Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:40:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 146295 times)
dallasgel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 11:46:23 PM »

Wow, it is amazing to finally hear some firm details from the man himself. ?The whole comments about "13 Tuesdays left" seemed absurd and Axl has finally confirmed that Merck didn't know what he was talking about or was lying. ?MARCH 6th!!!!!! ?Finally!!
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 11:46:35 PM »

"and video plans that played hell on all involved especially our crew"

there already in the process of shooting a video that sounds cool too

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 11:47:21 PM »

MERCK FIRED

Tenative release date

fuckin' wow

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 11:48:37 PM »

Thank god they aren't cancelling ALL of the tour dates, and the rest of the CA dates are going as planned. ?After the Fresno show was cancelled i kinda expected the Jan. shows to be cancelled a well, i'm not sure why, i was just thinking about it earlier today. ?If you were going to one of the cancelled shows just think of it this way - this will give them more of a chance to put plans in order for an album release.

But if you think about it, the way the tour was scheduled was not good at all in terms of where they went in which order.

And also, this is the first time we've gotten a concrete date from management or the band or anything.

Just have hope, people.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 11:48:42 PM »

Slash was right....he was just off by one year!  Grin

Thank you so much Axl!  This is the best news ever!  It sure beats that 13 Tuesday's baloney!  I hope you can find a good manager, if you ever hire one again.

Looking forward to seeing you here in The City of Angels, and listening to the album!

God bless you Axl, we appreciate all the hard work you and the guys have put into the record!
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 11:49:28 PM »

Man! I was just talking to a good friend of mine tonight about how long we'd been waiting for this album and how it could still come out this year, blah blah blah. In 6th grade, we said "Chinese Democracy will definitely be out by the time we graduate". Looks like it will be!

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!!

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 11:49:35 PM »

let us hope this the date of March 6th stays

we have our hope still, and our dignity..

T.T.
?.?.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 11:49:44 PM »

I just want to say a big "thank you" to Axl...I feel a sense of relief knowing more and I wish you good luck and all the best in what you are doing! ?GUNS N' ROSES RULE!!!!!! ?peace

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Psychophobia
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 11:49:51 PM »

Interesting. Pity that the 'last tuesday in December' rumour won't be coming true, but after 13 years, what's another 3 months?

Too bad the tour has to be cut short, the band was really kicking ass and taking names this time around. I'm glad that Axl finally made a definate statement about the situation though. Not a lot of detail, but we've finally, at long last got an official release date.

It'll be interesting to see if Merck has anything to add about this turn of events.

EstrangedReality
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 11:50:08 PM »

My faith in Axl Rose is restored.

And now we know why he's been so quiet over the years, and so tense during recent shows, and why he seemed to distance himself from Merck in regards to statements on the album's release.

Axl's the man again.

Fuck off, Merck!  ok

(Hopefully that won't be taken as an insult...but I'm damn glad Merck is out of the picture. Sorry if that upsets anyone but I am ecstatic right now!)
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2006, 11:50:35 PM »

Wholy shit! What a well written letter. Finally something from the man himself. In the words of ACDC have a drink on me! beer

There's a lot goin on here.....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2006, 11:50:55 PM »

What a great letter.

My favorite quote:

"One can easily point to how others have done things or how they themselves feel that they would were they in the same situations but without full knowledge of the various dynamics and circumstances involved, again these types of comments or commentary are uninformed, outside, generally useless and often hindering speculation."

I'm glad I had not bought my concert/ski/airline tickets to Reno yet!

slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2006, 11:51:02 PM »

this is it, from the horse's mouth, i'm not taking a break from the band, nor have i ever, i'm used to waiting, and i can't wait at the same time, hope it is march 6th, i think it is.

fuck ya

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2006, 11:51:33 PM »

How could we ever have doubted him!!! ?I can't fucking wait!!!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2006, 11:51:59 PM »

Did send that letter to webmasters? or is it to like a media outlet?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2006, 11:52:49 PM »

I'm sure this letter will spread like wildfire..I can't believe I can tell EVERYONE march 6 will be the release date holy shit!!
Crossbearer
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2006, 11:53:22 PM »

OK...be honest...

Did anyone else tear up just a little when you got to the end? ?I did. ?

Why?

Because it seems like for the first time, there are GENUINE thoughts and concerns expressed DIRECTLY AT US from Axl.

Do I believe Axl himself wrote this? ?Of course not...I'm sure his team of spin doctors and maybe even Del James punched it up a bit...but it IS signed by Axl, so I believe these words are expressing his true sentiments, and for once, I appreciate the way he laid out so honestly. ?

(Just the end bit though...I hardly believe Merck was behind everything bad, just like Buckethead, Slash, etc)

But go back and re-read the APOLOGY and his GRATITUDE to the TRUE FANS...and his appreciation of our support and patience. ?I think after all this time he really realizes it's the people on this board and others that have truly been behind him all this time, and always will be.

It's really nice hearing that from him.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006, 11:53:36 PM »

I'm sure this letter will spread like wildfire..I can't believe I can tell EVERYONE march 6 will be the release date holy shit!!

Tentative date..............
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2006, 11:54:17 PM »

wow this is crazy, so all those axl dissers can go screw themselves because he was probably fighting this for a long time.

This was compounded by an overall sense of a lack of respect by management for the band and crew and each individual?s particular expertise that has resulted unfortunately in the end of both Guns and my relationship in having a management or sense of band involvement with Merck Mercuriadis.

im still confused though, he is saying that lack of respect by management has ended both Guns?  im pretty sure thats not the reason why the original guns broke up and i dont think the new guns are breaking up, maybe i dont understand the sentence and someone will explain?  confused
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 11:54:29 PM »

wow, a well written, lucid responce to ALL of us, something we have been waiting for months if not years for!!

HERE HERE to Axl Rose!! ?beer

Now, i am 99% sure Merck is OUT, and thank god for that, no band should be run the way this one was ran, almost as if done with blindfolds or something. ?I appreciate the fact they went on tour with pretty much all this uncertainty out there, its more than appreciated and the fact that we actually now have Axl himself giving out a date, tentative or otherwise speaks volumes!

Kick ass!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: