Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:04:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on GNR Reunion
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on GNR Reunion  (Read 45622 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2007, 08:47:08 PM »

Where did he insult you personally?

I dont know how this board is ruled. For example, I was the administrator of a very active 3000 people forum, and I always said that I DO NOT CARE if people insult me, as long as they do not insult any GNR member or the GNR name. Personal insults like ''fuck you'' are nothing compared to a couple of dudes saying constantly that this band is NOT Guns N' Roses, and they also invented a name for it. That's what I call a real insult, a fault that deserves at least a karma, and if it is constant like RockerGNR or the guy I insulted, well... that deserves a ban, because... what the fuck are you doing here, a Guns N' Roses message board, if you sistematically deny the glorious name of this band we all love and the forum is dedicated? for?

Now, just to give you a solid proof of what I'm saying, I will quote Jarmo, just a posts after my insult

Well I got news for you old chum: This is a Guns N' Roses message board and if you don't like it, fuck off.

Jarmo reacted practically the same as me, and trust me: I understand him. I am not an english speaking man, and maybe i do not notice the differences, but what is the big difference between ''fuck you'' and ''fuck off''? They're both rude replies, that are perfectly understandable reactions for a GNR fan that sees his favourite band being insulted that way.

The moderators should not take care (with the intensity you did) of some sporadic insults made by a GNR fan who is sick of the constant alteration of the band own name. Maybe they should take care of the people who register to this forum without being a Guns N' Roses fan.

Read the board rules,

"It's not cool to insult other members of this board! Posts that only attack another poster without any contribution to the discussion aren't allowed. Anyone consistently attacking other board members will be banned".

You even acknowledged you would be out of line with this little gem:

you know what is sad? if I just say ''fuck you'' to you, I would be the one with more negative karma or banned,?

You didn't get negative karma or a mention of banning, you merely got reprimanded with the same zeal you insulted the prior poster.

I could care less what section of what board this is, courtesy and respect should be at the forefront at all times.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2007, 10:53:21 PM »

You didn't get negative karma or a mention of banning, you merely got reprimanded with the same zeal you insulted the prior poster.

I could care less what section of what board this is, courtesy and respect should be at the forefront at all times.

You keep ignoring my point.

I know what the rules are, and If you put me negative karma I wasn't going to be surprised.

But you talk about courtesy and respect, and you only warn me, when you have a much bigger insult, that not only includes ONE person, but all the GNR fans. Let's see:

Basic Facts

Guns N Roses 1985- 1994

The Axl Rose Band  2001-onwards

This board is leaded by someone who DOES NOT THINK that Guns N' Roses died in 1994. In other words, this is a message board that believes that Guns N' Roses was born in 1985 and still doesnt have a decease date. Stating that the band we all love died in 1994 is an insult not only to the band, its also a collective insult to all the Guns N' Roses fans posting in this board. And that is not all: they invented a brand new name ''Axl Rose Band'' and they freely use it all over the board without being warned.

I am NOT discussing your warning to me, I am only saying that you should also warn the people that systematically insult the band. Anyone can make an sporadic insult to another member, and that is not a justificative to not to be warned. But you may realise that there are 5 or 6 people that have as the only purpose for being at this board insulting the band, its name, its decisions. My suggestion (and just that, a suggestion) is to pay more attention to these 5 or 6 people rather than in one single insult of a person who is a fan and supports the band. Nothing more.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:55:33 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2007, 12:25:23 AM »

No, I just don't think it's valid. 

We can't control/moderate peoples opinions on the band(s), they are what they are.

To consider someone's perception of the band as some sort of "mass insult" is just goofy.  The fact of the matter remains there are some that will never accept GNR in it's current form the same way some will never acknowledge the former members beyond their association with GNR.

It works both ways.

Don't take it so personal and ease off the "fuck you's" and your stay here will be much more pleasant.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
rmp472
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2007, 10:27:56 AM »

I don't see why it has to be so black and white for some people. I understand Gun n Roses still exists, but I think Slash and Izzy and Duff were all a big enough part of Guns n Roses that out of respect Axl should have changed the name. I can't wait to hear the new album when if comes out, but it won't be the same, many people will be wondering how much better the material could have been with Slash and the others involved.
I like Velvet Revolver, is it as good as original Guns n Roses, definitely not, but if they continue to make albums, and you take the best songs off all VR albums released from the beginning up to 13 years from when they first got together, and compare it to Chinese democracy, it would probably compare pretty well. Who knows, Chinese Democracy might be a masterpiece, but I for one will be listening to it thinking how Slash's riffs might have really made the songs that much better. Seriously, what they had back when the original band was together was amazing chemistry, and great music came from that. They are the reason everyone on both the latest G n R boards and the Velvet Revolver boards are here, not on some VR Stone Temple Pilots website. Since no music has officially been released by the latest members of G n R, hoe many people can be fans of only G n R as we know it today?

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2007, 02:38:23 PM »

No, I just don't think it's valid. 

We can't control/moderate peoples opinions on the band(s), they are what they are.

To consider someone's perception of the band as some sort of "mass insult" is just goofy.  The fact of the matter remains there are some that will never accept GNR in it's current form the same way some will never acknowledge the former members beyond their association with GNR.

It works both ways.

Don't take it so personal and ease off the "fuck you's" and your stay here will be much more pleasant.

Exactly the word "goofy" potrays what I always thought of that stupid thought. You hit the nail right on the head Falcon!  peace

slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2007, 12:19:45 AM »

i laugh everytime i come onto this board every1 gets so worked up its like we are all back in school argueing over nuthing, i enjoy all 3 bands GUNS N ROSES new and old , VELVET REVOLVER so i couldnt really care less of who thinks who is better. new guns n roses plays totally different music to velvet revolver so i dont kno why ppl compare
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2007, 01:11:32 PM »

i laugh everytime i come onto this board every1 gets so worked up its like we are all back in school argueing over nuthing, i enjoy all 3 bands GUNS N ROSES new and old , VELVET REVOLVER so i couldnt really care less of who thinks who is better. new guns n roses plays totally different music to velvet revolver so i dont kno why ppl compare

don't get me wrong the new "G'N'R" is ok but it lacks something from the original band,? the new band are talented musicians
but the band just isn't Guns N Roses at all, lt would be better if Axl would just name it soemthing else and leave
 Guns N Roses to rest in peace, but how can anybody call the new band G'N'R, some facts how it ain't G'N'R

Axl Rose- Original G'N'R frontman who went missin for half a decade trying to reinvent G'N'R
Robin Finck- A weirdo guitarist who wears girls clothes and lives on another planet
Tommy Stinson- A bassist who has motoring accidents down stairs and breaks his hand easily
Richard Fortus- An Izzy look-alike guitarsit
Bumblefoot- A guitarist with? a guitar on the shape of feet and and a bee
Chris Pittman- An orchestral keyboard player who can only play the creepy intro to WTTJ
Dizzy Reed- Old Pianist of G'N'R

l don't understand why people think this is G'N'R casue its not Roll Eyes

this is my opinion of the new band, l prefer the original, cause it was better than what it is now

oh and by the way estebanf where abouts in my post did l insult u Huh
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 01:16:18 PM by shaunbhoy » Logged

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2007, 01:16:30 PM »

i enjoy all 3 bands GUNS N ROSES new and old , VELVET REVOLVER

Yeah! I understand you! Same occurs to me with the James Hetfield bands. I enjoy all his 5 five bands:

Metallica (Ron McGovney)
New Metallica (Cliff Burton)
New New Metallica (with Mustaine)
New New New Metallica (without Mustaine, with Jason Newsted)
New New New New Metallica (with Trujillo)

But is very difficult to compare different bands with different albums like these! I want to compare  New New New Metallica's Black Album with New New New New Metallica ''St Anger'', but its senseless since they are different bands playing totally different styles (''The Unnamed Feeling'' doesnt sound like ''Sad But True'' and ''Frantic'' doesnt sound like ''The Unforgiven'', you know)

Please, dont forget to note the sarcasm...

Axl Rose- Original G'N'R frontman who went missin for half a decade trying to reinvent G'N'R
Robin Finck- A weirdo guitarist who wears girls clothes and lives on another planet
Tommy Stinson- A bassist who has motoring accidents down stairs and breaks his hand easily
Richard Fortus- An Izzy look-alike guitarsit
Bumblefoot- A guitarist with  a guitar on the shape of feet and and a bee
Chris Pittman- An orchestral keyboard player who can play the creepy intro to WTTJ
Dizzy Reed- Old Pianist of G'N'R

l don't understand why people think this is G'N'R casue its not

To consider someone's perception of the band as some sort of "mass insult" is just goofy.

yeah, sure.

slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2007, 10:23:35 PM »

dude u forgot the key element there james hetfield and lars ulrich pretty much write the music and lyrics for that band and they have always been there. so dont compare because its a totally different band and situation .if i recall AXL ROSE DID NOT WRITE ALL THE MUSIC IN GUNS N ROSES just mainly the lyrics which were great? so dude get over urself. axl wrote sum songs on the piano for the band which were great but not really suited for guns and sum mediocre rock songs (shotgun blues, dead horse) big fuken deal. please wen every1 remembers guns n roses they remember APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION where slash izzy and duff wrote the music probaly one of the greatest albums of all time not UYI 1 and 2 those albums were mediocre

just think this if AEROSMITH were to break up and only steve tyler were to continue on with a whole bunch of new players would u still call it aerosmith?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:30:20 PM by slashvr86 » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2007, 10:59:14 PM »

dude u forgot the key element there james hetfield and lars ulrich pretty much write the music and lyrics for that band and they have always been there. so dont compare because its a totally different band and situation .if i recall AXL ROSE DID NOT WRITE ALL THE MUSIC IN GUNS N ROSES just mainly the lyrics which were great  so dude get over urself.

Let's follow your inmature way of thinking for a bit.

QUESTION #1: Who is, historically, the main songwriter in Pink Floyd?
ANSWER #1: Roger Waters

QUESTION #2: What band did these albums?
* A Momentary Lapse of Reason
* The Division Bell

I'm waiting for your answer.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2007, 12:02:51 AM »

Get back on topic.

Now.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #251 on: May 04, 2007, 12:22:40 AM »

Yeah! I understand you! Same occurs to me with the James Hetfield bands. I enjoy all his 5 five bands:

Metallica (Ron McGovney)

Metallica on record have always had 3 original members - Kirk, James & Lars. They've only switched bass players twice, and one of those was because of death. It's hardly comparable to GN'R. Roll Eyes

Anyway, back on topic, I reckon it'd be cool to see a GN'R reunion in future, but after Axl has seen through his vision with the CD lineup.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #252 on: May 04, 2007, 08:59:09 AM »

im not even gonna bother just hitting a brick wall so wateva.
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #253 on: May 04, 2007, 01:22:35 PM »

Metallica (Ron McGovney)

Metallica on record have always had 3 original members - Kirk, James & Lars. They've only switched bass players twice, and one of those was because of death. It's hardly comparable to GN'R. Roll Eyes

Anyway, back on topic, I reckon it'd be cool to see a GN'R reunion in future, but after Axl has seen through his vision with the CD lineup.

Kirk Hammet is not a original member, he replaced to Dave Mustaine, but I understand your point and I agree

Every band switch members but when you swith the 90 % of members the band lose its magic, mysticism and soul. well, that happened in Guns n' Roses.

on topic.

Slash will reinventing GNR sooner or later.

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #254 on: May 04, 2007, 07:48:35 PM »

l don't understand why people think this is G'N'R casue its not Roll Eyes

Glad to know that your personal opinion is the be all end all in this discussion  Tongue

It's Guns N Roses because GnR is Axl Rose's band, if you don't like it whatever, but it's not up to you to decide what is and isn't GnR.  It's funny that you think YOU have the right to determine what is or isn't GnR but AXL ROSE doesn't  smoking
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2007, 03:44:14 AM »

Metallica (Ron McGovney)

Kirk Hammet is not a original member, he replaced to Dave Mustaine, but I understand your point and I agree

Name me one Metallica album Dave Mustaine actually plays on...   oh, that's right, he doesn't. ok

GN'R also exsited in a different lineup before AFD, but the one that was made famous was the one that put out that album.

Anyway, this topic is about Slash wanting to break up VR and reunite GN'R right...? hihi rofl

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: