Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:34:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School  (Read 37363 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 30, 2009, 01:01:05 PM »

Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School

On March 25, Gibson and Epiphone signature artist Slash made a surprise appearance at East Los Angeles' Belvedere Middle School to support the national music education organization Little Kids Rock.

Slash visited the program's music room, treating 30 lucky students to a Q&A session and jamming with them on guitar to the tune of Guns N Roses' song "Sweet Child O Mine."

He also signed four Epiphone acoustics as gifts to the school. Little Kids Rock brings Music education to schools that have been left behind due to budget cuts. The organization uses unique methodology that teaches kids to play instruments by focusing on the popular music that they love. They cover styles such as rock, funk, blues and hip hop. Heavy emphasis is placed upon composition, improvisation and recording. As a result, their students regularly record and release their own CDs and rock videos.

Photos: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/ArtistsAndEvents/Stories/Slash-Surprises-Kids-327/

Video: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/03/28/little.kids.rock.cnn

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:31:10 PM »

he's such a swell guy

what class

there is no one cooler

what an awesome guy..  not only is he a great guitar player, he has a heart of gold.  love

Do it for the kids!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:46:25 PM »

You don't have to be such a sarcastic ass all the time.

In a related story involving Axl,....... oh wait he's not doing a damn thing for anybody let alone kids.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »

Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School

On March 25, Gibson and Epiphone signature artist Slash made a surprise appearance at East Los Angeles' Belvedere Middle School to support the national music education organization Little Kids Rock.

Slash visited the program's music room, treating 30 lucky students to a Q&A session and jamming with them on guitar to the tune of Guns N Roses' song "Sweet Child O Mine."

He also signed four Epiphone acoustics as gifts to the school. Little Kids Rock brings Music education to schools that have been left behind due to budget cuts. The organization uses unique methodology that teaches kids to play instruments by focusing on the popular music that they love. They cover styles such as rock, funk, blues and hip hop. Heavy emphasis is placed upon composition, improvisation and recording. As a result, their students regularly record and release their own CDs and rock videos.

Photos: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/ArtistsAndEvents/Stories/Slash-Surprises-Kids-327/

Video: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/03/28/little.kids.rock.cnn

its organizations like this that give a voice to the new generations of mucisions that cant give there own voice out there yet and i love it peace

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 02:16:36 PM »

You don't have to be such a sarcastic ass all the time.

In a related story involving Axl,....... oh wait he's not doing a damn thing for anybody let alone kids.

Say what?  Roll Eyes

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/23880

Guns N' Roses singer visits cancer charity
Surprise visit to the Teenage Cancer Trust

Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose has made a surprise visit to the Teenage Cancer Trust Ward at the University College Hospital in London.

The singer had just completed Guns N' Roses' controversial European tour, culminating with a final date at Wembley Arena a week last Sunday (July 30).

Simon Davies the CEO of the Teenage Cancer Trust Ward said: "We were so touched that Axl wanted to visit the Teenage Cancer Trust ward in London.

"Axl spent time speaking with each of the patients individually asking about their diagnosis and treatment, and what they enjoyed doing when they were not in hospital. Speaking with patients after Axl's visit, I got a real sense of just how excited they were to have met him and how much it lifted their spirits."

The Teenage Cancer Trustis known for its strong links with rock music. Each year The Who singer Roger Daltrey produces a week of shows at the Royal Albert Hall, which this year featured Bloc Party and Razorlight.

? IPC MEDIA 1996-2006, All rights reserved | Site User Terms | Privacy Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Buy Our Content

In The Magazine

There's a pic on the site as well!  Anyone else hear about this yet?  Sorry if its already been posted.  what  nice thing to do...  ok

This story could be from last week and is just being published now.

If you didn't bother to click the link, here is the photo from it.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »

In a related story, everybody doesn't publicize their charity work.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »

he's such a swell guy

what class

there is no one cooler

what an awesome guy..  not only is he a great guitar player, he has a heart of gold.  love

Do it for the kids!

I don't get it. You accuse others of trolling the GNR board to badmouth the new band but you're the first to comment when somone posts Slash news.

/jarmo

I'm glad you found a way to put a negative spin on this  ok

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 02:58:53 PM »

Give credit where credit is due.  The ones putting a negative spin on people's charity work are Jim Bob and gilld1.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »

Give credit where credit is due.  The ones putting a negative spin on people's charity work are Jim Bob and gilld1.

no its cool, i think what he did here was cool and didn't mean to put a neg spin on it.   

i was just saving some people from having to post.

not sure what Axl has to do with this gilld1? 

lunsjail, don't quite get what you are saying. .  if i was on a slash fansite, you'd have a point.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »

/jarmo

I have to say, for a "surprise" appearance...I was surprised to see CNN there.Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »

I'm glad you found my reality check to be negative even after someone used this public display of charity against Axl (not a VR member).

/jarmo

I have to say, for a "surprise" appearance...I was surprised to see CNN there.Cheesy

Wow!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 03:18:23 PM »

Jim Bob: You are posting in a thread about Slash in the VR section of this board. Just saying you spend a lot time commenting on a man that you obviously hate.

And so what if CNN is there? I guess you're saying Slash is being a media whore by bringing attention to a worthy cause.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 03:42:33 PM »

This has really gotten disappointing.

How anyone can make anything negative out of charity work, regardless of who does it, seriously needs to give themselves a wake up call.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 03:54:17 PM »

This has really gotten disappointing.

How anyone can make anything negative out of charity work, regardless of who does it, seriously needs to give themselves a wake up call.

I agree, the amount of Slash hate has gotten a little ridiculous but here's the math:

I support Axl + Axl hates Slash = I hate Slash = I'm a mindless drone

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 04:12:59 PM »

I am a huge fan of both and don't really care what one thinks of the other.

Axl visiting a cancer ward is great and awesome

Slash doing what he does is great and awesome as well

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 04:22:31 PM »

I stand corrected. Removing foot from mouth!!

I had no idea Axl had made such a visit.  I was just being a smartass to JB because I thought his comments were uncalled for.  it's great any time a celeb pushes aside the bullshit and visits kids or those hospitalized.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 04:21:49 AM »

Slash did something nice and charitable so why can't we leave it at that? Why bring Axl into this when this story has nothing to do with him? Afterall, I'm sure Axl has done some nice things for people also that had nothing to do with Slash. Can't Slash and Axl stories be talked about separately? They both pretty much have said that they won't be getting together muscially again.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 05:32:12 AM »

Axl visiting a cancer ward is great and awesome

Wait...Slash is a cancer according to some.
Wonder if Axl will be visiting him!!!

Just kidding guys! couldnt resist.

PS: i think JB was being sincere

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 06:54:04 AM »

Nice of them both!  ok

And Jim Bob was being sincere, and guild1 admits he was standing corrected, so then every things ok?  beer

Lets try make this board more positive from both "sides" because this is a cool site, I love Slash, I love Axl, fuck the drama, most of us love em because of music, and they're both great musicians no matter what! peace

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 09:00:07 AM »

Nice of them both! 

And Jim Bob was being sincere, and guild1 admits he was standing corrected, so then every things ok? 

Lets try make this board more positive from both "sides" because this is a cool site, I love Slash, I love Axl, fuck the drama, most of us love em because of music, and they're both great musicians no matter what!

Yay!  We're all happy for once!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: