Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:24:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  ? FOR JARMO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ? FOR JARMO  (Read 28369 times)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »

Blind loyalty hahah the whole " this year is the year and if not they don't owe us anything " attitude makes no sense....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 08:10:38 PM »

Blind loyalty hahah the whole " this year is the year and if not they don't owe us anything " attitude makes no sense....

When you actually grow up a bit, you might understand.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 08:14:51 PM »

it aint fuckin blind loyalty.   as fans we aren't owed anything.   if we are fans,  I would think we would be more positive about things than negative.  Yes it sucks the album hasn't come out yet and its not guaranteed to come out this year.   Just because the album isnt out yet doesn't mean they don't deserve our support.  and even if the album doesn't come out in 2007, doesn't mean they owe us anything.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2007, 09:06:25 PM »

it aint fuckin blind loyalty.   as fans we aren't owed anything.   if we are fans,  I would think we would be more positive about things than negative.  Yes it sucks the album hasn't come out yet and its not guaranteed to come out this year.   Just because the album isnt out yet doesn't mean they don't deserve our support.  and even if the album doesn't come out in 2007, doesn't mean they owe us anything.

As fans the artist should deliver. Thats great being positive and all but it comes to a point where it is blind loyalty , you just are saying they have my 110% support if they do NOTHING thats fine. If you want to support a band that never releases a CD and thrives of previous line ups songs thats GREAT for you but I'd rather not. Fans give their money and time to a band , they are owed something back.

To Jarmo , yeah thats a great defensive.....
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 09:30:32 PM »

Even better, it's true! ok
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »

Even better, it's true! ok

Yes , because obviously with age I will see the light. Sorry don't buy it , being a musician I owe every single one of any fan that I have a music product , and a certain work ethic without them I am nothing. If you guys think Axl would be anywhere with out fans you are wrong , he owes it to them.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 10:25:08 PM »

Yeah, you owe me.

You owe me posts that actually make some sense.

Start delivering.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 11:01:51 PM »

Yeah, you owe me.

Start delivering.

/jarmo

Have I ever given you any of my money? Nope , there fore I don't owe you anything and you don't us nothing. You could take the VR section away , you can make this site rules absurd its your right and you don't owe it to board members to make it how they want. In a musicians case it is very different.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 11:12:53 PM »

Yeah, you owe me.

Start delivering.

/jarmo

Have I ever given you any of my money? Nope , there fore I don't owe you anything and you don't us nothing. You could take the VR section away , you can make this site rules absurd its your right and you don't owe it to board members to make it how they want. In a musicians case it is very different.

How is it different?

You pay for a cd or concert ticket, and you get a product. A cd or a show.

Does the baker owe you too? How about the plumber?

I'm sure they've all bough house, apartments, cars and lots of useless junk with money they made off you!

Aren't you fucking pissed? All these people owe you!

A musician offers his/her art. Maybe they become successful because people like what they do.

Just like a regular person can have a career. You can get promoted and make more money. Maybe even travel in your job and see the world.

Yet I don't see you whining about how Bill Gates owes you because he made all that fucking money.

/jarmo

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2007, 11:23:55 PM »

Yeah, you owe me.

Start delivering.

/jarmo

How is it different?

You pay for a cd or concert ticket, and you get a product. A cd or a show.

Does the baker owe you too? How about the plumber?

I'm sure they've all bough house, apartments, cars and lots of useless junk with money they made off you!

Aren't you fucking pissed? All these people owe you!

A musician offers his/her art. Maybe they become successful because people like what they do.

Just like a regular person can have a career. You can get promoted and make more money. Maybe even travel in your job and see the world.

Yet I don't see you whining about how Bill Gates owes you because he made all that fucking money.

/jarmo

They don't owe us money , they owe us a product. Bill Gates owes product , So does Axl and he isn't delivering...
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 11:26:55 PM »

Dude have you already paid for a copy of Cd . I Do think Axl and the rest of the band owe us and themselves to put this thing out. especially after the whole 06 for sure shit from Axl.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 11:27:37 PM »

Dude have you already paid for a copy of Cd . I Do think Axl and the rest of the band owe us and themselves to put this thing out. especially after the whole 06 for sure shit from Axl.

Thats what I'm saying , No i haven't paid but he owes it a release...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 12:08:48 AM »

Yes , because obviously with age I will see the light. Sorry don't buy it , being a musician I owe every single one of any fan that I have a music product , and a certain work ethic without them I am nothing. If you guys think Axl would be anywhere with out fans you are wrong , he owes it to them.

Perhaps you are underestimating his work ethic?

Could it be that he only wants to put out the best possible work that he can for his fans? Are you not willing to wait for that? Or are you now going to define "work ethic" in order to fit what you want?

Would you like a tv dinner? Or a meal prepared by one of the best Chefs in town? One takes 3 minutes, and the other may take well over an hour from the time you sit down.

You should realize that it is a two way street. Without fans blah blah blah..yea. But without a great product, he would not have fans in the first place. He doesn't owe you anything, because it's his talent that created what you like in the first place. Not the other way around.

A general rule of thumb, in life, is that nobody owes you jack shit anyway. I'd recommend you remember that, or prepare to be disappointed quite often.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 05:34:41 AM »

A general rule of thumb, in life, is that nobody owes you jack shit anyway.

My ex-wife owes me some action, and I still have the IOU to prove it. hihi

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2007, 06:09:09 AM »

As fans the artist should deliver. Thats great being positive and all but it comes to a point where it is blind loyalty , you just are saying they have my 110% support if they do NOTHING thats fine. If you want to support a band that never releases a CD and thrives of previous line ups songs thats GREAT for you but I'd rather not. Fans give their money and time to a band , they are owed something back.

you are absolutely absurd.   i dont know why you come here everyday and waste your time if you don't even want to support the band.   maybe you should jus forget about it and then you wont feel like you are owed anything.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 09:04:51 AM »

I honestly feel I am owed an snow-blower...I'm an AFD'er.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 12:42:49 PM »

you are absolutely absurd.   i dont know why you come here everyday and waste your time if you don't even want to support the band.   maybe you should jus forget about it and then you wont feel like you are owed anything.

Im not wasting my time , I support the band where have I said I didn't. I want to see the band release CD , I want to see the band get respect for being themselves not playing old GNR songs , I want them to make their OWN mark in music history. But it isn't happening is it? I wont give them everything If im getting nothing. I support the band to an extent , if any one of the other bands I like took this long to make a record I'd be equally as pissed. Youre not going to drive me away from this board , I've met some cool people and had some great convo's.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 02:07:45 PM »

In your post you keep saying "I want".

I think that sums it up right there.

Define a fan anyway. Define "support". I'm a big fan, saw every show I could. I am bummed the album still isn't out, but I don't think these guys "owe" me anything. On the contrary they already "gave" me a whole lot, ie kickass rock shows.

I'm still a fan, even though no album is out, and when the album comes, I'll still be a fan. I don't gauge my "support" or feel that I am any more of a fan than the next guy. That just seems silly.

What is "giving 110%", what does that mean? Hanging out on various MBs, stating you are a fan ? Seeing them in concert? Wearing GnR underwear? What catapults you into 110% club? Somebody who is so much more of a fan, that the band actually owe them something?

I remember seeing them in LV (second time), and I'm talking to this dipshit who says "Axl needs us, (implying emotionally in this conversation), he's here because we help him". Obviously this guy was on another planet, a mental superfan who actually believed that Axl was there to see him, and not the other way around. I can assure you that whatever reason Axl was there that night, it wasn't to see us for emotional support.

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2007, 02:13:31 PM »

Define a fan anyway. Define "support". I'm a big fan, saw every show I could. I am bummed the album still isn't out, but I don't think these guys "owe" me anything. On the contrary they already "gave" me a whole lot, ie kickass rock shows.

I'm still a fan, even though no album is out, and when the album comes, I'll still be a fan. I don't gauge my "support" or feel that I am any more of a fan than the next guy. That just seems silly.

What is "giving 110%", what does that mean? Hanging out on various MBs, stating you are a fan ? Seeing them in concert? Wearing GnR underwear? What catapults you into 110% club? Somebody who is so much more of a fan, that the band actually owe them something?

I remember seeing them in LV (second time), and I'm talking to this dipshit who says "Axl needs us, (implying emotionally in this conversation), he's here because we help him". Obviously this guy was on another planet, a mental superfan who actually believed that Axl was there to see him, and not the other way around. I can assure you that whatever reason Axl was there that night, it wasn't to see us for emotional support.

How does I want sum ANYTHING up? I'm still a fan even though an album isn't out , but I will dock them on it because it should be out the shit about Axl's work ethic is not flying by me anymore. Some people are bigger fans than others? it's not that hard to fathom.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2007, 02:18:18 PM »

How does I want sum ANYTHING up? I'm still a fan even though an album isn't out , but I will dock them on it because it should be out the shit about Axl's work ethic is not flying by me anymore. Some people are bigger fans than others? it's not that hard to fathom.

All was missed.

What is your age?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: