over and over again without the possibility to show how you've worked hard for the last ten year and so play new material?

i agree. and i think theyll get more n more frustrated the longer they stay as a glorified covers band, and, worse than that, the longer they go without releasing an album.

ok, to be fair they are platin new songs, and i dont believe they'll change what theyre playin that much even after the albums released - 6/7 new songs tops, with perhaps more regular subtle changes - a blues here, a twat there, a cover there. if we're lucky, a song by a diferent bandmember perhaps. but the spirit of my 1st 2 lines still holds.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1091 on: February 28, 2007, 12:18:54 PM »

what instrument you play? Tongue

as to baz....A guest appearance that comes out everynight isnt really a guest....more of a staple....anyway if the band wants to play with baz everyday on that tune...who are we to say otherwise....like warose said some people prolly liked it at every city they played in with him....

Ok man i play guitar and piano ... but that doesn't matter

Assume you fuck everyday .... mmh Pamela Anderson,or a chick you like best, i assure you u could get tired of it or, at least u get used to ....
This is what happens when the setList remains tje same ....

the band loose energy !!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1092 on: February 28, 2007, 12:22:34 PM »

i was saying you dont know how tha bnad feels on the subject ...smartypants

anyway they play in new citys and/or countries everyday....its a 2-2 1/2 show....i'm sure they are/were having a blast while on tour..otherwise they wouldnt be doing it Wink

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1093 on: February 28, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »

so how often did you see axl perform my michelle with baz last year??

Once in Toronto and also on every audio/video bootleg I've managed to get my hands on and I'll have to mention YouTube as well.

So, in answer to your question, LOTS of times. ?yes ?ok ?beer ?peace

Why? What's your point man? Huh?

A 'Special' guest is supposed to be special. That means once in a blue moon. Not every night. ?no ?confused
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #1094 on: February 28, 2007, 12:44:39 PM »

I think this time out there will be the enevitable " This is from the new album, its called..... cue maddy,cd,the blues, better or irs." on this leg of the Chinese Democracy tour.  With the album about to drop, this can be called the CD tour, as has been the case since 2002, (when new music was heard)

Not fact but an opinion

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: