Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:51:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum VR Singer 'He's A Guy We've Had Our Eye On, But The Timing Wasn't Right'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum VR Singer 'He's A Guy We've Had Our Eye On, But The Timing Wasn't Right'  (Read 39274 times)
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 09:43:29 AM »

Thumbs down to Taylor

will give it a chance

but it just ain't VR without Scott

maybe Myles?

Said timing wasnt right
didn't wanna steal singer

they said all that shit about Myles

but if u read into it.. sounds like Myles.

It's not Myles, Matt said they worked with the singer a couple of days last week. Myles was in Texas at the time with AB. Besides Myles and Slash both have denied it several times. Corey Taylor fits all of the hints that Matt has given us. I really hope it is him.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:48:43 AM by sleeper » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 01:06:56 PM »

Corey Taylor is in two other bands right now and Stone Sour has announced tour dates for months to come. I can't see them picking him for that reason.

Slipknot has announced dates for 2011 as well.  So I agree, I don't think it's Corey Taylor.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 08:25:13 AM »

On Monday 10th January 2011, @mattsorum said:

In the studio with Cherie Currie tomorrow almost done. Also did 4 days with an amazing singer and VR and have 9 killer demo tracks. Going to make the decision one way or another this week.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 08:43:13 AM »

Olleke bolleke!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 09:02:54 AM »

Damn, this VR singer mystery is really keeping me in suspense. Tell us who it is already!!!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 09:08:10 AM »

I hope we don't go through all this drama for them to finally announce it's Justin Timberlake or some idiot like that. Would be anti-climatic to say the least...

Fuck 'Em All.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 09:50:52 AM »

Would be anti-climatic to say the least...

I think it's going to be anti-climatic regardless, I just don't see them pulling any kind of highly regarded name out of the hat at this point.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 09:52:37 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER Working On 'Nine Killer Demo Tracks' With 'Amazing Singer' - Jan. 10, 2011

According to a new Twitter posting by VELVET REVOLVER drummer Matt Sorum, the band just completed a four-day writing/recording session "with an amazing singer" which produced "nine killer demo tracks."

Regarding the group's search for a new vocalist, Sorum writes, "[We're] going to make the decision one way or another this week."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152082

MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 03:25:27 PM »

Fergie......

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 06:00:35 PM »

I think it's going to be anti-climatic regardless, I just don't see them pulling any kind of highly regarded name out of the hat at this point.

I have to think this "mystery singer" is semi-known.  And I wonder what he thinks about the band talking to the press about the fact that he's on trial and they're still making a decision if they want to use him.

I remember Scott made a point of saying he never "auditioned" for the band.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 06:34:15 PM »

I honestly feel that Velvet should have called it quits after 2008, it just seems all lackluster at the moment. The way they have been talking about VR during the past couple of years, is almost as if the whole project is a burden for all involved.

Say what you want about Scott, but he was the right fit for the bands image and sound, and it worked. But now it seems like they are beating a dead horse, and just carrying it all on for the sake of it.

Everyone seemed happy doing their own thing recently, and if Velvet does start up again with a new singer. I honestly believe it will be a short lived affair, and that is purely because of the situation regarding Scott and the whole last 2 years. Of Duff and Slash surviving that lengthy period without VR, and proving that they don't need each other to get by in the music world, so to say.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:37:57 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »

Fergie......
I would kill myself  crying

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 12:07:57 AM »

God, I fucking hate Slipknot, so I really hope it's not that Corey Taylor dude so many of you think it is.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 02:11:34 AM »

Fergie......

Joe

anybody else now hope it is Fergie? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Grin Cheesy Cheesy yes

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 05:06:43 AM »

Fergie......

Joe

anybody else now hope it is Fergie? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Grin Cheesy Cheesy yes

I'd rather it be Fergie than the dude from Slipknot. "Beautiful Dangerous" is one of my favorite tracks on Slash's CD.

Here Today . . .
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 08:05:32 AM »

I honestly feel that Velvet should have called it quits after 2008, it just seems all lackluster at the moment. The way they have been talking about VR during the past couple of years, is almost as if the whole project is a burden for all involved.

Say what you want about Scott, but he was the right fit for the bands image and sound, and it worked. But now it seems like they are beating a dead horse, and just carrying it all on for the sake of it.

Everyone seemed happy doing their own thing recently, and if Velvet does start up again with a new singer. I honestly believe it will be a short lived affair, and that is purely because of the situation regarding Scott and the whole last 2 years. Of Duff and Slash surviving that lengthy period without VR, and proving that they don't need each other to get by in the music world, so to say.
I agree in some ways, but I think they could regain some of the initial motivation if they become able to make interesting music again.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 08:39:48 AM »

more good songs are needed indeed. more harder direction/metal cant hurt IMO, no need for epic songs  ok

Re-Union time, baby!!
makane
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 08:52:25 AM »

Velvet Revolver Courting New Mystery Singer, Says Drummer

Nevertheless, Sorum says the band is impressed that the frontman candidate "has a work ethic similar to ours" and also brings a "modern" edge to the group. "I've always stressed to the band that we need to be current," Sorum notes. "I don't want to go out there and make retro rock 'n' roll music. We have to take in the environment and parlay that into a rock 'n' roll outlet."

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/velvet-revolver-courting-new-mystery-singer-1004135135.story

What you need is actually good songs. Not some shitty gimmick. Matt seems like he just wants to make money (which seems to be the goal of another member in the band these days).

All this over the top "we got amazing songs, best ever" hype is like a deja vu from pre-Libertad press. I hope im wrong and the guys still got one good album in them.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:59:41 AM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 09:21:53 AM »

Nevertheless, Sorum says the band is impressed that the frontman candidate "has a work ethic similar to ours" and also brings a "modern" edge to the group. "I've always stressed to the band that we need to be current," Sorum notes. "I don't want to go out there and make retro rock 'n' roll music. We have to take in the environment and parlay that into a rock 'n' roll outlet."

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/velvet-revolver-courting-new-mystery-singer-1004135135.story

What you need is actually good songs. Not some shitty gimmick. Matt seems like he just wants to make money (which seems to be the goal of another member in the band these days).

All this over the top "we got amazing songs, best ever" hype is like a deja vu from pre-Libertad press. I hope im wrong and the guys still got one good album in them.

Not sure if you're referring to Slash with the $ comment, but that seems to be a pretty popular topic on forums I've noticed and never understood.
If Slash is just in it for money, then so be it, because it definitely worked on his solo album.

To me it sounds like they are excited about their band. I think you're problem is more with the whole "twitter/facebook/myspace" thing where we probably hear far more from these people than we really want or need to.

WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 09:31:12 AM »

Have you ever been in a band before? There is no other feeling but excitement for new songs, every time you work on new material you get words tossed around like Matt is using. I really fail to see how Sorum is "in it for the money" as well... nothing he has said leads to any sort of that conclusion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: