Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:07:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  TO: Those who are attacking Jarmo about the RS thing
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TO: Those who are attacking Jarmo about the RS thing  (Read 17456 times)
Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2006, 01:42:54 AM »

Chinese Democracy indeed.

yes

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2006, 01:43:02 AM »

Anybody else notice the new album page on this site, states the song mentioned in the article that we cannot discuss, just thought that was kinda weird ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2006, 03:03:54 AM »

THE ADS ARE BY GOOGLE AND THEY ARE RELATED TO THE WEBSITE'S CONTENT.? ON THE CD.COM THERE ARE NO PRESALE PASSWORDS ADS. THE GNR MANAGEMENT IS AWARE ABOUT THE ADS ON THE WEBSITE CAUSE BP ASKED MANAGEMENT'S PERIMISSION TO RUN ADS ON THAT.

There is really no need to get defensive either. You are part of a great site, and like I said in an earlier post, I would certainly believe it if BP told me he just made an oversight and didn't realize presale password Ads were running. But you can't sit here and tell me they weren't running - my entire admin/mod staff saw them, Jarmo saw them, etc...

I am not sure about what exactly you are talking about. When ads like that are on cd.com BP blocks them. If you are talking about something that happened the last days I am sure that he didn't see it to block it. He doesn't want ads like these on his website. I am sorry if we dissapointed you but unfortunately we don't have internet access at home the last days and he cannot filter all the google ads. Anyway the ads on cd.com will be totally removed pretty soon.

BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2006, 04:58:21 AM »

gnr2006 could have contacted me as he said.. or contacted sladdi.   anyway I never seen the ad's and yes I am in another country to where they most likely will not show for me.  and I didn't have internet in many days....

and yes I have had many other things to do lately far more important than a random ad that google picks.

sladdi is correct on all accounts of ad blocking for google - sometimes it can be a day, sometimes more, sometimes the ad's find new URL's to trick the system. but we block ad's that are inappropiate all the time with much success.

ok you seen it...  and you say jarmo seen it...   and whoever else ...  but us webmasters with an ounce of e-knowledge know that it wasn't intentional.

-BP

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2006, 05:00:47 AM »

Jarmo doesn't deserve to be attacked but people have the right to criticize him over this issue. I can understand that he doesn't want to offend Merck and doesn't want to hurt ?his relationship with him, but there is something incredibly wrong when GNR fans can't discuss GNR news from a major publication on a GNR fan site. What harm is going to be done by discussing the article? If there is some misinformation in the article Merck can just clear it up instead of trying to control what we can discuss. If the article mentioned something that wasn't supposed to be, that's too bad, but its out there now. There is no use in pretending it doesn't exist. Besides, it's not like it will hurt the band. CD sales aren't going to be harmed because Sebastian did some blabbing or because the release date may have been leaked out.

It's flat out insulting to our intelligence that Merck thinks he can control our thoughts and discussions ?and I'm disappointed that Jarmo is letting him do so.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2006, 06:04:52 PM »

I think people forget how massive it is, and also how quickly things can take off.

Imo that's the very reason why it is fucking dumb from managment's part to bother to react so violently  to minor stuff like articles or ads leaking a couple of days before they should.
What actually leaked, why it happened and why it should not happen til few days later...any of that doesn't even matter here.  Only thing that really matters is..this is internet.
Information an adequate amount of people find interesting slips in the net and some overly eager managment-asshole guy just can't "make it go away". He/she only comes off as overly meddling asshole acting disrespectfully towards fans of the band he represents.Nothing more is achieved; it takes a grand total of 10 mins from someone to notice there is a fuzz about something "big", get curious, snoop around long enough to figure how to google it and then proceed to  read all about it.
It was fucking unfair from their part to start contacting fan site webmasters about it.Webmasters are the ones that have to get their hands dirty and blow  the idiotic "you can't talk about this people!"- whistle.It can't feel good, or that sane to run around your own forum telling people there are news they are not allowed to talk about.My best guess is it feels incredibly fucking dumb.Well atleast I truly hope it does:)

But what would you, or jesus do?Someone from managment of the band you run website of asks you to do something..do you really wanna say "no"?^^
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 06:08:16 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2006, 06:11:47 PM »

Exactly - I don't blame Jarmo..I just think its odd that Merck is reacting the way he is to it. I mean, ok, yeah - all the promo was supposed to start at around the same time and blow our minds - great, but I think our minds were blown already. Merck is playing hardball, and as I said, I'm almost positive that by Jarmo cooperating that it'll work out for all of us in the long run. There's a reason why HTGTH is the best GN'R forum on the net.  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2006, 06:21:20 PM »

Anybody else notice the new album page on this site, states the song mentioned in the article that we cannot discuss, just thought that was kinda weird ?smoking

Oh yeah. Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: