Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:22:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Beatles
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beatles  (Read 16699 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2006, 06:24:50 PM »

Where did this thread come from - dont even remember making it nervous

Since i made this thread i've stocked up on some Beatles stuff - its pretty good stuff, perhaps more for what it encouraged than what it is but i certainly understand the appeal now

i brought it back simply because i was lokking for the song "one after 909", which is an unreleased song as far as i know.

do you have a clue izzy?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2006, 02:51:27 PM »

Where did this thread come from - dont even remember making it nervous

Since i made this thread i've stocked up on some Beatles stuff - its pretty good stuff, perhaps more for what it encouraged than what it is but i certainly understand the appeal now

i brought it back simply because i was lokking for the song "one after 909", which is an unreleased song as far as i know.

do you have a clue izzy?

No, it's on their last record, Let It Be.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2007, 09:33:08 PM »

It was 40 years ago today...Sgt Pepper wins new fans

05/31/2007? Reuters
Paul Majendie

Mae West said: "No. I won't be in it. What would I be doing in a lonely hearts club?"

So The Beatles personally wrote to the Hollywood vamp who then agreed to join Fred Astaire and Karl Marx on the cover for "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," which celebrates its 40th anniversary on Friday.

It took 129 days for the Beatles to record one of the most enduring albums of the 20th century. Their first, "Please Please Me," had taken just 585 minutes to record.

Now 21st century rock stars have paid their own tribute -- Oasis, Kaiser Chiefs and Razorlight celebrated the anniversary by recording their own versions of the album's famous songs.

Recording engineer Geoff Emerick, who worked on the original album, was back at the controls for the 'time machine' recording session. "This is the first time I've touched this equipment since The Beatles days," he said.

Computer technology has transformed 21st century music. Back in 1967, if Paul McCartney sang off-key or John Lennon fluffed his guitar lines, they had to re-record.

Pop historian and broadcaster Paul Gambaccini, reflecting on the album's legacy, told Reuters: "It is one of the great icons of the 20th century. It was the symbol of a very well defined moment in time -- the summer of love in 1967."

The download generation could now give the album another fillip.

"Sgt Pepper has never stopped selling and there will probably be another sales spike when it goes digital," Gambaccini said.

The Beatles have been one of the last big acts to hold out from putting their music on the Internet.

"The danger was that they were beginning to lose their place in rock history with a new generation," Martin Talbot, editor of Music Week, said of young music fans used to downloading their favorite albums.

Earlier this year, the company representing The Beatles settled a 30 million-pound ($60 million) royalty dispute with EMI Group in a deal that could finally pave the way for the Liverpool band's music to go online.

Apple Corps, the company owned by McCartney, Ringo Starr and the families of Lennon and George Harrison, said in December 2005 it would sue the record company after negotiations broke down.

Now, with the last legal hurdles cleared, the Beatles could at last be ready to take to the information superhighway.

EMI Chief Executive Eric Nicoli said in April he was working on a deal to put the band's music online but could not give a time frame.

Gareth Grundy at Q Magazine forecast: "When the Beatles go online, it will be a huge deal and they will sell their catalogue all over again. It's just great music no matter how old you are."

Link to article:http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/44156261
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2007, 10:53:24 PM »

Count me in as another one who really didn't think of the Beatles as much of anything great until the past year or so.  I obtained a copy of the entire Anthology, as well as s bunch of random mp3's of their better-known stuff and spent a ton of time listening to it.

I still think John Lennon is overrated by many (I say the same about Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain too), but as a whole, the Beatles were an amazing band.  There were so many songs of theirs that I knew of, but didn't really know until I sat down and gave them a listen.  Let It Be.  Strawberry Fields Forever.  Hey Jude.  Paperback Writer.  Day Tripper.  Norwegian Wood.  Lady Madonna.  Eleanor Rigby.  Helter Skelter.  While My Guitar Gently Weeps.  Great stuff, why did it take me so long to get into it?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
GeraldFord
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2007, 12:10:53 AM »

I have Yellow Submarine on now--some great songs:

Hey Bulldog
It's only a Northern Song
It's All too much
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »

...number 9...number 9...number 9...

Nough said, they were a rock n' roll band.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2007, 12:40:33 PM »

The Beatles are the greatest band ever. 

Guns N' Roses is my favorite, but the Beatles are the best.

Now go buy Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, Mystery Tour, White Album, and Abbey Road!  Now!

lol that doesnt help my question too much, back up why you think they are the greatest with reasons?

Why you need reasoning?
Does it make you love or hate the music?  Just listen to it.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2007, 08:02:02 AM »

some days ago new studio outtakes (sgt pepper)
appeared online, i've never listen to them, they're just great.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2009, 05:03:01 AM »

Big day for the Beatles yesterday, the Rock Band game and all of their re-masters finally came out.  I picked up "Abbey Road" and "Revolver" yesterday..they sound great.  Probably be picking up "The White Album" and a few others later this week.  Anyone else check them out?
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2009, 08:39:17 AM »

Big day for the Beatles yesterday, the Rock Band game and all of their re-masters finally came out.  I picked up "Abbey Road" and "Revolver" yesterday..they sound great.  Probably be picking up "The White Album" and a few others later this week.  Anyone else check them out?
Got Mono Box and AB,LIB,PM.

They sound really great and the packaging on the mono box set is amazing ! Best Mini Lps Ive ever seen. drool

Thanks Giant Robot...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »

I picked up Revolver and Rubber Soul this morning.  It's like discovering them all over again.  This was long overdue.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2009, 08:55:45 AM »

I've got four Beatles albums and I still want to get Revolver, Rubber Soul and Let It Be. Now these remasters have come out, I don't know whether to buy those and have some remasters and some original CDs or just get the original CD versions. Probably a dumb question, but for anyone who's picked up any of the ramsters, is the sound noticeably better than the original CDs? AFI said they sound great, anyone else??

EDIT: I was swaying about getting the originals simply because they're cheaper. Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:04:47 AM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2009, 09:00:23 AM »

The sound quality and richness is drastically better.  I would not waste my money on any of the original CDs.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2009, 09:31:24 AM »

I got the set, cause it was a 'gift from a friend'. Great quality so far, about 10 songs in.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: