Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:38:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?  (Read 34272 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2007, 05:45:47 PM »

On the subject: I'd like to know why exactly you are here?

I'm asking you Naupis, Genesis, Mikkamakka and Booker Floyd.

I'm really curious.

I happen to like the music. If we were actually allowed to talk about the recent developments you would see that.

I am here because I am eternally optomistic that there will come a day Axl pulls his head out and realizes that he is still a kick ass musician and actually starts acting like it. I loved the 3 shows I saw last year.

You associate my disgust with the way GNR does business with me somehow hating Axl and the music. That is simply not the case. It is just frustrating knowing how awesome things could be with the band compared to how they are.

I love GNR's music, so that is why I am here. Axl right now is like the kid with a 160 IQ who chooses to work at McDonalds when he could be finding the cure to cancer. He is underachieving, and while you may enjoy that I find it sad knowing the talent he has and isn't using. So few people have his talent that to see him go the entire prime of his career (30-45) without contributing anything to the music world is a tragedy.

Axl's drug of choice right now is underachieving. I can't support that because I know what he is capable of, much the same way those who don't support VR think Slash and them are underachieving. The old saying is hate the drug, not the person. I am here because I love the music, but won't support all of this other nonsense that goes on. Since we never have anything musical to talk about, it seems as if I am always negative because most of what goes on with GNR outside of the music is BS. Let us actually talk about some music instead of Axl's shirt or something and we might be in business.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: