Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:14:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  2006 is the year of Rock! So many good albums on the way!!
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2006 is the year of Rock! So many good albums on the way!!  (Read 9274 times)
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« on: April 21, 2006, 09:20:34 PM »

I was just thinking before how bad 2005 was for music, not many of the bands I like released albums. However 2006 is looking good, below are some albums I can't wait for! If anyone needs to hear music from any of these releases PM me, I might be able to help as i've been searching the net high and low to hear stuff from these albums ok

1) Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy (Long overdue! But apparantly 2006 is the year!)

2) Army of Anyone - 'TBA'? (New band featuring the Deleo brothers from STP and Richard Patrick from Filter, album due in June)

3) The Panic Channel - (ONe) (New band featuring 3/4 of Janes Addiction and singer Steve Isaacs, album due this year, check out exclusive track 'Go On' available at www.thepanicchannel.com)

4) Mike Patton - Peeping Tom (Ex Faith No More frontman's solo album that's been 5 years in the making, due May 30th)

5) Velvet Revolver - Libertide (Due This summer)

6) Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam (Due May 2nd)

7) Black Light Burns - Cruel Melody (Wes Borland's new project, album is finished and due this year)

8 ) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium (Due May 9th)

9) Audioslave - Revalations (Due this June) (Thanks to metallex78 for the info)

10) Iron Maiden - 'TBA' (New album due this winter) (Thanks to Mr. Dick Purple for the info)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 10:20:33 PM by GNFNR_UK » Logged

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 10:01:59 PM »

1) Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy - YES, A HUGE RELEASE

2) Army of Anyone - 'TBA'? (New band featuring the Deleo brothers from STP and Richard Patrick from Filter, album due in June) - DOESN'T QUALIFY AS ROCK...I'D PUT IT IN THE CATEGORY OF GRUNGE

3) The Panic Channel - (ONe) (New band featuring 3/4 of Janes Addiction and singer Steve Isaacs, album due this year, check out exclusive track 'Go On' available at www.thepanicchannel.com) - NOT REALLY ROCK EITHER

4) Mike Patton - Peeping Tom (Ex Faith No More frontman's solo album that's been 5 years in the making, due May 30th) - AGAIN, NOT ROCK

5) Velvet Revolver - Libertide - CONSIDERING THEIR FIRST ALBUM WAS A GRUNGE ALBUM...I DON'T THINK THEY QUALIFY AS A ROCK BAND

6) Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam - PEARL JAM IS CONSIDERED A GRUNGE BAND, BUT THEY OFTEN PLAY LIKE A ROCK BAND

7) Black Light Burns - Cruel Melody (Wes Borland's new project, album is finished and due this year) - WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?

Cool Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium - BARELY FALLS INTO THE CATEGORY OF ROCK...DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT, BUT THEY DON'T REALLY SOUND LIKE ROCK MOST OF THE TIME
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 10:05:17 PM »

2) Army of Anyone - 'TBA'? (New band featuring the Deleo brothers from STP and Richard Patrick from Filter, album due in June) - DOESN'T QUALIFY AS ROCK...I'D PUT IT IN THE CATEGORY OF GRUNGE

3) The Panic Channel - (ONe) (New band featuring 3/4 of Janes Addiction and singer Steve Isaacs, album due this year, check out exclusive track 'Go On' available at www.thepanicchannel.com) - NOT REALLY ROCK EITHER

4) Mike Patton - Peeping Tom (Ex Faith No More frontman's solo album that's been 5 years in the making, due May 30th) - AGAIN, NOT ROCK

5) Velvet Revolver - Libertide - CONSIDERING THEIR FIRST ALBUM WAS A GRUNGE ALBUM...I DON'T THINK THEY QUALIFY AS A ROCK BAND

6) Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam - PEARL JAM IS CONSIDERED A GRUNGE BAND, BUT THEY OFTEN PLAY LIKE A ROCK BAND

7) Black Light Burns - Cruel Melody (Wes Borland's new project, album is finished and due this year) - WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?

Cool Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium - BARELY FALLS INTO THE CATEGORY OF ROCK...DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT, BUT THEY DON'T REALLY SOUND LIKE ROCK MOST OF THE TIME

LOL, so out of all those bands Guns are the only ones who qualify as a rock band??? Me thinks not!
Go over to www.thepanicchannel.com and listen to the song 'Go On' it rocks!!

Oh and 'Contraband' doesn't sound like 'Grunge' to me. What makes you say that? Is it cos Scott's singing and he's from STP who a lot of people considered grunge? (But I don't, their rock to me too)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 10:10:53 PM by GNFNR_UK » Logged

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 11:40:39 PM »

Mate, you need to broaden your musical horizons, "grunge" is just a stupid made-up word by the media to lump all those bands together when really they were just a new spin on rock n roll. And yes I'd consider all these upcoming releases "rock" ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 11:51:42 PM »

I'll add these to that list of rock albums to look forward to in 2006!

Audioslave: Revelations - Due out in June

The Screaming Jets - The band have been debuting their entire new, (as of yet untitled), unreleased album at recent shows in Australia and it sounds killer! Aussie rock at it's best. ok

The Butterfly Effect: IMAGO - Another great Australian band, currently working on their second album with producer Joe Barresi (Tool). Their first album was like a mix of Tool, Deftones and Perfect Circle and is one of the best debut albums I own. The second album is said to be even better!

Metallica - Currently working on their follow up to St Anger with producer Rick Rubin. Lars has said that they're back to working how they did previously to St Anger, where him & James would go through riff tapes to come up with songs. Apparently 6 songs are completed (without vocals) and the album is due out late this year or early next.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 11:58:20 PM by metallex78 » Logged

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 12:00:24 AM »

Mate, you need to broaden your musical horizons, "grunge" is just a stupid made-up word by the media to lump all those bands together when really they were just a new spin on rock n roll. And yes I'd consider all these upcoming releases "rock" ok

grunge is basically rock without the blues...you take away the blues and you're left with dull, depressing music with no melody.
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 12:02:33 AM »

LOL, so out of all those bands Guns are the only ones who qualify as a rock band??? Me thinks not!
Go over to www.thepanicchannel.com and listen to the song 'Go On' it rocks!!

Oh and 'Contraband' doesn't sound like 'Grunge' to me. What makes you say that? Is it cos Scott's singing and he's from STP who a lot of people considered grunge? (But I don't, their rock to me too)

some of contraband isn't grunge...but a lot of it is...weiland's not the best at writing melody...not much personality to his voice...too bland.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 12:07:26 AM »

grunge is basically rock without the blues...you take away the blues and you're left with dull, depressing music with no melody.

No, "grunge" is a stupid made-up word to label a bunch of bands that came from the Seattle music scene but aside from that, sound nothing alike. There are so many great rock bands out there, stop limiting yourself with labels, do yourself a favour and go find them ok

As for STP and Pearl Jam having no melody? You must be listening to different bands to me... confused

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 09:27:49 AM »

Metallica - New album is meant to have an old school flavour, i'll believe it when i see it, still if it does this album could be fantastic....
Monster Magnet - Stoner Rock Gods had a new album nearly finished before Wyndorf overdosed, still it should be out this year.....
Pearl Jam - Out soon (Already leaked...), Can't wait, i've loved pretty much all their stuff....
Roadstar - Formely Hurricane Party, only released an EP so far, great young rock act with obvious Aerosmith influences, seen 'em live 3 times this album should be great...
Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy?
Skid Row - New album, hopefully a tour, i am one of the fans on this new incarnation of the band, last album was damn solid, hopefully this will build on it......
Sebastian Bach - Former Skid Row frontman, who still maintains that wonderful voice should be getting an album out with his new band this year as well as the one he's in on that VH1 show....
Warrant - Good, solid album, nothing amazing but it's very enjoyable and 'safe'.  Only trouble with it is it sounds nothing like the Warrant we know and love....
Backyard Babies - People Like People Like People Like Us, already got this album, damn good effort not as good as previous albums IMHO, can't wait to see 'em at Download.....
Silvertide - Another fantastic newish band, loved Show & Tell and can't wait for the follow-up...
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 10:30:52 AM »

Ahem Iron Maiden is making a new album that's is gonna be realease this year  Roll Eyes

No man can be my equal
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 08:50:15 PM »

Backyard Babies - People Like People Like People Like Us, already got this album, damn good effort not as good as previous albums IMHO, can't wait to see 'em at Download.....

I didn't know that was released  Huh
And I didn't know that they are gonna play at download  drool
Come home to Sweden!
 Hmm..And I didn't knew they were that big in England (how about US?)
There is a lot of things I don't know..I have to sleep I think..good bye

shit happens when you party naked
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 10:11:46 PM »

I'll add these to that list of rock albums to look forward to in 2006!

Audioslave: Revelations - Due out in June

I wasn't aware Audioslave were releasing another album so soon after 'Out of Exile'. In that case consider that added to my list also!

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 10:13:31 PM »

Ahem Iron Maiden is making a new album that's is gonna be realease this year? Roll Eyes

Yes you're right, I only found out about that today (After I made the post). Apparantly it's due this winter and the guitar is said to be amazing (Hell, it's Maiden I wouldn't expect anything less!).

I look forward to this release also.  ok

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 11:01:37 PM »

and
AC/DC
Ozzy

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 02:03:52 AM »

The mighty TOOL are putting out an album too-   

DR. DRE is also supposed to put out his album this year too-  it aint rock but its still notable.
Gordi
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 10:01:06 AM »

I agree the rock is back this year. Wink

Dirty Pretty Things - Waterloo To Anywhere

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam

The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers

Neil Young - Living With War

The Vines - Vision Valley

Living Things - Ahead Of The Lions

Those are ones I'm enjoying/looking forward to.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 10:06:56 AM »

Tool - XMD

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 10:10:07 AM »

whats xmd nytunz?excuse my ignorance.

oh and dont forget the council first proper rock band in a long time.

http://www.myspace.com/councilband  plenty of freebies there if you havent had the pleasure yet.you wont be sorry if you are a true music fan.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 10:17:40 AM »

10) Iron Maiden - 'TBA' (New album due this winter) (Thanks to Mr. Dick Purple for the info)

Hell yeah, can't wait for that one!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 11:18:35 AM »

I didn't know that was released? Huh
And I didn't know that they are gonna play at download? drool
Come home to Sweden!
 Hmm..And I didn't knew they were that big in England (how about US?)
There is a lot of things I don't know..I have to sleep I think..good bye
There not that big over here.  That's why they are on the smallest stage at Download which is cool means less security, can get closer to the band and all.  I discovered them through this board actually, awesome band and this will be my first time seeing 'em....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 05:29:06 PM »

Metallica - New album is meant to have an old school flavour, i'll believe it when i see it, still if it does this album could be fantastic....
Monster Magnet - Stoner Rock Gods had a new album nearly finished before Wyndorf overdosed, still it should be out this year.....
Pearl Jam - Out soon (Already leaked...), Can't wait, i've loved pretty much all their stuff....
Roadstar - Formely Hurricane Party, only released an EP so far, great young rock act with obvious Aerosmith influences, seen 'em live 3 times this album should be great...
Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy?
Skid Row - New album, hopefully a tour, i am one of the fans on this new incarnation of the band, last album was damn solid, hopefully this will build on it......
Sebastian Bach - Former Skid Row frontman, who still maintains that wonderful voice should be getting an album out with his new band this year as well as the one he's in on that VH1 show....
Warrant - Good, solid album, nothing amazing but it's very enjoyable and 'safe'.  Only trouble with it is it sounds nothing like the Warrant we know and love....
Silvertide - Another fantastic newish band, loved Show & Tell and can't wait for the follow-up...

Roadstars album is out may and it can only be bought from there site over the net. due to record labels sucking ass and not signing them.

html sucks
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 08:02:01 PM »

This year really is the best year for music since the 91-95 era....

Every major band is pumping an album out of some sort this year... and that's sweet.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 09:46:25 PM »

Brand New Sin reissued debut CD
New Ozzy
New Metallica
BLS - Shot to Hell
Baz - Angel Down

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
da_pope
Banned
VIP

Your Daddy Works In Porno...

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 01:07:07 AM »

Best Album Released  So Far This Year:

"Fifteen" - Buckcherry.

Funny how there's more GN'R in Velvet Revolver then there is in Guns N' Roses.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 06:06:30 PM »

I agree as the best overall "album".

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 08:49:08 PM »

Gin Blossoms, Soul Asylum, Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver, Audioslave, Dashboard Confessional... a lot to come still....

Rock out! beer

But don't damn me
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 11:09:22 PM »

I thought they'd split up!  It's great that they've got a new album coming. Cheesy

Muse are releasing a new album this year, and I heard Blur are releasing a punk rock record sometime as well.  I can't wait for that - I think it's awesome that Damon's willing to try something a bit risky instead of sitting back on the Gorillaz like he could've done.  It's just a shame Graham's still being a nob about everything.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »

I remember reading an interview with Damon a month or two back, and he expressed his fears that Gorillaz may never be able to top Demon Days. And, he's got a point.   Undecided

But, a punk rock Blur record? Count me in.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2006, 03:08:35 PM »

If Graham goes back to Blur and they release a punk album, id buy it. Coxon makes some kickass music.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2006, 04:35:02 PM »

2) Army of Anyone - 'TBA'  (New band featuring the Deleo brothers from STP and Richard Patrick from Filter, album due in June) - DOESN'T QUALIFY AS ROCK...I'D PUT IT IN THE CATEGORY OF GRUNGE

err bollocks?

i find it funny how you say rock without blues is depressing when blues is a form of depressive music, obviously not as it went on and got mixed and so ever but the basis of it is.

so your telling me, that, any form of rock music that doesnt have blues, is grunge? i think someone needs to check there head.

html sucks
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2006, 05:27:21 PM »

Yeah, to qualify VR as "Grunge" is way off. How can you say Slash is a Grunge guitarist?? Grunge conisted of 4 chords & a distortion pedal, like Bush & Seven Mary Three.. (I named the crappy Grunge bands on purpose).

Back On Topic, in addition another heavyweight 90's band coming back is Smashing Pumpkins, I'm sure their not everyone's fav here but if Billy Corgan can ditch the goth sound and kick out some mean guitar like Siamese Dream I think we'll all be pretty syked.. Cool

Also, a new band worth checking out is Wolfmother.. Sounds ALOT like early 70's Zeppelin.? ok
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: