Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Racism
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racism  (Read 7421 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« on: May 17, 2005, 07:03:07 PM »

Since You can discuss about everything here... I would like to know how much do you guys think GNR has influenced people or even "you"  but... in a wrong way... to be racists, to be  outta control, to drink, smoke  or if you have known any case of someone who actually committed suicide... cause I do...

Well in my case... Ive known about some girls in Argentina who committed suicide just because they werent able to go to a Guns N Roses Concert... wich their parents didnt let them the permission to go...

In my case I cant be racist.. cause Im latin hehe Smiley who can i discriminate, I think i dont have those feelings within me...

But I have smoked and drunk more than what I should... inspired by GNR...
well guys it would be nice if you'd share your opinions... be mature
journey
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 10:59:55 PM »

Since You can discuss about everything here... I would like to know how much do you guys think GNR has influenced people or even "you"? but... in a wrong way... to be racists, to be? outta control, to drink, smoke? or if you have known any case of someone who actually committed suicide... cause I do...

Well in my case... Ive known about some girls in Argentina who committed suicide just because they werent able to go to a Guns N Roses Concert... wich their parents didnt let them the permission to go...

In my case I cant be racist.. cause Im latin hehe Smiley who can i discriminate, I think i dont have those feelings within me...

It's ridiculous to place blame on a band. Racism was around way before GN'R. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

I really don't understand how you say you can't be racist, just because you're Latin. Please explain that to me. If you're not racist, then you're just not. Racism is ignorance, it's not subject to one set of people.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 11:38:13 PM »

I think a huge misconception is that only white people can be racist, that is simply not true.

I am a racist however, I fucking hate White People! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 02:42:42 AM »

you cant blame entertainment for the actions of people, its the parents job to make sure the kids turn out right and not that of entertainment. i hate it when people who make mistakes point at entertainment as the reason for their problems. i heard a great quote yesterday..."excuses are for the weak"

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 06:46:13 AM »

Since You can discuss about everything here... I would like to know how much do you guys think GNR has influenced people or even "you"? but... in a wrong way... to be racists,

Ohh cos they said 'immigrants' in one song - scandalous!? hihi Any one with an IQ over 15 was mature enough to let that one go, only some sex-starved journalists even cared. Also, why would that encourage any one to be racists? U don't suddenly turn on an ethnic group cos Axl told u too!

You ain't one of those people that plays songs backwards are u?

to be? outta control, to drink, smoke? or if you have known any case of someone who actually committed suicide... cause I do...

Oh c'mon

people would have drunk, smoke and killed themselves regardless of hearing GNR - no one was walking down the street heard Paradise City and decided to kill themselves - or maybe they thought it was that bad hihi

Well she was a fruitcake then - and her insanity has nothing to do with the bands image or lyrics

Yes.... confused

Yeah - i killed 19 people after listening to Used to love her? Undecided

Get real, if u have done anything soley because GNR did u are incredibly stupid, if u are so easily influenced by external stimulus then u need to learn either self control or your way to a psychiatrist

Done

People love to blame songs and bands for their own stupidity. Only you are responsible for your behaviour.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 06:48:58 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 07:47:46 AM »

I was terrified by a huge black man when i was little, because he was the one bringing me into operation room ( tonsils ?) but i am not racist.

I have almost any culture, religion and color in my family and i think it's one of our strenghs. I like it. I even have native americans, because my mum's cousin married a cherokee. I am glad we are so multicultural.

Nothing to say
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 08:24:12 AM »

[

Yeah - i killed 19 people after listening to Used to love her? Undecided

rofl

And I beat the old couple next door since I felt like they were out to get me!  ok

Seriously, yes, I am a racist, but it has nothing to do with skin colour, I just can't see why I should show respect or acceptanse to someone who don't even try to learn our language and fit in. And I know what I'm talking about since my sister taught them. And those backward ways how to treat a lady.

I don't like them to come over here in *my* country and live on hard-working tax-payers money and why should I?

But if they just try to get a job, then I have nothing against them. It's just the exploitation that pisses me off.

Yeah, it must be the Guns N Roses that gave me my oppinnions.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
GnRNightrain
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 09:18:09 AM »

Cant be racist because he is Latin?

For those that dont know, the lead Mexican organization in the US is called La Raza, which means "The Race"
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 09:21:38 AM »

For those who are racist, the new LA mayor is a hispanic and LA hadn't had a hispanic mayor in 133 years  beer :beer:enjoy your taxes.

Nothing to say
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 03:41:38 PM »

Hey guys,

Im not saying... Axl Rose created racism, or drug addiction or anything else.... What this thread is about... is to know... If Guns N Roses has inspired you to do that kind of things....
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 03:46:41 PM »

and by the way... It seems like this kinda statements pisses you off....

It wasnt my intention blaming Axl or the band... for causing murders... drug addiction or anything... I just wanted to know if anyone has ever been influenced by their lyrics to do something like that... cause people do...
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 03:50:55 PM »

Cant be racist because he is Latin?

For those that dont know, the lead Mexican organization in the US is called La Raza, which means "The Race"

well mister know it all.... La Raza actually means the Race... but  La Raza also means the people... as a synonimous.... its not racist
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 04:53:19 PM »

In my case I cant be racist.. cause Im latin

I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous statement.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 08:43:23 AM »

The only thing I'd like to say is that nowadays, in our modern societies (at least in Europe), racism come from the left. It's a new European phenomenon from the early 2000's, and maybe a new worldwide one.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 11:22:06 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 02:07:27 PM »

Well I think that sometimes when you feel influenced to do certain things just because you listen it on a song, means that you dont have a strong personality to make the things you want cause you either heard it or saw it somewhere, I'm one of those that when I hear I have feelings to go drink, kill or abuse  Undecided, but I know that its a flaw I should change cause is not good.  peace

No man can be my equal
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 03:01:53 PM »

...Carlos is trying to make a point but I think something may be lost in the translation

i think he means because he is latin that he isnt subject to the kind of scrutiny that blacks/whites endure with racism.  When racism is brought it it almost always tend to be a black/white thing doesnt it?...discrimination between any 2 races is obviously racism...

and besides he put a smiley beside it so it obviously wasnt meant to be taken as a fact

and i dont believe he is associating GNR as the cause of racism.  Maybe he believes that there are people here who may have acted in a racist way because they heard one in a million for instance...but then again noone herewould answer that question with a yes would they? so the question becomes rhetorical

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2005, 06:24:44 PM »

...Carlos is trying to make a point but I think something may be lost in the translation

i think he means because he is latin that he isnt subject to the kind of scrutiny that blacks/whites endure with racism.? When racism is brought it it almost always tend to be a black/white thing doesnt it?...discrimination between any 2 races is obviously racism...

and besides he put a smiley beside it so it obviously wasnt meant to be taken as a fact

and i dont believe he is associating GNR as the cause of racism.? Maybe he believes that there are people here who may have acted in a racist way because they heard one in a million for instance...but then again noone herewould answer that question with a yes would they? so the question becomes rhetorical

That is right... Im not trying to associate Racism or anything else with Gnr... But certainly they have influenced a lot of people to become racists .... even if it wasnt their intention...
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2005, 08:57:09 PM »

i wouldnt concider myself a rasist, but some people just push my limits.

Gangstas - Not only black people, but whites and some asians too. It just pisses me off how they think they're cool waring plumber's pants and waring shirts that fucking look like dresses. What have you got to rebel from here in Canada? We don't have and opressing police force and there is no way u guys are being threated unfairly.

Jews - When i say jews i mean one of two things: cheap people who pick up pennies and dimes off the ground and refuse to give u little change and the current isreali government. the cheap people i just view as cheap, but the government pisses me off because the have the world behind them and if anybody turns against them they use the same excuss "our people we slaughtered durring world war 2" to gain world sympathy, then they do whatever they want. What many people dont know is that more than twice as many russians dies durring world war 2 than jews. and last time i checked the jews didnt fight against the nazis.

try-hards - people that try too hard to be something they're not. i know this little bitch in my school who wants to be gothic so bad he goes around saying "my life sucks" when hes the most spoiled brat around. his parants bought him a guitar for cutting his hair. yeah, your life really sucks  Roll Eyes

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2005, 07:56:24 AM »

Racism springs from shit like Affirmative Action and other government ploys to keep us from the real issues, like taxes and war.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2005, 01:26:52 PM »

Racism is taught, I dont believe that people are born with hatred towards a certain religion, race, or skin color. Next time you are in any type of store watch the young children. No matter what skin color or ethnicity they are, they always want reach out to the other kids to play. Racism stems from ignorance. The mentality that someone is different so they are wrong and therefor bad and that ignorance is usually fed from our parents, political leaders, or religious leaders.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »