Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:03:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stay of Execution?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stay of Execution?  (Read 27524 times)
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2015, 09:46:02 AM »

I remember a thread a while back which suggested that a get-out might be to give the label first dibs on a reunion package, knowing that it would be in the labels interest to accept the deal as a "most realistic" way to make money, anything else is the dog chasing its tail.  Seems to me a valid escape for all concerned in regards contracts currently active.  But I don't work in the business nor am I a legal eagle either so just a guess. Smiley
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2015, 09:50:24 AM »

I don't know if they own the songs, I think they might have the right to release album(s).

So I'm assuming as long as they get the amount of minutes to fill an album, that's what they are entitled to. Doesn't matter when the songs were recorded?

Unless there's some kind of "we paid for these recordings" situation...

/jarmo

Yeah, that's probably the case.  Axl is likely bound to the label not just for "Guns N' Roses" recordings, but for anything he creates, whether individually, with another band or through a new band he creates, up to the amount of albums or other releases stated in their contract.  
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2015, 03:16:04 AM »

Any recording made during the duration of the contract is owned by the label.

And Axl personally is obligated to record exclusively for the label, which is why he appears courtesy of the label when making a guest appearance.

There's nothing Axl can do to get out of the contract other than release three more albums.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: