Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:11:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  VR section
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR section  (Read 41594 times)
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2007, 05:23:38 PM »

I'm sure if I went to velvetrevolverforum.com I could talk all the shit I want about GnR in the GnR section, but would get banned in a second if I went to the VR forum and started slamming them

Actually, there's no bashing at VRforum.com.... and it's an official board. ?So there are a few subtle differences... other than that, I'd like to see the bashings stop. ?But as long as there are immature people in the world, it's like death and taxes. ?I don't mind criticism, in fact, I encourage it at our board, but when all I see is "loser fag" and "piece of shit" peppered in peoples' posts, I don't really take that as criticism. ?It's idiocy. ?There's a big difference in my books. ?I don't mind people saying "I don't like [such and such a song] because..." but when they say "that song sucks because [band member] is a [generic explicit moronic comment]," it really makes me wonder why people even bother posting such rubbish. ?I'm all about intelligent conversation and debates, but when it gets down to people spewing sewage about bands just because they want to start a fuss, well that's not so cool. ?I'd like to see the insults cut altogether. ?Unfortunately, I don't see it happening in the near future.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2007, 02:14:47 PM »

If I did shit like that on the GNR board I'd be gone in a second , but it always goes on in the VR section. Double standards.

You still don't get it.? rofl

I explain and explain......

/jarmo

Jarmo, just wondering - where did all of your bitterness come from? Wasnt it you who helped set up the Velvet Revolver forum on their site? Correct me if I'm wrong and I may well be. If so I apologise...

What have Slash etc done that is such a personal affront to you that you behave in the way you do? Is it because Scott said some mean things about poor defenseless Axl or did you not get your Contraband advance copy or something?

For a GNR fan you sure have a problem with the guys that made the band. Maybe your bitter because when you set up a GNR website you didnt think that 10 years later you'd have to write about something called Bumblefoot or a guy that played on an Nsync record.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2007, 03:35:29 PM »

^and for a "GnR fan" you sure seem to have a problem with the guys who are actually IN the fucking band.    One could probably assume you aren't even a GnR fan anymore.  your only interest is in ex-members and nostalgia so maybe YOU sir should find a board that suits your interests.
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2007, 05:17:34 PM »

If we are going to blow up the VR section, please let me push the button  ok

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2007, 06:46:23 PM »

Not to attack anyone in particular but this thread is pretty absurd. Who cares where the VR section is? And I am a fan of VR. I am guessing it was a move done because of all the animosity on the board, altho I don't believe it is going to help any of that. But really if you think about it that's probably where all the VR information on the board should have been to begin with 5 years ago. I don't like that there is no more VR news on the front page of the site tho, I think that's kinda lame but hell whatever it's not my website.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2007, 06:51:53 PM »

Not to attack anyone in particular but this thread is pretty absurd. Who cares where the VR section is? And I am a fan of VR. I am guessing it was a move done because of all the animosity on the board, altho I don't believe it is going to help any of that. But really if you think about it that's probably where all the VR information on the board should have been to begin with 5 years ago. I don't like that there is no more VR news on the front page of the site tho, I think that's kinda lame but hell whatever it's not my website.

What is odd is that a Bumble Foot Guitar sweepstakes, or a Tommy Solo album info is front page worthy.  Or maybe even an Izzy update (Izzy is not an official member of GNR).  But when Slash or Duff do something, no mention.  Even if GNR related.  Just don't see how Izzy is more important than Slash or Duff. Either you are in GNR or not.  And as far as I know, Izzy is not. 
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2007, 07:07:19 PM »

What is odd is that a Bumble Foot Guitar sweepstakes, or a Tommy Solo album info is front page worthy.  Or maybe even an Izzy update (Izzy is not an official member of GNR).  But when Slash or Duff do something, no mention.  Even if GNR related.  Just don't see how Izzy is more important than Slash or Duff. Either you are in GNR or not.  And as far as I know, Izzy is not. 

Humm... maybe cos Izzy is friends with Axl again? hummm....

If I did shit like that on the GNR board I'd be gone in a second , but it always goes on in the VR section. Double standards.

You still don't get it.  rofl

I explain and explain......

/jarmo

Jarmo, just wondering - where did all of your bitterness come from? Wasnt it you who helped set up the Velvet Revolver forum on their site? Correct me if I'm wrong and I may well be. If so I apologise...

What have Slash etc done that is such a personal affront to you that you behave in the way you do? Is it because Scott said some mean things about poor defenseless Axl or did you not get your Contraband advance copy or something?

For a GNR fan you sure have a problem with the guys that made the band. Maybe your bitter because when you set up a GNR website you didnt think that 10 years later you'd have to write about something called Bumblefoot or a guy that played on an Nsync record.

Your last paragraph was quite funny lol... Where did you get that Nsyinc part from? Never heard about it.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2007, 07:19:02 PM »

Your last paragraph was quite funny lol... Where did you get that Nsyinc part from? Never heard about it.

Richard Fortus did some work on some N'Sync Record
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2007, 08:56:10 PM »

And if he didn't play his couple of fills the way the producers wanted him to, NSYNC would never even have done anything.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2007, 09:26:02 PM »

[to write about something called Bumblefoot or a guy that played on an Nsync record.
Thats the stupiest thing I read Tongue

But if you wanna go there...
Think of someone called Slash and duffy mcduck...playing on Michael Jackson albums hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2007, 09:37:07 PM »

Richard Fortus did some work on some N'Sync Record

Cool. How prestigious  Smiley

[to write about something called Bumblefoot or a guy that played on an Nsync record.

Think of someone called Slash and duffy mcduck...playing on Michael Jackson albums hihi

Well... still, Michael Jackson had a bit more reputation (at the time lol)

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2007, 09:40:10 PM »

Yes, his a great artist...just pointing it out I thought Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2007, 09:51:56 PM »

^and for a "GnR fan" you sure seem to have a problem with the guys who are actually IN the fucking band.    One could probably assume you aren't even a GnR fan anymore.  your only interest is in ex-members and nostalgia so maybe YOU sir should find a board that suits your interests.

Couldn't have said it better myself man!

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2007, 09:59:28 PM »

Don't forget Blackstreet, Paulina Rubio, and American Idol's own Daughtry
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2007, 10:08:52 PM »

And Christina Aguilera. Oh no! Sorry... that wasn?t Slash.  no

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2007, 07:58:30 AM »

What is odd is that a Bumble Foot Guitar sweepstakes, or a Tommy Solo album info is front page worthy.

What surprises me is the absurdity of your comment. Why the fuck wouldn't it be front page worthy ? One is GN'R guitarist, the other one is GN'R bass player. And this is ... a GN'R site, right.

This stupid VR section should be gone, pure and simple. Hell, I'd be happy to press the button before Destry.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2007, 08:15:55 AM »

I absolutely agree with NicoRouke - that section provides the main source of upsets/fights on this board.

More attention should be given to current GN'R members so we could get to know them better.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 08:23:00 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CSS
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2007, 08:53:18 AM »

And Christina Aguilera. Oh no! Sorry... that wasn?t Slash.

Too bad that "Beautiful" wasn't written by her, it's a cover.

Snap...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2007, 08:58:03 AM »

Well said SB1978 yes

And at that time, Slash was already a fucking "legend". Isn't that what we call selling your soul ?

Sorry if Richard had to make a living, like all musicians before hiting the big time. All musicians don't become rich and famous like Slash. Some have to do some works in order to get fucking paid.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2007, 09:06:59 AM »

And Christina Aguilera. Oh no! Sorry... that wasn?t Slash.

Too bad that "Beautiful" wasn't written by her, it's a cover.

Snap...

Lol and what does it have to do with anything?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: