Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:33:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  VR section
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR section  (Read 41338 times)
CSS
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2007, 09:35:37 AM »

Lol and what does it have to do with anything?

Uhm...

If I'm not mistaken, you were taking a swing at Richard Fortus and Robin Finck because they play "Beautiful" during their solo.

And my point was that the song wasn't written by Christina Aguilera.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »

Not to attack anyone in particular but this thread is pretty absurd. Who cares where the VR section is? And I am a fan of VR. I am guessing it was a move done because of all the animosity on the board, altho I don't believe it is going to help any of that. But really if you think about it that's probably where all the VR information on the board should have been to begin with 5 years ago. I don't like that there is no more VR news on the front page of the site tho, I think that's kinda lame but hell whatever it's not my website.

What is odd is that a Bumble Foot Guitar sweepstakes, or a Tommy Solo album info is front page worthy. Or maybe even an Izzy update (Izzy is not an official member of GNR). But when Slash or Duff do something, no mention. Even if GNR related. Just don't see how Izzy is more important than Slash or Duff. Either you are in GNR or not. And as far as I know, Izzy is not.

no, but he's friends with Axl. that's what counts.

and CSS, Richard Fortus have played with Aguilera. dunno if it was for touring or for albums, but that's what Ines is referring to.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »

and CSS, Richard Fortus have played with Aguilera.

if he has, good for him.  She has such a great voice and I'm sure it was a great gig for him.   You gotta remember he is like 40 years old and GnR is the biggest thing he's ever been in, and I truly think GnR is where he belongs.   He's been a musican for many many years and its how he's made his living.    Can't knock someone for making a living.   I get pissed when people give me shit on what I do for a living.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2007, 10:08:55 AM »

Not to attack anyone in particular but this thread is pretty absurd. Who cares where the VR section is? And I am a fan of VR. I am guessing it was a move done because of all the animosity on the board, altho I don't believe it is going to help any of that. But really if you think about it that's probably where all the VR information on the board should have been to begin with 5 years ago. I don't like that there is no more VR news on the front page of the site tho, I think that's kinda lame but hell whatever it's not my website.

What is odd is that a Bumble Foot Guitar sweepstakes, or a Tommy Solo album info is front page worthy. Or maybe even an Izzy update (Izzy is not an official member of GNR). But when Slash or Duff do something, no mention. Even if GNR related. Just don't see how Izzy is more important than Slash or Duff. Either you are in GNR or not. And as far as I know, Izzy is not.

no, but he's friends with Axl. that's what counts.

and CSS, Richard Fortus have played with Aguilera. dunno if it was for touring or for albums, but that's what Ines is referring to.

exactly. that was my point  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
CSS
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2007, 10:10:33 AM »

He did?

My bad, I didn't know that.

I'm sorry, Ines.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2007, 10:12:56 AM »

He did?

My bad, I didn't know that.

I'm sorry, Ines.

no problem  ok  this is just a forum anyway... no need to get angry at each other for stupid things  Smiley

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
CSS
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2007, 10:15:52 AM »

no problem? ok? this is just a forum anyway... no need to get angry at each other for stupid things? Smiley

Exactly.

I only posted because I thought you were taking a swing at Richard and Robin.

And what difference does it make if you play with pop stars? I mean, what Slash did was pretty damn good.

Well... As I said, I didn't know about Aguilera - but I knew about N'Sync and Iglesias.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2007, 10:24:41 AM »

no problem  ok  this is just a forum anyway... no need to get angry at each other for stupid things  Smiley

And what difference does it make if you play with pop stars? I mean, what Slash did was pretty damn good.

Well... As I said, I didn't know about Aguilera - but I knew about N'Sync and Iglesias.

The difference is that one of them made it for a living as a studio guitar player and the other one was cashing out his GN'R fame with "artists" like Paulina Rubio, Elan, Daughtry etc. etc...

And don't tell me Slash needs money as well when Steven Adler can live only on the AFD sales...

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2007, 10:28:30 AM »

Exactly.

I only posted because I thought you were taking a swing at Richard and Robin.

I dont see problems at all... the thing is... the way this forum has turned up... you either end up in one side, defending it and mocking the other... well... I wish it could end but... you know lol guess it never will  Undecided

CSS
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2007, 10:56:16 AM »

And don't tell me Slash needs money as well when Steven Adler can live only on the AFD sales...

I won't, believe me.

I'm just saying that the songs were great.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2007, 01:34:22 PM »

And Christina Aguilera. Oh no! Sorry... that wasn?t Slash.

Too bad that "Beautiful" wasn't written by her, it's a cover.

Snap...

Actually I heard someplace I believe that 4tus and some buddys wrote it or something stupid like that. He's got writing credits I believe on it. I duno...

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2007, 02:34:02 PM »

Beautiful was written by Linda Perry but originally sung by Christina Aguilera.

OK, I'm done.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2007, 02:40:13 PM »

Beautiful was written by Linda Perry but originally sung by Christina Aguilera.
Yeah.? Linda Perry is the only name credited on the music sheets.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=34286.0

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2007, 09:05:11 PM »

The difference is that one of them made it for a living as a studio guitar player and the other one was cashing out his GN'R fame with "artists" like Paulina Rubio, Elan, Daughtry etc. etc...

See how when current members do something as simple as studio session work its great and good but when ex members do it oh its them cashing in on their GNR fame. I think all studio work by both Fortus and Slash is pretty cool , but I'm sorry Nysnc thats sort of...well gay.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2007, 01:49:51 AM »

See how when current members do something as simple as studio session work its great and good but when ex members do it oh its them cashing in on their GNR fame. I think all studio work by both Fortus and Slash is pretty cool , but I'm sorry Nysnc thats sort of...well gay.

See how you refuse to see the difference just cause you love Slash too much?

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2007, 02:11:56 AM »

Having a different OPINION and not seeing the difference are not the same. Slash does session work just to do it , i doubt he needs money. I've always thought NSYNC was gay , before I knew fortus even did work with them. Jimmy Page did loads of session work , but i guess he was cashing in on his zeppelin fame. I also heard Axl will be on Seb's new album , cashing in on GNR fame right?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2007, 02:20:40 AM »

Having a different OPINION and not seeing the difference are not the same. Slash does session work just to do it , i doubt he needs money. I've always thought NSYNC was gay , before I knew fortus even did work with them. Jimmy Page did loads of session work , but i guess he was cashing in on his zeppelin fame. I also heard Axl will be on Seb's new album , cashing in on GNR fame right?

This is a joke, right?

It's either money or a favour to the record company for Slash... He doesn't do session work just to do it...

Doing session work with Paulina Rubio, Elan, Blackstreet or Daughtry is not "gay" but Nsync is "gay"?

How many of Page's session works do you think are "gay"? Is Sebastian Bach "gay"?

Please... Don't insult our intelligence...

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2007, 02:28:26 AM »

This is a joke, right?

It's either money or a favour to the record company for Slash... He doesn't do session work just to do it...

Doing session work with Paulina Rubio, Elan, Blackstreet or Daughtry is not "gay" but Nsync is "gay"?

How many of Page's session works do you think are "gay"? Is Sebastian Bach "gay"?

Yea because Slash is always in it for the money? hahahah He doesn't do session just to do it? How do you know? Actually yes I think NSYNC where a gay band. Daughtry can at least sing decently , Elan is decent , Rubio is fucking hot hahahahaha. I just dont see why Fortus is ok , but Slash is just in it for the money and blah blah blah.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2007, 02:38:38 AM »

Yea because Slash is always in it for the money? hahahah He doesn't do session just to do it? How do you know? Actually yes I think NSYNC where a gay band. Daughtry can at least sing decently , Elan is decent , Rubio is fucking hot hahahahaha. I just dont see why Fortus is ok , but Slash is just in it for the money and blah blah blah.

Nope, he's not ALWAYS in it for the money, I'm not talking about a session with Billy Idol or Paul Rodgers here.

The difference is that when Fortus did the work on the Nsync record, you only knew Nsync. The reason is that Fortus was just a payed musician. That is not "gay". That is called a job. People work for money.

If he did the Nsync thing today, I'd call it gay as well. Cause he is a Guns N' Roses member.

But being Slash and "contributing" for such "artists" as Elan (decent? did you listen to the rest of her album? Or the rest of the song, besides Slash's solo?), Paulina Rubio (Hot? Lots think Britney Spears was hot as well, maybe he'll do some sessions with her too) and Daughtry (American Idol... No need to go further) is "gay".

Cause you're a fuckin legend from your work with GN'R.

And you know people will buy the damn record just cause you play in it. That's why you do it for money (cashing out fame) or as a favour to the record company...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2cSgdZegDM

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2007, 05:26:07 AM »

The only artist that I don't like at all of the bunch is Paulina Rubio, and I don't understand why he did that. The Elan song (in addition to the two others I've heard from her album) was good in my opinion. The Blackstreet song was good as far as that type of music goes. While I haven't heard Daughtry's album, I've heard him sing, and if the record label hasn't completely castrated him, he has an amazing voice and with the right songs sounds amazing. I have no problem with that.

The following not directed at AG, but just thrown in the air for something to think about:

Why shouldn't an artist be allowed to work for whoever he wants? Why shouldn't an artist be allowed to do a favor for the record company if they ask for one? Why are those things selling out? How does that make a guy at a VR concert enjoy Slash's solos or riffs any less than if he hadn't performed on a song that deviates from the stuff he generally does. Why is working with N'Sync gay if it's a job and you get paid for it? Maybe his ego doesn't shatter from doing something that isn't concidered by a bunch of no face 'fans' as being 'cool' and 'rock' or whateverthefuck category you feel like pushing them into. Again, I feel like there's something I'm not getting 'cause I don't understand why the guitarists should be compared like it's a competition. The one can never be the other. For so many reasons. So why even try and make your own, and everyone else's life more difficult because of something as fucking trivial as this?

Again.. This is not an attack on anyone in particular.. Just an observation and a bunch of questions that I would like someone answer me.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: