Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 142356 times)
sandman
Legend

« on: May 25, 2007, 08:01:58 AM »

since football has become a year-round sport, we're overdue for a 2007 thread. there's so much to discuss - the draft, free agency, arrests, mini-camps, the new commish, the "purse carrier" (aka cowboys starting QB).? hihi http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/story/74187.html

and i can't wait for teams to play "who let the dogs out" when mike vick comes to town.? rofl
looks like they traded shaub a couple months too soon.

Philly has their own QB controversy. mcnabb is not happy and could be outta here sooner than expected since they drafted Kevin "corn on the" Kolb with their top pick.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 12:46:07 PM »

I wish the Chiefs would hurry up and trade Trent Green and let both sides move on. On the other hand, the Dolphins are trying to steal him for a 6th rounder. You don't get a starting QB for a 6th round draft choice, so both sides need to compromise and get this done. The news is all over ESPN and the local papers how the Chiefs are  screwing Green after  he has been their leader for the past  6 years. Time to move on.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 01:12:43 PM »

i'm excited to see how Brady and Moss/Stallworth work together beer

G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 11:44:47 PM »

Same here, Moss and Brady = GREATNESS!!! yes

Atleast I hope so.. unless he complains and quits on plays, but thats doubtful atleast for the first year here. I'm a huge Patriot fan and seeing them go from the crappiest receiving corps in the league last year to possibly a top 5 corps is excellent. The only thing i'm concerned about are the runningbacks, Maroney looked good last year but he had Dillon to trade snaps with, this year he doesn't have much backing him up that would really threaten a defense.

2007-08 - GO PATRIOTS!! peace

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 06:42:31 AM »

I agree on trading Green, but purely for selfish reasons.  The QB from my old high school, Jeff Terrell, is in camp with the Chiefs, looking to make it as a backup, and with at least one QB out of the picture, it makes it that much easier to make the team.

As for me, I'm anxious to see what the Browns can put together.  Got three potential Pro Bowl linemen (moving Shaffer to the right side makes him better, Joe Thomas should be god-like, and Eric Steinbach will be great as well), a hopefully still good RB in Lewis, and of course Brady Quinn.  Charlie Frye should begin the season as the starter, but Quinn should be ready to step in.  I'm hoping to see a Brees-Rivers situation there, where an underachieving QB suddenly breaks out with a young prospect waiting in the wings.

The defense is the weak spot this year.  The front line is crap, the linebackers are decent, and I like the secondary for the most part.  Leigh Bodden is the most underrated shutdown corner in the game.

Special teams should be good.  Josh Cribbs deserves a Pro Bowl spot as a kick returner or generic special teams guy.  Phil Dawson should still be good enough to get by.  And Dave Zastudil is (at times) one of the top 5 punters in the game.

Still, the Browns need at least 6 wins to save Crennel's job.  I'm hoping like hell for 9-7, though I'd be happy enough going 7-9.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:59:12 AM »

i started rooting for the browns last year cause i got to know Hank Fraley pretty well when he was with the eagles. he lived down the street from me and his wife and my wife became good friends. she would come over our house to watch the away games cause she had no family or close friends in the area. he was a cool dude. is he the starting center this year?

i'm also hoping to see brady and joe thomas do well. 

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 06:45:09 PM »

easy there Sandman!  That purse-carrier is my fantasy qb! 

Moss better do well because I signed him to a long-term deal as well.  I'm optimistic about his chances in NE.  The thing that could hurt the Patsies is a Maroney injury.  Let's face it, Stallworth will be hurt at some point too, he always gets hurt. 

The Dolphins should just give a 4th round pick and let it be done.  If they won't do it, I hope my Vikings do!

I'm psyched about the upcoming season.  Sandman, since I'm in Delaware, we get all the Philly stations, so I see the Eagles every week.  As long as they aren't playing my Vikes, I'm rooting for them.  Since I'm from the Syracuse area I also root for Donovan McNabb big-time! 

Also, why oh why couldn't Vick's Falcons be playing Cleveland this season?  A trip to the dawg pound would have been classic.  Vick being pelted by hundreds of MilkBone dog bones would have been a beautiful site.   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 11:02:57 AM »

you must be psyched about the vikes drafting peterson.

i agree - the Fins should give up the pick. they better be careful, someone may come along and offer more than a 6th rounder and steal green away - QBs get hurt frequently; atlanta may need a QB for 2007 in the near future.

i gotta be honest, i'd be nervous with Romo as my fantasy QB (not ONLY because he seems whipped  hihi). he was really shaky over the last few games last season. it's gonna be interesting to see how he plays this season after considering his inconsistent play down the stretch and how the season ended.

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 07:20:06 PM »

Yeah, Fraley is still penciled in as the starter as it looks like LeCharles Bentley is out until at least 2008.  If his career isn't completely over.  Seth McKinney will be challenging him for that starting center spot though.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 08:05:54 PM »

Romo whipped?  Ha!  I just read MSN's gossip page today and it says Romo's asked our Sweet Child O' Mine singin' Carrie Underwood to back off for the football season.  Ya see that?  He's gotta concentrate on making my fantasy team better!   hihi

My fantasy league's going into it's 10th season.  3 years ago we made it an auction-style draft with special rules for long-term contracts, hence, an auction-draft dynasty league.  Yup, I'm a nerd...and proud of it.   Grin

Romo, Randy Moss, and Andre Johnson are all mine and provide a solid base for the season...I wish I could say the same for my Lamont Jordan.   Embarrassed

Without Parcells around, I think Romo can open 'er up a bit more this season.   peace

Yes, Adrian Peterson will be huge.  Paired up with Chester Taylor, I'm psyched...but, we need a passing game or we'll see a lot of 9-man fronts and 3 and outs.   nervous

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 09:07:32 PM »

http://profootballtalk.com/romobutter.jpg

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 07:40:25 AM »

Ha!  I didn't even check this thread yesterday...and Romo and Carrie Underwood were in my dream last night.  Romo and some Cowboys were at this neighborhood bar-b-q, and Underwood showed up in a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader outfit.  The 2 were sitting next to each other getting all lovey-dovey.  I thought to myself, this is my starting fantasy qb??  I think I'll need to draft another quality qb for insurance.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 12:59:11 PM »

axl4Prez: You from Big D? If so, which neighborhood BBQ place? Any suggestions to try besides Sonny Bryans?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 05:41:52 PM »

Hey Krispy, that's funny, yeah, in a way I'm from Big D...Big Delaware.   Cheesy  Unfortunately, I've never been to Dallas.

Me and my group had a 3 hour road trip up to Hammerstein in May, '06 and 3 hours up to the Meadowlands in November, '06 to see GNR.

I've loved the Vikings since I was a kid.  I am very loyal...but I will root for the Eagles if they aren't playing the Vikes.  I'm from upstate NY and followed McNabb while he was an Orangeman.    peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 09:53:13 PM »

FINALLY, Trent Green is traded. You know, everyone  blamed  KC for holding out, but the fact is that Miami was offering shit. If  Green is to be your starting  quaterback and since 2001 has been one of the best QBs in the league (3 times  more  than 4000 yards, 2 Pro Bowls, trailing only P. Manning in yards  and I think TDs), you ought to offer more than a 7, and then a 6. In my opinion, KC was right  to hold out for more, and finally got a conditional 5 that can go to 4 based on how much Green plays. Maybe  some  performance  thresholds  as well, we will find  out. But  at least Trent can move and and continue his career. He is such a class  guy, in every way, I am happy for him and wish him several more years  of success.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 11:00:11 PM »

FINALLY, Trent Green is traded. You know, everyone  blamed  KC for holding out, but the fact is that Miami was offering shit. If  Green is to be your starting  quaterback and since 2001 has been one of the best QBs in the league (3 times  more  than 4000 yards, 2 Pro Bowls, trailing only P. Manning in yards  and I think TDs), you ought to offer more than a 7, and then a 6. In my opinion, KC was right  to hold out for more, and finally got a conditional 5 that can go to 4 based on how much Green plays. Maybe  some  performance  thresholds  as well, we will find  out. But  at least Trent can move and and continue his career. He is such a class  guy, in every way, I am happy for him and wish him several more years  of success.

Trent Green is a very underrated QB, for certain.  Hopefully he can help Miami, so that they can pick off that division when Moss eventually hamstrings the Pats.  I still like to follow the AFC East, even though my Colts aren't in the division anymore.  Back when they sucked, and I was a kid, and it was affordable, we had season tix.  I remember one season when the guy in front of us gave me a high five in his exultation that Indy had defeated both Buffalo (w/ Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, and Bruce Smith) and Miami (w/ Marino) in the same season.  That was back when the Pats, Colts, and Jets were being constantly buttfucked by Buffalo and Miami, and it wasn't too fun being a Colts fan, during the Bills four consecutive AFC Championship seasons.  Cry 

Oh, how those tables have turned.  hihi 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 08:55:06 AM »

culpepper is asking for his release now apparently hihi

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 11:51:25 AM »

Miami rushed Culpepper back too soon.  That's just my opinion though.  Daunte could help some teams if he's truly recovered from the really bad knee injury he suffered a while back.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 12:58:16 PM »

sounds like culpooper could end up in jacksonville.

gruden named garcia the starter in TB, and kinda took a shot a simms in the process.

i wish the birds would have resigned garcia. mcnabb practiced with the team yesterday and it looks like he's on track to be ready for the start of the season, but garcia was a real nice insurance policy.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 09:32:59 PM »

Pacman rescinded his application to have  his suspension reduced. Good. I think that he needs to concentrate more on good behavior and less on challenging the system. Goddell is right--this is business  and the bad apples sully the entire league with their  thug behavior. This crackdown on bad behavior should have happened long  ago.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: