Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:59:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  A newb's guide to black metal
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A newb's guide to black metal  (Read 2992 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: June 07, 2005, 11:11:15 PM »

Here are the most important bands and things you need to know about black metal. Enjoy!

The bands
Kiss- Created black metal. Their corpse paint shows how blasphemous and evil they are. Their most famous album, Destroyer, is all about destruction (um, what else?), and is the ultimate example of early black metal.

Metallica- Jump in the Fire, one of their most popular early songs, encouraged people to jump in the glorious hell that is black metal. If fire doesn't feel good to your skin, you're too wimpy to like black metal. The black album is probably the best black metal album in the past 15 years.

Mercyful Fate- Poseur metal. The vocals aren't screamed, the production is too good, and the guitarists are too skilled. Just a bunch of 4th rate Kiss rip offs. Avoid.

Living Colour- A black black metal band?! No. They're black on the outside, but they're really pure and white on the inside, not evil at all. Black metal fans might be white on the outside, but... Oh wait, nevermind.

Burzum- It used to be really esoteric. But then it became popular, so it's not esoteric anymore. Avoid.

Cradle of Filth- Probably the best black metal band out there today.

Dimmu Borgir- Rivaled only by Cradle of Filth in evilness.

The terms

Esoteric- This is a cryptic quality that only black metal has, yet no one can accurately describe. Don't ask. If you don't understand, you're not tr00 or kvlt enough. Don't get that dictionary either, that's cheating!

Christianity- Christianity is destroying Europe. It's only been downhill for the last 1500 years. Things were much, much better before then. Trust me.

Aryans- What you are, because only Indo-Europeans can like black metal. Scientific IQ tests have shown that we are smarter than Africans, so we should sacrifice them all to our lord Baphomet. Of course, any test showing Jews or Asians are more intelligent is a lie, don't believe it.

Ecofascism- Our form of governance. Think Nazis in a cold, dark, Northern forest dressed like Kiss and you'll get the idea.

Vinyl- The only medium capable of holding black metal. It must be black, and served cold. A single work of black metal can't be reproduced to more than about 500 records, or else it's not esoteric anymore.

This thread- Is a joke. Feel free to add your own suggestions based on both deserved and undeserved stereotypes of black metal music.  Grin
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 11:15:13 PM »

Best black album from Crade would have to be 'Dusk and Her Embrace'

my fav's 'Midian'

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 11:52:54 PM »

Metallica- The black album is probably the best black metal album in the past 15 years.
Posted on: Today at 10:11:15 PM Posted by: Walk
Yeah, but the best black metal album from Metallica is def. Master of Puppets yes yes
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 12:20:26 AM »

Yes, the master is clearly Beelzebub, and Leper Messiah is his messenger. They both dwell in the Sanitarium in the 9th level of hell. Excellent observation!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 03:10:39 AM »

i'd call Master of Puppets thrash rather then black. Wink

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 09:00:08 AM »

Here are the most important bands and things you need to know about black metal. Enjoy!

The bands
Kiss- Created black metal. Their corpse paint shows how blasphemous and evil they are. Their most famous album, Destroyer, is all about destruction (um, what else?), and is the ultimate example of early black metal.

Metallica- Jump in the Fire, one of their most popular early songs, encouraged people to jump in the glorious hell that is black metal. If fire doesn't feel good to your skin, you're too wimpy to like black metal. The black album is probably the best black metal album in the past 15 years.

Mercyful Fate- Poseur metal. The vocals aren't screamed, the production is too good, and the guitarists are too skilled. Just a bunch of 4th rate Kiss rip offs. Avoid.

Living Colour- A black black metal band?! No. They're black on the outside, but they're really pure and white on the inside, not evil at all. Black metal fans might be white on the outside, but... Oh wait, nevermind.

Burzum- It used to be really esoteric. But then it became popular, so it's not esoteric anymore. Avoid.

Dimmu Borgir- Rivaled only by Cradle of Filth in evilness.

Hmm- Kiss and Metallica black metal? Okay....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 07:09:01 PM »

I just thought of another one. Wink

Marilyn Manson- An evil black metaller named after a babe and a serial killer, how kvlt! He inspired 2 kids to go on a killing spree in their school. Due to our absolute disregard for the 1st Amendment, that's almost as good as burning a church!
psycotron
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 08:29:51 PM »

jimi hendrix is the first black metal guitarist. im not racist
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 08:56:25 PM »

Black Metal - The art of screaming shred music with techno-like keyboards. A spin-off of Dio music.
Satan - The origin of black metal. If the songs don't worship him, then it isn't black metal. Thus, Christains don't listen to black metal.
Keyboards - Essiental
Vocals - If you can understand the singer, then it ain't black metal.

hihi

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 09:04:09 PM »

And, if actual words must absolutely be used in a song, they must be in a Germanic tongue, excluding English.  beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: