Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:54:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Morality
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morality  (Read 7686 times)
MCT
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 10:56:21 PM »

nice english lesson MCT!

U da Man!

No, Yoda man!

Now fuck off, before I kills ya wit a wiffle ball...whatever the fuck that is... hihi Grin Smiley Undecided Huh

... nervous...

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 11:37:21 PM »

Its a plastic baseball bat.

Its like women who have babies, most if not all experience a form of post partem *SP* depression.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 11:58:26 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005, 07:24:07 PM »

Morality is the guide of Human's existence. It's a moral contract between human beeings.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 07:30:37 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2005, 04:11:10 AM »

Morality is the guide of Human's existence. It's a moral contract between human beeings.

I thought that is what a wiffle ball bat was........

Now I'm confused..........
MCT
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 05:30:57 PM »

Its like women who have babies, most if not all experience a form of post partem *SP* depression.

Is that like when a doctor points to the legs of a woman in labor and says, "part 'em."

Huh
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 06:13:49 PM »

He should get a lawyer, rather than walking into an office and murdering everyone. And as you told the story, he didn't just snap. He had built-up frustration for awhile.

I understand that good people can have emotional breakdowns, I know I've had my share, but morality has always kept me from stepping over that line. I just think that the insanity plea is bogus. So many criminals are babied by the system. Morality and personal responsibility is put on the backburner, while excuses are handed out.

That's the key point with insanity, however... when you 'snap' and have an 'actual' breakdown, you no longer cognizant of what is right and wrong.  Of course... the right thing would be to get a lawyer... but, even as frustration builds, you don't necessarily realize that you are going to eventually snap.  You don't realize that you will eventually break down.  If breakdowns could be avoided... then, of course, there would be no need for the insanity plea. 

Journey, if you had a true 'emotional breakdown' and you were able to keep your sense of morality about you, it wasn't a true 'breakdown' of your sanity.  A true breakdown of sanity means that you no longer know the difference between what you should do and what you shouldn't do... you are no longer 'sane'. 

That does not mean that the insanity plea is not overused.  I think that the justice system in this nation (US) Is largely abused. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 06:19:24 PM »

Is that like when a doctor points to the legs of a woman in labor and says, "part 'em."

Huh

"Part 'em" is an actual medical term.  Tongue
journey
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 01:06:38 AM »

He should get a lawyer, rather than walking into an office and murdering everyone. And as you told the story, he didn't just snap. He had built-up frustration for awhile.

I understand that good people can have emotional breakdowns, I know I've had my share, but morality has always kept me from stepping over that line. I just think that the insanity plea is bogus. So many criminals are babied by the system. Morality and personal responsibility is put on the backburner, while excuses are handed out.

That's the key point with insanity, however... when you 'snap' and have an 'actual' breakdown, you no longer cognizant of what is right and wrong.? Of course... the right thing would be to get a lawyer... but, even as frustration builds, you don't necessarily realize that you are going to eventually snap.? You don't realize that you will eventually break down.? If breakdowns could be avoided... then, of course, there would be no need for the insanity plea.?

Journey, if you had a true 'emotional breakdown' and you were able to keep your sense of morality about you, it wasn't a true 'breakdown' of your sanity.? A true breakdown of sanity means that you no longer know the difference between what you should do and what you shouldn't do... you are no longer 'sane'.?

That makes sense. I just feel like people kind of erase responsibility when they take that route. If a guy knows he has a problem, whatever it may be, he should get help before he 'snaps' it onto someone else.
MCT
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2005, 11:30:08 AM »

Huh

"Part 'em" is an actual medical term.? Tongue

Medical term?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2005, 03:55:27 PM »

That makes sense. I just feel like people kind of erase responsibility when they take that route. If a guy knows he has a problem, whatever it may be, he should get help before he 'snaps' it onto someone else.

That would, of course, be ideal.   But, we don't always know when or if we are going to snap... that's kind of why it's called "snap" because its not something that we can predict... it happens... like a 'snap'. 

If we could predict when we are going to lose it, we wouldn't have the need for the insanity plea, nor would we need mental institutions or hospitals, or psychiatrists, or therapists...because we would have control of our mental facilities at all times.

Unfortunately, we can't predict these things.  So... we do need these institutions and people.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: