Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:12:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  America are gun nuts pt 2
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: America are gun nuts pt 2  (Read 13739 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« on: May 13, 2005, 11:23:27 PM »

so what do ya reckon??

lets talk about this seriously then, i think you mods can hack it without a pathetic thread lock Huh
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 11:25:46 PM by n6o6t6n6i6l6c - UNDERBELLY » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
GnRNightrain
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 12:01:20 AM »

Jarmo must be in a good mood.  How you havent been banned from the board is beyond me.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 12:04:53 AM »

are you able to talk about this seriously? rationally? As a proud Canadian who did live in the U.S for 5 years, I had my eyes opened...people in the U.S are just culturally different, just as in other parts of the world. Firearms are just part of their culture realistically speaking...isn't it Texas that a 12 yr old boy has a 'right of passage' of sorts to go hunting with his father and other male relatives...not to mention as a U.S. citizen, they have a right to bear arms to protect family and property? Since the beginning of the "Colonies" ?firearms have always and forever been part of their lives...it is simple. Good Lord...what next? Canadians have the reputation of being 'too kind' ?'too polite' are we the 'rollovers' of the world? ?Roll Eyes if a 'product' (being guns) are readily available anywhere in the world, people are going to aquire them for better of for worse...this is NOT a U.S. problem...wake up and read the world news....believe me...anything is News sometimes in the U.S or any country for that matter..stayed tuned...someone farted in Washington on Thursday and he didn't have a gun...forgive the sarcasm but I cannot see how you can be so damn narrow-minded. Stop pissing me off with your stupidity.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 12:24:34 AM »

watch "Bowling for Columbine"

it explains Amarica and thier fasination with guns

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 02:23:18 AM »

This will probably get locked again.

But I think there is too much money (read NRA) pumped into our pukes in D.C. to ever get a hold of this realistically.

And I should point out that I never argued people's "right to bear arms" but rather the fact that it is taken out of context and NOT FULLY QUOTED on purpose. Seemed like people were taking only half of what I was saying and attacking that. Which makes sense since they would use half a quote in support of guns anyway. Roll Eyes

What does this mean to you?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Think of when it was written and what it meant then. At that time "arms" included muzzle-loaded muskets, swords, knives, bows with arrows, and spears. Not assault weapons (Bush lifted the ban on these weapons -NRA is a big backer for Bush obviously).

A regulated Militia....

An armed citizenry, at the time considered essential to ward off tryanny or government interference. To defend the state and aid the Army. The Militias died off a little after the civil war.

Only place you are going to see a regulated Milita these days is up in Montana, or Idaho. The nutjobs up there who think there is a government conspiracy against their way off life; and they'll be ready for it when "it" happens.

I'd like to see the stats of people actually using a gun to protect themselves in their own home. Compared to the accidents and school shootings that happen because the eaze of gun access in this country. Most guns are stolen from suburban homes and taken back into the inner city where they are sold/used to commit crimes as well.

It's the dipshits who cling to their misunderstood "2cd Ammendment right", living in a gated community, driving a gas hog SUVs, with their American flag magnet on the back of it (which is made in China), who love guns in this country. Those who live by fear, go out and buy guns "for protection" in this country.

This is a fear based country. Fear drives people to do many different things, not limited to, owning a gun.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 02:46:16 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 04:02:06 AM »

were getting somwhere now, this is good!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 05:51:02 AM »

Jarmo must be in a good mood.? How you havent been banned from the board is beyond me.

Constant personal attacks and continuing a topic that was just locked, the guy would've been long gone pretty much anywhere else.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 05:51:55 AM »

As America is the most hated country on this earth, and will be invaded one day i say never disarm the american population. A disarmed population is a helpless population. No invading army can defeat a nation if the people of that nation are well armed and want to fight for freedom. Screw the anti-gun lobby.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 06:03:29 AM »

As an aside, deer tastes better than any factory farmed meat. Anti-gun fanatics ought to go hunting, that would quickly change their minds!  beer
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 08:04:08 AM »

lets talk about this seriously then, i think you mods can hack it without a pathetic thread lock Huh

Last time it was locked because of you.

Keep that in mind.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 08:05:45 AM »

Why is this rubbish not deleted immedietly? What is happening to this board, is it no longer possible to find a 'sensible thread'?

As America is the most hated country on this earth,

Is that:

Based on a survey conducted over the last 10 years by the UN?

Or is that ur opinion?

Because u dislike America doesn't mean much

and will be invade done day

By who? The USSR?

i say never disarm the american population. A disarmed population is a helpless population.

For fear of invasion. Got it. I must say its my no. 1 concern too.

I guess the last history book u read was published in 1902?

No invading army can defeat a nation if the people of that nation are well armed and want to fight for freedom.

*Shakes head*

This board has taken a nose dive of late, what has happened to people's common sense?

Screw the anti-gun lobby.

There u have it folks - we need guns to protect against invasion. That no 'significant' nation has invaded another 'significant' nation since 1945 is purely irrelvant

Matt88 - go have a lie down, don't drag the board even further down than Clintron and Horsey and that gang already have.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 08:14:43 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 08:26:52 AM »

even john kerry (the avid hunter that he is  rofl) preaches about the right to own guns. i guess he doesn't understand the constitution either.

the assault weapons ban was a joke. clinton created it to make all the scared (and uninformed, uneducated) libreals think he was doing something to protect them. it was worthless and did nothing to cut down on gun violence.

and it is a key reason the republicans control washington now. he created it in 1994. then the NRA made sure republicans took control of the house. it's been all downhill for the dems in washington ever since. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
November Rain 91
Headliner

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 09:30:38 AM »

It's the dipshits who cling to their misunderstood "2cd Ammendment right", living in a gated community, driving a gas hog SUVs, with their American flag magnet on the back of it (which is made in China), who love guns in this country. Those who live by fear, go out and buy guns "for protection" in this country.

This is a fear based country. Fear drives people to do many different things, not limited to, owning a gun.

That's a pretty ignorant statement, and I resent that. I know plenty of people who have bought guns, not on the basis of "fear." As someone said before, guns are used in hunting. There is also a little thing called target shooting. That's where people shoot at....guess what....targets. Not people. It's a hobby.? nervous nervous Now I know that it might sound impossible that there are people in this country who buy guns for these purposes, but let me assure you, it happens. yes Don't be so quick so label every person who owns a gun a crazy right wing nutjob who's afraid of the boogy man breaking into their house.

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2005, 10:12:08 AM »

Why is this rubbish not deleted immedietly? What is happening to this board, is it no longer possible to find a 'sensible thread'?

As America is the most hated country on this earth,

Is that:

Based on a survey conducted over the last 10 years by the UN?

Or is that ur opinion?

Because u dislike America doesn't mean much

and will be invade done day

By who? The USSR?

i say never disarm the american population. A disarmed population is a helpless population.

For fear of invasion. Got it. I must say its my no. 1 concern too.

I guess the last history book u read was published in 1902?

No invading army can defeat a nation if the people of that nation are well armed and want to fight for freedom.

*Shakes head*

This board has taken a nose dive of late, what has happened to people's common sense?

Screw the anti-gun lobby.

There u have it folks - we need guns to protect against invasion. That no 'significant' nation has invaded another 'significant' nation since 1945 is purely irrelvant

Matt88 - go have a lie down, don't drag the board even further down than Clintron and Horsey and that gang already have.

Ah blow urself smartarse keep ur own pigheaded opinions to myself. Because of an opinion i'm dragging the board down Roll Eyes Don't u ever fuckin make me think im draggin the htgth msg board down cos of 4 odd lines of my own opinion.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2005, 11:26:56 AM »

watch "Bowling for Columbine"

it explains Amarica and thier fasination with guns

I do not get how any person could take this man and his films serious...  he's taken you all for a trip and fatten his pocket at the same time
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 11:38:25 AM »

Ah blow urself smartarse keep ur own pigheaded opinions to myself.

U mean your self hihi rofl

Why would i need to keep my own opinions to myself if u do not do the same?

Pigheaded? I think sensible is the word your looking for. Read your original posts again - does that strike u as sensible, does it?

Because of an opinion i'm dragging the board down Roll Eyes

U are clearly shockingly ignorant and naive as to the current state of the world - such opinions hardly 'add' anything. We were trying to debate guns laws, maybe u missed that?

Don't u ever fuckin make me think im draggin the htgth msg board down cos of 4 odd lines of my own opinion.

Hey don't cry, its okay hihi

You are reducing the board to nonsensical ramblings

Some of us enjoy a spirited sensible conversation - the board has many intellects with intresting views, your views however are nonsense

If u post rubbish i'll post a reply, i don't believe the world should allow idiots to run free: the need for guns in America to protect against invasion, wonderful!

If u have a sensible opinion and i disgree thats great, but mouthing off about invasions in 2005 is frankly absurd, u know the History Channel? Well its not the same thing as CNN!

Anyway i have to go now, i fear the Russians are massing in the English Channel and need to arm myself rofl

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 01:17:17 PM »

As America is the most hated country on this earth, and will be invaded one day i say never disarm the american population. A disarmed population is a helpless population. No invading army can defeat a nation if the people of that nation are well armed and want to fight for freedom. Screw the anti-gun lobby.

Fear driven talk.....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2005, 01:19:27 PM »

the assault weapons ban was a joke. clinton created it to make all the scared (and uninformed, uneducated) libreals think he was doing something to protect them. it was worthless and did nothing to cut down on gun violence.

You still have not posted any data on this.

Where are the hard facts?

Bring 'em out.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 01:29:47 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 01:27:49 PM »

That's a pretty ignorant statement, and I resent that. I know plenty of people who have bought guns, not on the basis of "fear."

Nobody says they are scared. Turn on the TV and tell me it's not a never ending cycle of fear being broadcast all day long.

As someone said before, guns are used in hunting.

Yea, we all need assault weapons to take a deer down.

There is also a little thing called target shooting. That's where people shoot at....guess what....targets. Not people. It's a hobby.

I think anybody would have realized I was not referring to hunters or sportsman.

Don't be so quick so label every person who owns a gun a crazy right wing nutjob who's afraid of the boogy man breaking into their house.

I'm not. But in my personal experience I see little 5 foot women driving these suburban assault vehicles to the supermarket, then back behind their "safe" gated community, and to a home with a gun in it. You can't deny the psychology of these possessions Americans today seek out, including owning a gun. Big tough SUV, fortress entrance to where they live, a home with an alarm on during the day, and a gun by the bed.

You are going to tell me that as much as media influences this country as a nation, that none of our purchases and choices are driven by fear?

Why did people all of a sudden need SUVs in this country? You think it was the people who decided to buy 50k trucks that get 13 MPG? Or do you think that they were sold it? The main reason people buy this things are complete ego, the feeling of power, and the false feeling of being safer (which they are not). Same mindset that drives them (no pun intended) to buy a gun. Sound familar? Just like owning a gun: ego, feeling of power and false feeling of being safer.
GnRNightrain
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 02:38:51 PM »

This will probably get locked again.

But I think there is too much money (read NRA) pumped into our pukes in D.C. to ever get a hold of this realistically.

And I should point out that I never argued people's "right to bear arms" but rather the fact that it is taken out of context and NOT FULLY QUOTED on purpose. Seemed like people were taking only half of what I was saying and attacking that. Which makes sense since they would use half a quote in support of guns anyway. Roll Eyes

What does this mean to you?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Think of when it was written and what it meant then. At that time "arms" included muzzle-loaded muskets, swords, knives, bows with arrows, and spears. Not assault weapons (Bush lifted the ban on these weapons -NRA is a big backer for Bush obviously).

A regulated Militia....

An armed citizenry, at the time considered essential to ward off tryanny or government interference. To defend the state and aid the Army. The Militias died off a little after the civil war.

Only place you are going to see a regulated Milita these days is up in Montana, or Idaho. The nutjobs up there who think there is a government conspiracy against their way off life; and they'll be ready for it when "it" happens.

I'd like to see the stats of people actually using a gun to protect themselves in their own home. Compared to the accidents and school shootings that happen because the eaze of gun access in this country. Most guns are stolen from suburban homes and taken back into the inner city where they are sold/used to commit crimes as well.

Actually, most Constitutional scholars believe that the 2nd amendment was meant to be an individual right.  Here are some of the textual reasons why your reading is wrong:  The term "Militia" did not have the meaning back in 1787 that you and many of the proponents of your view give it.  The Virginia Bill of Rights, where the phrase was taken from, defined Militia as: "the body of the people, trained to arms."  Madison also took this interpretation in Federalist 46, in saying that it provide a readily defense of liberty against the standing army that the Constitution proposed.  Also, it is an odd place to find a provision about a guarantee for a militia in a list of individual rights.

Now Im not goint to argue that policy wise there should be an unfettered right to bear arms.  In fact, I think it should definately be regulated.  However, the meaning that liberals attach to the 2nd Amendment is completely wrong.  Instead of changing the meaning of the amendment (which is the usual approach to liberal change of the Constitution), they should try and change it by amendment.  Do it democratically instead of trying to argue that the Second Amendment doesnt mean what it actually says.  This is the problem with the judges on the far left, the create rights that they believe should exist in the Constitution, and they take out those that they dont believe should exist.  It is a rewriting of the Constitution.  Liberals make it sound like the Judiciary only promotes liberty and individual rights, however, they always ignore the rights that have been diminished and written out of the Constitution.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: