Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:09:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Can you guys please un-ban my IP?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can you guys please un-ban my IP?  (Read 22744 times)
EstrangedReality
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:52:15 PM »

My IP is banned. Kind of a nuisance. Thanks.  Kiss
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:53:57 PM »

I dont see what you're trying to acomplish here.  hihi
EstrangedReality
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:54:29 PM »

I dont see what you're trying to acomplish here.  hihi

Umm, I want my IP un-banned.  Huh
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:14:04 PM »

what did u do to get it banned?

Maybe u should've thought of that before doing whatever u did to get your IP banned.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
EstrangedReality
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 08:31:41 PM »

what did u do to get it banned?

Maybe u should've thought of that before doing whatever u did to get your IP banned.

I was angry at Christos so I unregistered my account, but after I did so someone spoofed my IP and reregistered a bunch of times posting shit. I wasn't aware of it until I came back to the forum later and was denied access, it said "Sorry, your IP has been banned. Reason: spammer." A real kick in the teeth! The irony is that the entire reason I unregistered was because I was feeling angry and didn't want to post anything I might regret later, but in the end this gave someone else the opportunity to do so.   no
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 08:34:34 PM »

I say we take a vote.  Grin
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 08:37:20 PM »

Also, Stoned, you sound so angry...we need to know more!
Hysteron
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:39:11 PM »

I once knew this Russian guy who recommend this thing called hide IP? I never took him up on his advice instead I just begged jarmos forgiveness; maybe that Ruski guy (I wonder where he went) should do the same.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 08:39:55 PM »

How would anyone besides a mod know your IP to be able to spoof it?  And who would go through the trouble?

It was indeed a mod, but not from here.  ok

The mod's a user here, but used to run another GN'R site, which is now dead, but I used to be a user there.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 08:41:51 PM »

I once knew this Russian guy who recommend this thing called hide IP? I never took him up on his advice instead I just begged jarmos forgiveness; maybe that Ruski guy (I wonder where he went) should do the same.

I already asked Christos to forgive me for arguing with him. Jarmo wasn't involved, he was out of the country at the time.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 08:42:58 PM »

hmmmmm....how are you posting now? ?And why would you get banned just for deleting yourself? ?We need more info....
EstrangedReality
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 08:43:42 PM »

I was kind of wondering why he didn't ask Christos for forgiveness...since he's the one that banned his IP.  Why make it a public request?  Unless he wants everyone to know that he still got a new account even with his IP being banned. 

No, they already know this is my account, I asked Christos for forgiveness about a month ago probably, right after I registered this account
EstrangedReality
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 08:45:02 PM »

How would anyone besides a mod know your IP to be able to spoof it?  And who would go through the trouble?

It was indeed a mod, but not from here.  ok

The mod's a user here, but used to run another GN'R site, which is now dead, but I used to be a user there.

Ok, fair enough.  But you are saying this person knew when you unregisterd your account and took advantage of the moment to start spoofing your IP?  Why would he do that?  Does he hate you or something?

Yes, she hates me. Used to run a forum, it's been dead a while.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 08:45:38 PM »

I don't know Stoned...and I don't think his explanation was understandable.
Hysteron
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 08:47:40 PM »

Christos is female, there are female mods on this board?
EstrangedReality
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 08:48:11 PM »

I was kind of wondering why he didn't ask Christos for forgiveness...since he's the one that banned his IP.  Why make it a public request?  Unless he wants everyone to know that he still got a new account even with his IP being banned. 

No, they already know this is my account, I asked Christos for forgiveness about a month ago probably, right after I registered this account

So when you asked him for forgiveness, did you ask him to unban your IP?  What did he say?

No, I just asked him to forgive me if I had been acting out of place that evening and I explained everything that happened after I left. I wasn't physically at my computer when I was supposedly spamming, I had logged off after unregistering that night because I was very upset and didn't check back until someone told me what was going on.

I didn't ask Christos to un-ban my IP, I thought that would have been rather arrogant of me at the time. I thought it would be best to see whether he'd even let me return first (apparently so, since my account wasn't banned).

I've been trying very hard to remain "under control" now, no more silly topics like "coming out of the closet" and all that.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 08:49:34 PM »

Christos is female, there are female mods on this board?

Christos is a male.

The mod from another (dead) forum who spoofed my IP is a female. She is a user here, with multiple accounts. And no, I'm not saying who it is, so don't ask.
Hysteron
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 08:51:13 PM »

I was kind of wondering why he didn't ask Christos for forgiveness...since he's the one that banned his IP.? Why make it a public request?? Unless he wants everyone to know that he still got a new account even with his IP being banned.?

So when you asked him for forgiveness, did you ask him to unban your IP?? What did he say?
silly topics like "coming out of the closet" and all that.

That's the reason people want you back, and why you were a popular poster, you should've just stuck with the Tom Cruise thing.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 08:55:02 PM »

So when you asked him for forgiveness, did you ask him to unban your IP?  What did he say?
silly topics like "coming out of the closet" and all that.

That's the reason people want you back, and why you were a popular poster, you should've just stuck with the Tom Cruise thing.

No, because a lot of people hated me when I acted goofy.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 08:56:16 PM »

Yes, she hates me. Used to run a forum, it's been dead a while.

Why does she hate you?  Do you deserve the hate?

This is turning in to quite the little soap opera.

A very long story which others know about and doesn't need to be divulged into here, if you PM me I can give you some more details but I'm not posting them publicly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: