Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:14:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  ok, I've gotta' ask....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ok, I've gotta' ask....  (Read 36294 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2007, 08:13:27 AM »

I think the majority of fans respect each version (or incarnation or whatever) of GNR for what they've acheived, both in terms of live shows and in the studio. The current version of GNR haven't "officially" released anything studio-recorded, though they have played loads of shows. I think most people want to respect the old band for recording AFD, UYI I and II etc. and the new band for touring the world and playing the old songs as good as the old band did, plus adding some songs from CD here and there. When CD comes out, then the new band will have put out something that people can discuss and compare to the old stuff.

But I think it's debates or arguments like these that set people off and they start defending the old or new band. It just seems odd that we all can't get along and support a band we all love, regardless of who is (or was) in it.

RP = Robert Plant?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2007, 08:13:47 AM »

Robert Plant

in the words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along". Though many people will deny it, his wisdom was infinite.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 08:17:09 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2007, 08:18:54 AM »

Robert Plant

in the words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along". Though many people will deny it, his wisdom was infinite.

So going by your logic, Rodney King should invite those cops who beat him up to dinner, send them a Christmas card every year, laugh at their racist jokes......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2007, 08:39:51 AM »

I don't pretend to speak for anyone ... however, that would be a good start.

Maybe, I am just a dumb ass redneck, but eventually love will defeat hate because it is stronger.

EDIT: though, it is not a corrollary, see the movie "Wizards". "Fuck the hate/war mongers"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:04:14 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
CSS
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2007, 08:49:42 AM »

I have a newsflash and this is coming from someone who does support GNR as it is now, the old band will always exist as long as Axl keeps downplaying CD and always playing the majority of their shows with the music from a band that you say doesnt exist anymore.? ?Oh it does in spirit at every single show they play because the emphasis is on AFD NOT CD.

As soon as CD takes control of what GNR is now, the old band's presence will always be over shadowing them.? ?That doesn't make me not a supporter of GNR now, it's just a fact on how they are preceived by people who respect the past and want the future of GNR to MOVE FORWARD already.

Hence my answer!

I definitely understand where you're coming from, but the fact is that the old band doesn't exist anymore. We have the music that Guns N' Roses created from that time, and I thank them for it - because that's what made me a fan in the first place.

But is there anymore to it than that? No.

What difference does it make if he plays old material live? The fans want it, gets it, and loves it! At the same time, people want material from Chinese Democracy, and they usually get five songs per show... So, what's so bad about that?

I'm not trying to "bash" the old band in any kind of way, but it's completely legit to say that the old band is finished. It's been over eleven years. Eleven.

It's not about whether you're a fan of this, or a fan of that. It's the truth! And sometimes you have to face it.

You might have a problem with other people's opinions regarding the actual subject, but it's their fucking choice. Noone forced them to say what they're saying, it's just how they feel - As I previously stated, I have no interest in reading about something that was released twenty years ago. I'm already past that, so I don't really understand the fucking frustration.

And that goes for every fucking band that released something decades ago, not just Guns N' Roses.

If you wanna celebrate it - celebrate it! It's that simple - but if Jarmo doesn't want it on his site, that's his choice. Whether we like it or not.

My all-round point is that we're all fans. We are fans of the band Guns N' Roses - In its past form, and in its current. That's just how it is.

No logic required!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 08:53:03 AM by CSS » Logged
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2007, 08:56:59 AM »

Haven't explained how the current members would care about this gig or why it would bother them!

Looks like you have some reading to do. Perhaps I should set some reading comprehension questions for you:

1) Name who is in Guns N' Roses
2) Did Slash and Duff walk out on Guns N' Roses in the mid 90's?
3) Has Steven called the gig a GN'R reunion?
4) Will Axl be putting out a new CD soon under the name Guns N' Roses?
5) What band are Slash and Duff in?
6) Did Slash sign away his rights to using the name Guns N' Roses?
7) Is Steven known for talking and stirring up bullshit?

If you are going to be a sarcastic smart ass and set 'reading comprehension' for people, perhaps you should actually read the thread first, it might stop you asking irrelevant, pointless or already answered questions.

The first question has been answered several times already in this thread alone, try reading it.

Questions 2,5 and 6 are basically irrelevant to the thread but I'll humour your stupidity and assume you were, in a round about way, trying to get to the point that Slash and Duff are no longer members of GNR, thanks for the info but I don't recall anybody saying they were.

Question 3, the reason everyones getting their knickers in a twist, "Has Steven called the gig a GN'R reunion?" NO, how many times do you need telling? Steven has not called it a GNR reunion show, nor has anybody else involved with the gig!

I'm guessing you just put question 4 in there for shits and giggles, it's neither relevant nor answerable. "Will Axl be putting out a new CD soon under the name Guns N' Roses?" ?rofl You can't possibly expect a serious answer to that question? Not even God knows the answer to that question.

As for question 7, well I'm sure Steven has talked BS in the past most people have, but I don't know for sure, do you? Have you got any evidence to support your theory he talks nothing but BS?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2007, 09:07:37 AM »

Haven't explained how the current members would care about this gig or why it would bother them!

Looks like you have some reading to do. Perhaps I should set some reading comprehension questions for you:

If you are going to be a sarcastic smart ass and set 'reading comprehension' for people, perhaps you should actually read the thread first, it might stop you asking irrelevant, pointless or already answered questions.

The first question has been answered several times already in this thread alone, try reading it.

Questions 2,5 and 6 are basically irrelevant to the thread but I'll humour your stupidity and assume you were, in a round about way, trying to get to the point that Slash and Duff are no longer members of GNR, thanks for the info but I don't recall anybody saying they were.

Question 3, the reason everyones getting their knickers in a twist, "Has Steven called the gig a GN'R reunion?" NO, how many times do you need telling? Steven has not called it a GNR reunion show, nor has anybody else involved with the gig!

I'm guessing you just put question 4 in there for shits and giggles, it's neither relevant nor answerable. "Will Axl be putting out a new CD soon under the name Guns N' Roses?" ?rofl You can't possibly expect a serious answer to that question? Not even God knows the answer to that question.

As for question 7, well I'm sure Steven has talked BS in the past most people have, but I don't know for sure, do you? Have you got any evidence to support your theory he talks nothing but BS?

Good attempt. Unfortunately I can't give you full marks because you have just demonstrated that you have little comprehension of the issues at hand.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2007, 09:17:23 AM »

will you spank me if I submiss?

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2007, 09:17:33 AM »

Good attempt. Unfortunately I can't give you full marks because you have just demonstrated that you have little comprehension of the issues at hand.

Translation - I have no answer to the points you made, so I will have to resort to going back to being a sarcastic smart ass again. ?ok

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2007, 09:20:52 AM »

Translation - I have no answer to the points you made, so I will have to resort to going back to being a sarcastic smart ass again. ?ok

I prefer answering Fuckin Crazy's comment rather than reply to your limited grasp on the subject......

I'm actually quite submissive....... Shocked

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2007, 09:33:04 AM »

Damn! ... If I were on the other side of the world ... we would get nowhere.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2007, 11:04:33 AM »

If people just come here to go on and on about how great it was in 1987, then I will question what kind of fans they are and if they think they're on the right web site.

Easy as that.

I love the music Guns N' Roses has created in the past, but that doesn't mean I need to put down the current band.

/jarmo

Agreed if they put down the old band.     But talking about what the exmembers are doing is not a put down to the new band and it shouldn't question what kind of fan you are to the new band if one supports the new band.   If that is how you feel then why have an ex gunners section.   I am seriously asking a question not trying to start a fight or anything.  I really want to know why some fans of the new band, as am I an complete fan of them,  feels the need to say if you discuss the ex members or anything about what THEY have done in the past in their band GNR back then, why does that insinuate that we are putting down the new band or disrepecting them.   

Especially if Izzy is friends now with Axl and has joined him on stage.  We talk about that, is that considered putting down the new band.   It was great in 1987 and that should never not be questioned, how is saying that bashing the new band.   I enjoyed the concerts, I want CD to come out, I loved how they played AFD but I am not gonna say it wasn't great when the original GNR was together because I love the new gnr.

It really doesn't make sense what you are trying to say.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2007, 12:03:11 PM »

I've explained many times it in the past few days.

This is Steven Adler trying to cause publicity for his show by fooling GN'R fans into thinking he's got some kind of "GN'R reunion" happening.

I don't want part in that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2007, 12:22:38 PM »

This is Steven Adler trying to cause publicity for his show by fooling GN'R fans into thinking he's got some kind of "GN'R reunion" happening.

/jarmo

Then it shouldn't be a problem talking about it after the event is over right? I mean, then you needn't be worried about Steven using Axl's name to sell more tickets or whatever...

Fuck 'Em All.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »

Damn! ... If I were on the other side of the world ... we would get nowhere.

LOL, now that was funny, who is writing for you these days?
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2007, 03:59:47 PM »

People who still expect the old lineup to reform are not supporting the current band. You want the new CD out? Well, start living in the present.

precisely the point.? right on.

How does this event have anything to do with this statement.? It's simply celebrating the 20th Anniversary of AFD [THEIR ALBUM, THEIR BAND BACK THEN THAT THEY CREATED and some of the original members may be there and have every right to celebrate this legendary album, that the current GNR plays every night on their tour.? ?This in no way takes anything away or is disrepectful to GNR now, could it cause people to get their hopes up that a full blown reunion could take place, sure it could but reunion talk has been around for years and years.? ? As I said before, it just shows how insecure fans are of the new band to have this rattle them so much or say it's a taboo subject even in the ex member section cuz it will stir up more reunion talk.? ?Not for nothing, then don't have a exmember section.?

I happen to be fans of both, I love the new band, I love the original members, but this is something that is THEIRS, like it or not and is apart of GNR history, without that you wouldn't have GNR now, hell you wouldn't have a setlist now.?

Read my whole quote about how I think the so called reunion talk may be disssing the current band. It was in response to estranged Paul who couldn't see how the comments would affect the current line up. You may have to go back one page to read the whole quote.....

It has nothing to do with the current lineup. The idea that Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff can't play a gig together here and there because it might hurt poor Frank Ferrer's feelings is absurd. They're professionals with a lot more respect for the ex-members than you do.

You obviously aren't a performer then. No wonder my point went way over your head.

Actually, I have played gigs in the past - I don't expect ex-members to never play together again after they leave my band. Coz that would be rediculous.

The current lineup have just had an amazing and highly successful tour in Japan. Why the hell would they be insecure about Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven playing together. It's nothing to do with them, whatsoever. Izzy played with all these guys last year, he wouldn't be speculating about doing this if he thought it would disrespect them.

You haven't actually explained why the current members of Guns N' Roses would care about this gig or why it would bother them.
If you honestly think that these 4 guys are doing this just to annoy the current members of GnR you need your head examined. They have every right to celebrate the anniversary of this album and have a lot of fun if they wish.

1) Axl, Ron, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Chris, Dizzy, Frank, Brain
2) They left through mutual agreement.
3) No.
4) Axl, Ron, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Chris, Dizzy, Frank and Brain will hopefully be putting a new album out soon as Guns N' Roses. There is more to the current lineup than Axl. Look who's being disrespectful to the current lineup now.
5) Velvet Revolver
6) Yep, but he is still has rights to play the songs.
7). Yep, but Izzy isn't and he has backed up Steven's claims.

Now that I've answered your pointless quiz, can you please explain how Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven playing some old gnr songs together to celebrate the 20th anniversary of AFD is disrespectful to the current members?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 04:10:05 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »

If people just come here to go on and on about how great it was in 1987, then I will question what kind of fans they are and if they think they're on the right web site.

Easy as that.

I love the music Guns N' Roses has created in the past, but that doesn't mean I need to put down the current band.

/jarmo

I think most people who are here now love the current band (the vast majority love the music they have created) and very few put down the current band anymore (they've proved themselves through the tour) just that some people have a problem with the way things are run in a business sense and with setlists. I'm not saying they're right, but this is not an issue of new vs. old. Its 4 guys coming together to play some songs together, it really has nothing to do with the current gnr. I don't see why you see this as putting down the new band.

/jarmo

He said seperately he hopes a reunion of the AFD lineup of GnR would happen one day. It's understandabe because he has nothing else going for him. But, when talking about the gig itself, he didn't say it was a gnr reunion. He said Slash, Duff and Izzy will be there. Read it again.

Four questions:

1) How are you so sure they won't be there?
2) How do you explain Izzy saying he may well be there? Is he untrustworthy?
3) Will you apologise and admit you're wrong for saying Steven is lying if the three guys do turn up?
4) Putting current politics aside, are you not at least a little excited about the prospect of these four guys playing some old gnr songs together again for the first time in about 16/17 years?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 04:21:55 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2007, 11:47:09 AM »

I haven't reaaaaad the whole thread but just to testify this

It did create a little confusion here in japan when mr. adler suggested re-union in april as there isn't a htght in japanese, I guess and it is leading to a  confusion again.

Many sites reported this article and there are quite a few comments from confused japanese fans like 'well I'd love a reunion but I want to see the new band more....as they kickass....I feel being in a fix'.
Redbaron
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2007, 12:16:28 PM »

Seems fair enough - it's a pretty lame attempt at patronizing you anyway. But if you could spell out the 'issues at hand'....

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2007, 01:28:28 PM »

I have waded through all 9 pages, and counting...

I would like to put some things in perspective and to offer my 2 cents, for what it is worth (I know, it is only worth 2 cents, but with the decline in the value  of the dollar, it is worth even less):

1. If Jarmo does not want to fan (verb) the flames of a "reunion" on his website, he can do so. He made it clear he does not to participate in anything that suggests a reunion. That is his right and there is not much to discuss. Whether it is a reunion or something else--really, the semantics are not that important--or whether Steven is a liar, or used the venue to sell tickets, etc etc. is irrelevant. The bottom line is that Jarmo can choose to promote or not any news he deems fit. You don't have to agree, and if you don't, there are loads of other sites where such topics can be discussed.

2. As for the subsidiary issues that arose--what is a fan, are you fan, how is fan (noun) defined, let me offer this:
a. it is presumptuous for one person to decide for  another whether person 1 is a fan or not. Only each person can decide for himself/herself whether he/she is a fan or not.
b. to try to define a fan by a list of questions is beyond idiotic.
c. the more expansive the definition of a fan, the better. I would be happy with  a definition along the lines of "a person who has an interest in (the band, the team, etc) and follows news about them." Period.
d. the fun of being of a "fan" is the ability to discuss the positive and the negative. Based upon the definition offered in point c, being a fan does not require blind loyalty nor does it preclude criticism. That what being a fan is--having an interest, even a passion, and being to express your  thoughts. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: