Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:15:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  America are gun nuts pt 2
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: America are gun nuts pt 2  (Read 13740 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2005, 06:34:16 PM »

Nut job

"Ha!  Now this is bullshit.  While I'm all for tough laws and zero tolerance, I'm aware that they don't "prevent" anything.  Have tough laws and zero tolerance stopped the drug problem or drunk driving?  No.  The same would apply to guns."

Ok simple logic.

A country like Australia have relativley tough gun laws compared to the US.

We have just as much (or close)  crime and just as many criminals as the USA per capita....so why is it that we have a MASSIVELY lower homicide rate via the way of GUNS per capita in comparison?HuhHuhHuh

I can give you figures if you need...but then deep down you know Im telling the truth, and deep down you know why also.....dont you??

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
sandman
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2005, 09:13:28 AM »

Nut job

"Ha!  Now this is bullshit.  While I'm all for tough laws and zero tolerance, I'm aware that they don't "prevent" anything.  Have tough laws and zero tolerance stopped the drug problem or drunk driving?  No.  The same would apply to guns."

Ok simple logic.

We have just as much (or close)  crime and just as many criminals as the USA per capita....so why is it that we have a MASSIVELY lower homicide rate via the way of GUNS per capita in comparison?HuhHuhHuh

I can give you figures if you need...but then deep down you know Im telling the truth, and deep down you know why also.....dont you??

again, you cannot compare two totally different cultures with different histories. the gun culture in the US is well rooted in our history. you cannot all of sudden just implement guns laws and expect them to work.

drugs are illegal here....you think that's working?  Roll Eyes

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jgfnsr
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2005, 08:01:26 PM »

Ok simple logic.

We have just as much (or close)? crime and just as many criminals as the USA per capita....so why is it that we have a MASSIVELY lower homicide rate via the way of GUNS per capita in comparison?HuhHuhHuh

Honestly, I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at here.

I don't deny for a second that, in many respects, the U.S. is the most violent nation in the world.

But, as I said before, the reasons for that are much more complex than how many guns there are floating around and what our laws are.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2005, 08:50:47 PM »

There's an Australian lady who is facing a life sentence or possibly death in Indonesia, because they found pot in her suitcase. I don't want America to turn into that kind of extreme society. 

Good that she is.

When in Rome, act as a roman. Who does this woman think she is, going to another country along with a substance that their laws deem forbidden.

Let me tell you, Indonesia has tough laws sure, but check out their crime rates concerning all crimes; very damn low. Because over there, it is a think of the society as a whole #1, and think of oneself after #2. But the thing is, when everyone thinks of their society as a whole first, it actually betters life for the individual. Quality of life there is very good.

In the states, it's me, me, me, end of story.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
journey
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2005, 09:26:34 PM »

There's an Australian lady who is facing a life sentence or possibly death in Indonesia, because they found pot in her suitcase. I don't want America to turn into that kind of extreme society.?

Good that she is.

When in Rome, act as a roman. Who does this woman think she is, going to another country along with a substance that their laws deem forbidden.

Let me tell you, Indonesia has tough laws sure, but check out their crime rates concerning all crimes; very damn low. Because over there, it is a think of the society as a whole #1, and think of oneself after #2. But the thing is, when everyone thinks of their society as a whole first, it actually betters life for the individual. Quality of life there is very good.

In the states, it's me, me, me, end of story.

She said she didn't know the customs regarding drugs.

If that were your sister would you feel the same way? Try looking at it like that. If you relate to someone it's harder to separate yourself from them.?

Third-World countries practice extreme methods. Hanging someone for using drugs is unholy. I don't want that poor lady to be executed over something like that. I understand wanting your country to be safe and moral, but it seems to me that certain officials try to play God, by taking lives and placing fear into the heart of the people.

The States may be very flawed, but at least we live as we want instead of how we're told. And as far as it being about me, me, me, life is about us (meaning everyone in the world). We're here to make our own decisions and find out what life is. We're not supposed to be ruthless dictators toward each other, but leaders, and there is a difference. Compassion must overrule pride. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 01:06:40 AM by journey » Logged
GnRNightrain
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2005, 11:16:56 AM »

I guess since SLC cant  back his arguments on this thread with arguments about Bush's failings in Iraq he chose not respond.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2005, 02:40:46 PM »

The most Stupid thing human beings ever created, besides human beings  hihi, are weapons, is the most ilogical, lack of intelligence kind of invent, I mean As I read before that is too ovbius to have a gun to kill a Deer, for Fuck sakes! Why you need to kill a deer??, People kill bulls with Spades and People call it sports! Fuck the toreros!, I dont agree with that, Whats this has to do with the topic??, well if we dont respect ourselfs as human beings, of course we dont respect other living creatures, at the end the world is a mass of confussion  Angry, and people doesnt Hate USA people hate the world and that's for sure!! Fucking lunatics!!  rant

No man can be my equal
GnRNightrain
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2005, 04:58:35 PM »

The most Stupid thing human beings ever created, besides human beings? hihi, are weapons, is the most ilogical, lack of intelligence kind of invent, I mean As I read before that is too ovbius to have a gun to kill a Deer, for Fuck sakes! Why you need to kill a deer??, People kill bulls with Spades and People call it sports! Fuck the toreros!, I dont agree with that, Whats this has to do with the topic??, well if we dont respect ourselfs as human beings, of course we dont respect other living creatures, at the end the world is a mass of confussion? Angry, and people doesnt Hate USA people hate the world and that's for sure!! Fucking lunatics!!? rant
Sorry, I couldnt follow any of that.? Maybe a little more use of the period, and a little less use of the comma.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 07:28:47 PM by GnRNightrain » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2005, 06:15:06 PM »

Weapons only made evil people more efficient.

Its in the makeup of human beings to be evil, look at Cain and Able.

Even if guns were never invented, people would still be chaotic and you will still have tons of attrocities.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2005, 11:58:03 AM »

The most Stupid thing human beings ever created, besides human beings? hihi, are weapons, is the most ilogical, lack of intelligence kind of invent, I mean As I read before that is too ovbius to have a gun to kill a Deer, for Fuck sakes! Why you need to kill a deer??. People kill bulls with Spades and People call it sports! Fuck the toreros!, I dont agree with that.
Whats this has to do with the topic??, well if we dont respect ourselfs as human beings, of course we dont respect other living creatures, at the end the world is a mass of confussion? Angry and people doesnt Hate USA people hate the world and that's for sure!! Fucking lunatics!!? rant
Sorry, I couldnt follow any of that.? Maybe a little more use of the period, and a little less use of the comma.
Yeah I agree, but shouldn't commas use to seprate sentences, also when you try to make an stament that is not supposed to be in the same topic as the original idea? I tried to make a correction look if thats understandable.  peace

No man can be my equal
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2005, 03:27:26 PM »

I got no place, no name, I'm just a killing machine
I kept the population down, if you know what I mean

Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: