Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Blind Melon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blind Melon  (Read 41576 times)
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 10:24:20 AM »

My guess is that the release will coincide with the tenth anniversary of Shannon?s death(October 21st).

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

I don't know if soon is the word...(FYI, IT'S NOT)

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2005, 10:53:34 PM »

Forever Blind Melon - http://www.foreverblindmelon.com

Get a new server, the site is slow as shit! Kiss

Nah, its nice, great layout, and i will register henceforth!? Wink

Do you really think it's slow, or are you just fucking around as always? Wink Tongue

And you haven't registered yet. I'm so disappointed. But hey, I don't expect much from someone supporting Forest Wink

So I send this song to the offended...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 03:02:37 PM »

Forever Blind Melon - http://www.foreverblindmelon.com

Get a new server, the site is slow as shit! Kiss

Nah, its nice, great layout, and i will register henceforth!? Wink

Do you really think it's slow, or are you just fucking around as always? Wink Tongue

And you haven't registered yet. I'm so disappointed. But hey, I don't expect much from someone supporting Forest Wink

I'll be registered in a jiffy.
look out for Kiedis, he's gonna tear down the place!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Chief
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2005, 06:14:28 PM »

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000979164

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 10:52:29 PM »

naaaaw, Classic Masters was more than enough of a Best Of album, what I wanted now was a rarities/b-side album!
I probably have all the songs on this album, plus all the videos and live versions of No Rain on their previous DVD, Letters from a Porcupine.
Im gonna download that concert for sure though...I'll probably get the other stuff as well! Tongue Grin

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 01:53:32 AM »

Yeah, this is a bummer.  I thought it was supposed to be rare/unreleased stuff.  I can do with out another copy of No Rain!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 10:57:52 PM »

Yeah, this is a bummer.? I thought it was supposed to be rare/unreleased stuff.? I can do with out another copy of No Rain!

I hear ya man!
hope there will be some rarities released sometime in the future though!

hey, if you're looking for some rarities and DVD's, go check out dvd.blindmelon.com
I have bought the Woodstock 94 DVD and it's awesome! lots of extra stuff on it as well.
I ordered the I&I DVD a few days ago, can hardly wait to get it!

Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

I don't know if soon is the word...(FYI, IT'S NOT)

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2005, 12:05:54 AM »

BLIND MELON : 10th Anniversary of Shannon Hoon's Passing Commemorated With New Releases

July 11, 2005
To mark the 10th anniversary of the passing of Blind Melon's lead singer Shannon Hoon, age 28, from a drug overdose on October 21, 1995, the surviving band members and EMI Catalog Marketing will release the band's first ever "Best Of" collection and two never before released live concerts to properly anthologize the band's tragically short but influential musical career.

September 27 will see the releases of:

Tones Of Home: The Best Of Blind Melon
The band's first ever hits collection. It includes 19 studio and live tracks, including the band's #1 smash hit, "No Rain" and the Top 10 single "Galaxie" and their endearing version of "Three Is The Magic Number" from Schoolhouse Rock. A limited edition release will contain a bonus DVD with include a 6 videos including both the video and a live concert performance of "No Rain".

Blind Melon: Live At the Metro 9.27.95
The band's first-ever concert DVD features a full 19-song concert filmed on September 27, 1995 during the band's final tour. It also contains 3 bonus songs from an acoustic performance on Canada's Much Music TV.

Blind Melon: Live At the Palace 10.11.95
12 songs from their 3rd to their last concert and last professionally recorded concert will be made available only as a digital download.

Since Blind Melon's self-titled debut was released in 1992 with its now iconic "bee girl" cover art, the band has sold more than three million albums. Blind Melon personified the Modern Rock format of the early '90s, scoring genre-defining chart hits alongside their contemporaries, Soul Asylum and the Gin Blossoms. The chart-topping single "No Rain" became a phenomenon when coupled with the brilliant music video that launched a thousand Halloween "bee girl" costumes. To this day, the song receives recurrent radio spins, and was an integral music piece on the music-forward TV series, "The OC."

When Kurt Cobain died in 1994, Hoon recognized his own troubles and entered drug rehab, but upon his return to his rock star life, he fell back into his familiar drug use patterns. The follow up, Soup, was released in 1995. After a concert in Houston, TX on October 20, 1995 the band boarded the tour bus for an overnight drive to New Orleans, LA. Upon arriving, the rest of the band checked into their rooms and caught up on sleep, while Hoon opted to wander the city, later returning to his bunk on the bus. There he overdosed and died.

Without Shannon Hoon, the remaining members of Blind Melon decided it would be best to end the band, and all went on to pursue their own interests. In 1996, Capitol issued a CD of Blind Melon studio outtakes and rarities, Nico, and the Grammy?-nominated Letters From a Porcupine home video with live performances, interviews and the band's own home movies (an expanded DVD was issued in 2001).

Ten years later, the surviving members have all found successful lives doing what they love. Brad Smith and Christopher Thorn co-own and operate a recording studio in Los Angeles, Studio Wishbone (www.studiowishbone.com), where they record their own solo music and produce other artists' recordings, including Anna Nalick's Top 20 debut, Wreck Of The Day. Rogers Stevens is the guitarist for the Tender Trio, a new band with former Spacehog frontman Royston Langston, and Glen Graham has retired to North Carolina, where he has immersed himself in painting.

So I send this song to the offended...
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2005, 03:23:27 AM »

Very cool, I shall pick these up........I have all the other albums, what's one more? Plus, the DVD sounds cool.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Chief
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2005, 08:34:34 PM »

Releases!!!!!

http://www.capitolrecords.com/news/detail.aspx?newsId=6634

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2005, 06:07:03 PM »

yeah I know, cool stuff.
it annoys me when the people who write the articles write stuff like "the band has sold more than three million albums"...it just sounds so inaccurate and wrong when they have sold at least 5 million copies in USA alone...hell, their first album alone sold well over 4 million, and the following releases has sold a few hundred thousands each, and that's just in America.
they've probably sold 12 million worldwide.
just annoyed me cos it makes them sound smaller than what they are/were, and this sorta stuff happens all the time. with GN'R too.

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2005, 07:44:44 PM »

Very cool indeed!  yes

I don't know how many they sold - I feel like I'm the only person who liked them around me, unfortunately.  Undecided

Why don't you just....
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2005, 04:24:19 PM »

Very cool indeed!  yes

I don't know how many they sold - I feel like I'm the only person who liked them around me, unfortunately.  Undecided

see, those figures gives you a totally wrong perception.
that's whay I always try to correct them, but it would be a lot easier if the journalists would spend a few minutes and get the facts right themselves!

RichardNixon
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2005, 09:58:23 AM »

I really liked Blind Mellon. They're always gonna be an also-ran, which is sad.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2005, 04:30:48 AM »

Blind Melon to me sound a lot like The La's.  Each had a huge hit ("No Rain" by Blind Melon, "There She Goes" by The La's) where they had a lot of good, original elements, and a great personality as a band, but you only know the one song in each case.  I don't know of any other good Blind Melon songs, but if you guys could list your faves that would be really cool.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2005, 12:14:56 PM »

how about just picking up the Best Of album when it's released, Mattman.
(or if you're gonna be a bitch and download them, just look at the tracklisting for either that one or the Classic Masters album, hehe)

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2005, 03:15:42 PM »

Blind Melon to me sound a lot like The La's.? Each had a huge hit ("No Rain" by Blind Melon, "There She Goes" by The La's) where they had a lot of good, original elements, and a great personality as a band, but you only know the one song in each case.? I don't know of any other good Blind Melon songs, but if you guys could list your faves that would be really cool.

I recommend the first 2 albums, they are both fantastic front to back

specifically my favorite tunes from each are

Blind Melon:
1. Soak the Sin
2. Tones of Home
6. Change
7. No Rain
9. Sleepyhouse 
13. Time 

Soup:
1. Galaxie
4. Skinned 
8. Car Seat (God's Presents)  Listen Listen     
11. St. Andrew's Fall
13. Mouthful Of Cavities 
14. Lemonade

Nico is ok, but it's all rough cuz it's incomplete tracks that Shannon was working on before he died. It contains a really cool, trippy version of "No Rain".  that, the cover of "The Pusher" (orig by Steppenwolf) and "Life ain't so shitty" are my fav's from it.

Seriously though, Blinfd Melon kicks alot of ass. When they first came out i bought The self titled album and didn't really care for it, but 2 years ago My buddy turned me back on to them and I love them now!!!

Seriously you could probably find all 3 albums used for like $5 each, you won't be dissappointed.

hope that helps dude.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2005, 05:37:24 PM »

the only rough parts in 'Nico' is Shannon's vocals, and I think they sound fantastic!
the band re-recorded the music after he died, so there's nothing rough about it.

Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 11:44:48 AM »

i once saw them at 2 meter sessies (also have a cdr of it...still looking for the dvd *hint*hint*), is a tv program here in Holland, and that was just great...since then i only bought Soup which i think is a great album.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 12:19:39 PM »

well , i listened to them but i dont see what was so good bout them.

html sucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: