Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:54:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Who
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Who  (Read 25861 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2006, 11:45:16 AM »

This show kicked so much fuckin' ass last night!! Grin

'Was on the floor with my old man, maybe 15 heads back from the stage...

Just an insane show...truly insane.

Ive never heard a crowd so loud as they were after the conclusion of Baba O'Reiley beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 07:17:15 PM »

February 2007
23 - Reno, NV - Events Center
25 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center
26 - Long Beach, CA - Long Beach Arena
28 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Arena

March 2007
1 - San Diego, CA - ipayOne Center
5 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center
6 - Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse
8 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
9 - Atlantic City, NJ - The Borgata
11 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum
13 - Tampa, FL - Ford Amphitheater
17 - Mexico City, Mexico - Foro Sol

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 09:47:43 PM »

Veteran rockers Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey have tacked more dates onto the next leg of The Who's North American tour behind "Endless Wire," its first new album in nearly a quarter of a century.

The next round of shows launches Feb. 23 in Reno, and new shows in Little Rock, AR; Oklahoma City; and Hollywood, FL, extend the itinerary through late March. Details are included below.

Tickets for the three aforementioned new dates currently are on sale to members of the band's official fan club, and will hit the box office Friday (2/16) for the general public. Information about the pre-sale is available at the tour's official website

February 2007
23 - Reno, NV - Events Center
25 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center
26 - Long Beach, CA - Long Beach Arena
28 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Arena

March 2007
1 - San Diego, CA - ipayOne Center
5 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center
6 - Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse
8 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
9 - Atlantic City, NJ - The Borgata
11 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum
13 - Tampa, FL - Ford Amphitheater
17 - Mexico City, Mexico - Foro Sol
22 - Little Rock, AR - Alltel Arena (on sale 2/16)
23 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center (on sale 2/16)
26 - Hollywood, FL - Seminole Hard Rock Hotel (on sale 2/16)

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 01:30:44 PM »

Here

GeraldFord
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 01:59:03 PM »

I'm not a hard-core fan but I really like them. I really think that they are one of those bands that you really have to "get," like the Velvet Underground. I have Quadrophenia on now and think it's awesome. Any fans? What are your favorite albums?
VIP

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2007, 02:02:18 PM »

Tommy!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2007, 08:49:04 PM »

I'm not a hard-core fan but I really like them. I really think that they are one of those bands that you really have to "get," like the Velvet Underground. I have Quadrophenia on now and think it's awesome. Any fans? What are your favorite albums?

Aye. I 'got' them last summer. I went from casually knowing the collection to a hard-core in a few months. In a year, they've become my favourite band. Ever.

Quadrophenia is probably my favourite album. There is so much to relate to on that album, and it is a tribute to the quality of the album that it is still relative forty odd years on.

I actually got Who Came First, one of Townshend's solo albums, in the post today. I've given it a few spins and, so far, colour me very, very impressed.

Man, I love this band.

I also bought the Kids Are Alright and live at the Isle of Wight the other day. Woo! Oh, and I'm reading the Keith Moon biography Dear Boy.

Colour me obsessed.

For me, there is not a band, that I have ever heard, that comes close to touching the depth in quality that the Who had.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:09:56 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007, 08:24:10 AM »

"Who's Next" is a favourite of mine - with Baba O'Riley and Won't Get Fooled Again being standout songs. Love Reign O'er Me Forever!! ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »

It also features the best Entwistle song!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2007, 12:04:52 PM »

That would be - My Wife! Yep, The Who have given me hours and hours of listening pleasure. Townsend = musical genius.  beer

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2007, 04:37:39 AM »

i only heard quadrophinia, it was alright, but i thought they were ment to be aggressive n stuff, i was really hoping to hear that stuff by them, this albums more piano and stoner grooves.

html sucks
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2007, 05:24:37 AM »

Just listen to Won't Get Fooled Again - Loud! - set the volume to 11 - It will blow your ears! Remember, this is a band from the 60s......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2007, 06:27:41 PM »

"... and the moorals, that they wooorshhhipp,, will be gown!"

Man, what a fucking song!

ps: I can spell, truly!, it was just to make it more like the song!, so it be true.

Buddy, if you can't get into Quadrophenia, there may be little or no hope of saving your soul from damnation. Man, can't get enough of that:

"Dressed right, for a beach fight,
but I just can't explain,
why that un,certain feeling,
is still here, in my brain!"

Plus the movie is a fucking classic.

Another favourite of mine, and potentially the best closer to an album (well... it's this or Won't Get Fooled), We're not Gonna Take it!

(... never did and never will)

Just... try viewing the album in a modern context. Mods and rockers... Chavs and 'grungers' / rockers mean anything to you?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 06:29:23 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2007, 08:12:07 PM »

Daltrey: The Who Returning To Road In '08

Three months after the Who wrapped up a year-long tour, singer Roger Daltrey is chomping at the bit to return to the road, saying he hopes the band will visit Japan and Australia next year.

The British rock veterans last played those countries in 2004. It marked their first Australian tour in 36 years, and first time ever in Japan.

"I think we'll do some shows next year," Daltrey told Reuters. "We just finished 13 months of touring all over the States and Europe, and are probably due to go back to Japan and Australia next year. So we'll see what happens there."

Daltrey, 63, and guitarist/songwriter Pete Townshend, 62, are the last two surviving members of the foursome. The most recent trek coincided with the release of their first album in 25 years, "Endless Wire."

"We don't want to stop now," Daltrey said. "We don't want those long hiatuses that we used to have. We feel at this time of our lives it's too precious a thing to take liberties with time. When you're young, you've got that time. When you're old, you haven't. You should at least keep the ball rolling."

Daltrey said Townshend has been writing new material: "I've always felt -- after Pete had written (the 1969 album) 'Tommy' -- I always had a little thing inside me saying, 'He'll write his best work when he's an older man.' Pete has that kind of intellect."

In the meantime, the Who are preparing for the Nov. 6 release of the two-disc DVD "Amazing Journey: The Story of the Who," a documentary about their rise, fall and current resurrection. Daltrey participated fully in the project, but has no desire to watch the finished product.

"There's no point in me seeing it, I lived it," he said. "I'll watch me, I won't see the film. I'll watch me in the film, and I find that very uncomfortable."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2008, 03:58:02 PM »

VH1 Honors The Who

The Who will be the sole honoree at the third annual "VH1 Rock Honors," taping in Los Angeles July 12 at the Pauley Pavilion, and premiering on the cable television network July 17, according to a press release. This is the first time VH1 salutes just one band; last year's honorees included Genesis, Heart, Ozzy Osbourne and ZZ Top.

The Who will be celebrated with a two-hour tribute saluting the music and lasting impact of the band. The "Rock Honors" show will feature spoken tributes, filmed packages and performances by "some of today's premiere rock acts," as well as The Who, according to the release. Performers, presenters and special guests will be announced as they are confirmed.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2008, 12:35:34 AM »

Update

VH1 pays homage to legendary British rock band The Who in the network's third annual "VH1 Rock Honors". This will be the first "VH1 Rock Honors" that salutes just one band. Tune in Thursday, July 17 at 9pm on VH1 and watch performances from The Who and tribute bands Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters and The Flaming Lips. Become an Official Wholigan now! Tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the efforts of multiple charities including The Teenage Cancer Trust, the Double O Charity, VH1 Save The Music Foundation and select VHI Classic Rock Autism organizations.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/events/rock_honors/_2008/

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2008, 09:28:56 PM »

ANNOUNCING THE WHO TOUR - USA FALL 2008
The Who will be touring the USA this fall. The full tour is below.

Oct. 21 Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI
Oct. 22 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
Oct. 24 TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA
Oct. 26 Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, PA
Oct. 28 Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT
Oct. 29 Izod Center, East Rutherford, NJ
Oct. 31 The Borgata, Atlantic City, NJ
Nov. 3 Verizon Center, Washington, DC
Nov. 8 Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
Nov. 9 Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2009, 02:29:28 PM »

The Who Set to Rock Super Bowl Halftime Show

Posted on Nov 12th 2009

Another Super Bowl, another performance from a classic rock icon. Sports Illustrated is reporting this year's halftime spectacular will feature the Who. That's right -- Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend and company will provide the musical fireworks when the game hits Miami on Feb. 7.

Ever since the infamous Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake nipple fiasco in 2004, the NFL has gone with "veteran" acts and turned the reins over to one band or artist. Prior to that, there were often medleys and multiple acts, like No Doubt, Sting and Shania Twain in 2003 and the 2001 show that saw Aerosmith rocking 'Walk This Way' with Britney Spears and Timberlake.

The Who certainly fit the newer mold, proving worthy successors to the recent run of Paul McCartney (2005), the Rolling Stones (2006), Prince (2007), Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (2008) and this year's performance by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

http://www.spinner.com/2009/11/12/the-who-set-to-rock-super-bowl-halftime-show/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2009, 02:46:29 PM »

Very cool.

Baba O'Riley
Pinball Wizard
Bargain?

My guesses for what songs they might play.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2010, 08:26:19 PM »

The Who Set to Rock Super Bowl Halftime Show

Posted on Nov 12th 2009

Another Super Bowl, another performance from a classic rock icon. Sports Illustrated is reporting this year's halftime spectacular will feature the Who. That's right -- Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend and company will provide the musical fireworks when the game hits Miami on Feb. 7.

Ever since the infamous Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake nipple fiasco in 2004, the NFL has gone with "veteran" acts and turned the reins over to one band or artist. Prior to that, there were often medleys and multiple acts, like No Doubt, Sting and Shania Twain in 2003 and the 2001 show that saw Aerosmith rocking 'Walk This Way' with Britney Spears and Timberlake.

The Who certainly fit the newer mold, proving worthy successors to the recent run of Paul McCartney (2005), the Rolling Stones (2006), Prince (2007), Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (2008) and this year's performance by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

http://www.spinner.com/2009/11/12/the-who-set-to-rock-super-bowl-halftime-show/

I've seen better Super Bowl halftime performances. Undecided

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: