Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:14:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)  (Read 42056 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« on: October 18, 2003, 10:24:07 AM »

So you locked the GNFR.COM thread, huh?  For what reason?  Oh yes, it was becoming 'chatroom like' - not like 100 other threads here dont do the same thing.

You deleted my thread that outed Danny - a thread who's SOLE PURPOSE was to show you all that you were being totally fucked with by some dweeb with an agenda.  But nope, darknemus posted it, its got to go!

You even locked the Latigo thread on the main page - because God forbid someone be able to ask questions about a subject or be allowed to openly analyze data.  

What the FUCK is wrong with me posting my observations?  my analysis?  my opinions?  Everyone else seems to be able to do it with a blank check.  Everyone else seems to be able to say 'heres something I heard from a friends cousins niece's babysitter, and its accepted.  The Jungle section was there SPECIFICALLY for off-topic threads.  is GNFR.COM like, not off-topic enough or something?

Whether the site is related to the band or not (of which I dont have any clue, and have stated as such several times) - its still an INTERESTING SUBJECT for people.  Do I ever disrespect someone who says 'haha that is bogus shit haha you dumb motherfuckers!' - Not at all.  They're as entitled to their opinion as everyone else in this world.  I POST ANALYSIS - WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ANALYSIS???

Jesus H. Christ - people are interested.  The threads get TONS of reads.  People want to participate, people want to assist - maybe, just maybe, someone has the ability to come up with something that is the KEY to unraveling the purpose behind the site.  I dont care if its some 12 year old on their mom's DSL line running it - the bottom line is, my search and intention is a SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH.

You know, you can have all the bias you want.  You can hate me because of Latigo, you can hate me because of GNFR.. fuck it, you can hate me because you dont like the way I style my hair.  But I deal in cold, hard facts.  And the cold, hard facts here are you dont follow your own rules and guidelines.  

Please dont tell me that you call yourself a true fan of the enigma that is Guns n' Roses, Jarmo.  Because if you really, really did - then you'd know that said enigma behaves very very strangely.  And if that strange behavior involves a website put together for some sort of marketing campaign (as CONFIRMED BY A SANCTUARY PERSON IN A FACE TO FACE CONVERSATION LAST YEAR) and you don't have the ability to at least accept it as a possibility, then you're not a fan.  You're an ignoramus.

I rarely get emotional in my posts.  I lay out the facts as I see them and allow for others to analyze and interpret those facts.  However, now, yes, I'm emotional.  YOU'RE DAMN FUCKING RIGHT I'M EMOTIONAL! - I have, on and off, given over a year of my life to that site and the intricacies therein.  I have CHOSEN TO DO THIS.  Others have CHOSEN TO DO IT TOO.  NO ONE IS FORCING THIS ON ANYONE.  Some people like the concept of a good mystery, of a good chase, of a good treasure hunt.  The results of the hunt aren't important - its the thrill of the chase.  Its the 'wow, whats next' factor.  You've decided, in your infinite mod wisdom, to take that away from people.

Run your board how you want - at the end of the day, you are no better a person than anyone else in this world, any of you.

I try to be nice.  I try to explain my side.  I try to be fair, be balanced, be objective.  For a change, why dont you try that approach, too.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Saffron
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 10:40:20 AM »

Ok, I don't often post, but as this thread is, undoubtedly, going to get locked and/or deleted...

I'd just like to make one point:  If you have so much of a problem about this at least have the guts to just come out and ban darknemus for personal reasons. If you're not going to go as far as banning him then for fucks sake get over the whole Latigo thing and start looking at different topics on their own merit, if they then break your board rules, fair enough. At least be honest about what's going on here...

Saff

When all I needed was clarity
And someone to tell me
What the fuck is going on...
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 10:45:29 AM »

I don't normally post long and carefully thought-out posts.

And I'm not going to start now.  Cheesy

Jarmo, stop being a tit. . .  Undecided

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 10:47:34 AM »

I don't agree with everything dark says above.  I've always been of the mind that it's jarmo's board, so jarmo's rules.  He can do whatever the fuck he wants modding the board. If he wants to lock/delete/move a topic based on the phase of the moon, he has the right to do it.

That being said, I don't see how the gnfr.com thread deserved to be locked.  jarmo says it was becoming "too chatroom-like".  First off, I disagree.  I DO think many of the same people posted to the thread, because we were the ones doing the poking around the site.  However, just from the "reads" count, it's obvious we weren't the only people READING the thread.  It sure looked like there was a lot of interest in the thread from people NOT posting in it.  Second, the thread didn't break any of the board rules as they are posted.  We all said, many times, the site could be BS.  No one was defrauding anyone, or mis-leading anyone, or flaming anyone.  I can't, for the life of me, think of a single solitary reason the thread should've been "legitamately" closed.  Now, if it was closed simply because the mods decided they wanted to close it because they were "sick of it"...well, like I said, jarmo's yard, jarmo's rules.  But I sure would think the members of the board would at least like to KNOW that's the real reason....

And I'm going to implore jarmo one more time to unlock it.  It's not doing any harm to anyone...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 11:15:25 AM »

First, Latigo thread was locked because people working for Axl said that guy IS NOT AXL ROSE!

I've never said I was better than anybody else. So I don't care what you think of me..... Sorry!

Your "not being a fan" comments doesn't bother me at all.

This isn't a democracy where we vote about everything. We have the right to decide what goes on the board and we decided to use that right on your thread. Besides, most of the mods wanted that thing gone......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 11:22:55 AM »

I am fairly certain that 'most of the mods' who wanted it gone dont even have a clue what its all about.  If they'd separate their personal 'i dont like darknemus' bias away from the threads content for a minute, maybe they'd see what we're trying to do.

So, basically, you're admitting that the thread violated no rules and that it was only locked because most of the mods 'wanted it that way'.  

Democracy or not, dude, thats fucked up.  What about what some of the other people on the board want?  What about the people that ARE interested?  I mean, I guess that leaves more room for threads like 'the penis game', though, huh?

What I 'think' about you isn't really relevant.  I've thought, in the past, you retained the ability to remain objective when in powerplay mode.  I was obviously wrong.  My 'not being a fan' comment came from my anger.. I am seething over this, because, I think that the treatment is unfair.  My opinion, entitled to it, bla bla.

-darknemus

« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 11:25:49 AM by darknemus » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 11:31:23 AM »

I am fairly certain that 'most of the mods' who wanted it gone dont even have a clue what its all about.  If they'd separate their personal 'i dont like darknemus' bias away from the threads content for a minute, maybe they'd see what we're trying to do.

Did you just try to make the mods seem like idiots?

People might want pics from rotten.com, but that's not gonna happen on this board either.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2003, 11:34:26 AM »

No, I tried (and have succeeded) to make the mods seem subjective and not objective.  There's a distinct difference.  In this specific, case, though - Its a point that I can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, and even cite examples.  I'd rather not go there, though - as then it will just get alot nastier - and I much prefer a civil tone.

Try a bit of reason every now and again, Jarmo - it works wonders.

-darknemus

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2003, 11:35:12 AM »

"This isn't a democracy where we vote about everything. We have the right to decide what goes on the board and we decided to use that right on your thread. Besides, most of the mods wanted that thing gone......"

Absolutely true. However, up to this point, I think you've been relatively fair about what threads stay open, and what threads get locked...basing those decisions on the rules that are posted.  This time...well, it looks like the mods are "playing god" for no other reason than because they can.  And again, that's fine.  I disagree, but it's certainly your right to do it.  However, I think it also fair that you let the membership know that this is now going to be the norm for modding the board...that you will be locking threads based on whim, rather than published rules.  At least let the membership decide if they want to "live" under those restrictions....

Honestly, jarmo, I've defended your "modding" decisions before, because they've always seemed fair.  I just can't defend the logic behind this one.  I still hold true that it's your yard, your rules...and up until now, your yard has been, by far, the most attractive one to play in BECAUSE of the rules, and the fact you seemed to fairly apply them to just about everyone.  But I'm pretty disappointed in you, and the rest of the mods, this time. Not angry, not seething, just disappointed...because this time, obviously and admittedly, you're locking the thread for no good reason at all.

Edit:
"People might want pics from rotten.com, but that's not gonna happen on this board either."

But posting those pics would violate the rules, as posted..both yours and your providers.  How did the gnfr thread violate any rules? Answer, of course, is it didn't...

And remember one other thing jarmo (and keep in mind, this isn't meant hostily or as a threat): Without keeping in mind what the members/posters want, all you'd have is an empty board...and the mods would be both lonely, and bored.  Obviously, locking the gnfr thread is not going to be the impetus for some mass exodus, but using the "mod powers" in like manner on other threads...that might.  I'd really hate to see the HTGTH community die....I've seen other communities have VERY similar situations occur, and today they're either empty boards no one posts to or they're gone altogether.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 11:41:26 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2003, 11:37:37 AM »

"This isn't a democracy where we vote about everything. We have the right to decide what goes on the board and we decided to use that right on your thread. Besides, most of the mods wanted that thing gone......"

Absolutely true. However, up to this point, I think you've been relatively fair about what threads stay open, and what threads get locked...basing those decisions on the rules that are posted.  This time...well, it looks like the mods are "playing god" for no other reason than because they can.  And again, that's fine.  I disagree, but it's certainly your right to do it.  However, I think it also fair that you let the membership know that this is now going to be the norm for modding the board...that you will be locking threads based on whim, rather than published rules.  At least let the membership decide if they want to "live" under those restrictions....

Honestly, jarmo, I've defended your "modding" decisions before, because they've always seemed fair.  I just can't defend the logic behind this one.  I still hold true that it's your yard, your rules...and up until now, your yard has been, by far, the most attractive one to play in BECAUSE of the rules, and the fact you seemed to fairly apply them to just about everyone.  But I'm pretty disappointed in you, and the rest of the mods, this time. Not angry, not seething, just disappointed...because this time, obviously and admittedly, you're locking the thread for no good reason at all.

I only wish I had the ability to speak so eloquently when I'm angry.  Excellent post.  By the way, I'd be saying that even if I was totally on the other side of the fence on this.  Hipocracy is hipocracy, regardless.

-darknemus

Chris Misfit
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2003, 11:38:27 AM »

Dark: I voted for the thread to be locked, not that it was down to a vote, but opinions were asked. Shut the hell up man, we have nothing against you.

Man, you're funny as fuck.

The thread was locked because foreign trees often find themselves in religous hurling matches.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2003, 11:41:40 AM »

well, it looks like the mods are "playing god" for no other reason than because they can.  

Ok, it was not the Mods who brought up the idea on the board.  
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2003, 11:41:43 AM »

Dark: I voted for the thread to be locked, not that it was down to a vote, but opinions were asked. Shut the hell up man, we have nothing against you.

Man, you're funny as fuck.

The thread was locked because foreign trees often find themselves in religous hurling matches.

A. Don't tell me to 'shut the hell up' as, short of being banned, I'm not going to be silenced.  Sorry, I don't work that way.

B. So, since you offered your opinion on why the thread should be locked, why dont you impart your great wisdom to the rest of us and share that opinion.  I'm sure some people would love to know Chris's reason for wanting a thread locked.  I'll be waiting.

-darknemus

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2003, 11:43:33 AM »

That site is gone, it's back, it's gone, it's back....

It doesn't bring anything to the board. So we got rid off it. It's run its course o this board.

We feel like we don't need that here. If you take it personally, that's your problem.

/jarmo

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2003, 11:45:45 AM »

Again, the penis game is so much more enlightening.

Don't you get it?  The site being gone, back, gone, back, topsy turvy, etc, etc.  is what MAKES it so damn intriguing.  Tell me why you feel you dont need that here - give me a reason other than 'we dont need that here' - is anyone saying the site is official?  Nope.  Is anyone saying its paying off in copies of CD?  Nope.  Its a fun exploration for those of us interested - which, judging by the thread reads.. is alot of folks.

-darknemus

Chris Misfit
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2003, 11:46:20 AM »

B. So, since you offered your opinion on why the thread should be locked, why dont you impart your great wisdom to the rest of us and share that opinion.  I'm sure some people would love to know Chris's reason for wanting a thread locked.  I'll be waiting

I think it's really, really sad.

Just go read the thread, personally I think alot of you need to step out side more.

ping times are all over the place on .54 right now.

Ping statistics for 157.238.95.54:
    Packets: Sent = 72, Received = 72, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 71ms, Maximum = 134ms, Average = 83ms

the majority were low, but the few that were high were WAY high compared to the bottom #.  I still think there's some sort of activity going on with the box - perhaps a connection to upload content or something.

Jesus christ.  Grin
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2003, 11:46:47 AM »

I have some popcorn in the microwave, I can't wait to hear the bullshit excuses.  I swear, this board has the potential to be something special, yet when people discuss somethnig remotely interesting it seems to get locked under the guise of "It's not true" or "It's not relevant".  So why is it then that the main page has such mindless garbage going on?  Isn't damn near everything posted in a thread an opinion anyways?  Chris, you are the funny one....let's see your response to why you voted to have it locked, I can't wait........................
redrose
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2003, 11:47:06 AM »

What is the next step, banning everyone who has something to do with the games of gnfr.com or whatever is/ was on that site?

We just wanna talk and read messages about something and now god damn you all are so childish, you don't even know how, by logging something.

It wasn't a problem when the site opened and everyone was posting here about it, after the latigo thing , it got personal for some and then it was a topic you didn't want to hear or see.

sorry have to say this and i'm not even bodered if i'm going to be banned at all.

You fucking childish dipshits.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2003, 11:49:12 AM »

"It doesn't bring anything to the board. So we got rid off it. It's run its course o this board."

But it certainly doesn't harm it, either..or detract from it. There really isn't any good reason to lock the thread. It's really that simple.  

"I think it's really, really sad.

Just go read the thread, personally I think alot of you need to step out side more."

Chris, in all honestly, who are you to decide what I (or any member) might find interesting? And who are you to decide what I spend my time one?  There are plenty of people in the world that would say the EXACT same thing you did, above, when talking about someone modding a GnR board.  Different Strokes and all that.

Having said that, I've said my piece on the matter.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 11:51:54 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2003, 11:49:46 AM »

B. So, since you offered your opinion on why the thread should be locked, why dont you impart your great wisdom to the rest of us and share that opinion.  I'm sure some people would love to know Chris's reason for wanting a thread locked.  I'll be waiting

I think it's really, really sad.

Just go read the thread, personally I think alot of you need to step out side more.

ping times are all over the place on .54 right now.

Ping statistics for 157.238.95.54:
    Packets: Sent = 72, Received = 72, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 71ms, Maximum = 134ms, Average = 83ms

the majority were low, but the few that were high were WAY high compared to the bottom #.  I still think there's some sort of activity going on with the box - perhaps a connection to upload content or something.

Jesus christ.  Grin

What the hell is wrong with you?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: