Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:23:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No response from Buckethead means...
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No response from Buckethead means...  (Read 8210 times)
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« on: April 02, 2004, 03:48:43 PM »

Seeing as he has not responded to or tried to refute anything that Axl said, I take it that he is guilty as charged. I mean, not that Axl has always been totally forthcoming, but if he put this out and it was lies, wouldn't he be slaughtered in the press? I say no response means Buckethead is guilty, therefore, fuck him.

what do you guys think?

Behold, the evil that men do...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 03:57:01 PM »

he's mute remember!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
estranged.1098
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 04:13:33 PM »

He wasn't mute to tell MTV he was out of GN'R and, of course, his newest tour dates.

Here's what we have:

1) BH claims he left GN'R because GN'R wasn't touring or didn't have an album release.

2) Axl claims he left GN'R because he was possibly only using GN'R to promote himself.

The Facts:

- GN'R hasn't performed live for over a year and the album hasn't been released yet.

- BH is not doing nothing in public like other members of the band (Axl for example), he's keeping himself busy enough not to be bothered about GNR's inactivity. How many albums has he relesead in the past years?

- If BH left because GN'R wasn't touring why would he announce to leave the band 2 months before Rock in Lisboa?

- I'm sure BH album sales have increased since he joined GN'R. I also think it's now much easier for him to tour, and he probably makes more money on touring because of his 4 years in the band.
bill213
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 04:16:25 PM »

I personally don't think Bucket gives a flying crap what Axl says about it............no matter if anyone runs him down it's not gonna take away from his talent and he knows that.  Bucket's got a lot of projects going right now and i'm pretty sure he doesn't have the time to play the gnr blame game.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 04:20:14 PM »

it's not like bh got huge exposure with gnr. they hardly did anything!!!!!

so to say bh was along just to use the gnr name is silly.

bh doesn't seem like he gave a shit about all that anyway...i mean...look at the guy!

axl didn't drop cd, he didn' tour...bh got tired of the bs, contract be damned...and left.

it's not hard to figure out.

who has the history of being a flake?

who always blames shit on other band members??

there are two sides to the story and then there is the truth...

but really? who has the history of pointing the finger?

for the one finger you point, you've got three pointing back at yourself....period.
kockstar99
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 04:20:24 PM »

Fuck him.... Who cares if we hear from him now.. If he says anything ill read it, but i couldn't give a shit less about him now...
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 04:29:37 PM »

I personally don't think Bucket gives a flying crap what Axl says about it............no matter if anyone runs him down it's not gonna take away from his talent and he knows that.  Bucket's got a lot of projects going right now and i'm pretty sure he doesn't have the time to play the gnr blame game.

well, if i run and jump on his hand he will very much be disabled from guitar playing a while...... :p  hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 04:35:49 PM »

Well if thats your school of logic, then I guess you believe that Axl was in an NY hotel room watching a basketball game during the Philly debacle...cause after all, he never responded to it... Roll Eyes

Keep on reaching for them straws  ok
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 05:21:34 PM »

bh doesn't seem like he gave a shit about all that anyway...i mean...look at the guy!

I dont know... if he didn't care about all that then why send a message to MTV? He didn't update them when he joined, did he? Why? Most people didn't know who the fuck he was. So if he didn't care about all that stuff then why send this letter to MTV announcing his latest plans. He never did that before he joined Guns,  but now alot more people know of a guy called Buckethead. Hell, I knew about him before, but I never checked him out til he joined up with Guns...

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 05:48:36 PM »

Well if thats your school of logic, then I guess you believe that Axl was in an NY hotel room watching a basketball game during the Philly debacle...cause after all, he never responded to it... Roll Eyes

Keep on reaching for them straws  ok

Just remember everyone, the basketball game story is bullshit, since it said he wanted to watch the laker's exciting comeback. Funny since he should of been on stage 1 and a half hours before the game started and 3 hrs before the comeback started. He could of done the show and still seen the game if that were the case.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
estranged.1098
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 05:58:52 PM »

Oh, he got plenty of exposure with GNR. They didn't do much but he absolutely became more popular after joining GNR.

I don't even know what the guy's face looks like. When I look at BH I see 'different'. But that does not give anyone the right to assume he gives shit about things.

axl didn't drop cd, he didn' tour...bh got tired of the bs, contract be damned...and left.

That's only one of the facts, that GNR didn't tour and didn't release the album. But you simply chose to ignore the other FACTS.

?

Axl blamed himself in his letter, read again.

for the one finger you point, you've got three pointing back at yourself....period.

What pointing finger? BH just decided to leave GNR now and Axl simply what that means for the band (no Lisboa / album announcement in the next few months). What exactly did he blame on BH other than saying they couldn't go to Lisboa because they're one man short?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 08:34:09 PM »

Oh, he got plenty of exposure with GNR. They didn't do much but he absolutely became more popular after joining GNR.

That's really relative. Who's to say that he cared for it all. He was his own man before and still is the same man after GnR. You are only speculating that he is more popular.

I don't even know what the guy's face looks like. When I look at BH I see 'different'. But that does not give anyone the right to assume he gives shit about things.

It was more in reference to his style overall. Too hard to read between the lines, or do you always look into things 100% literally?

That's only one of the facts, that GNR didn't tour and didn't release the album. But you simply chose to ignore the other FACTS.

Those were my points. I was not avoiding other 'facts'. I was just stating those to make my point.

?

I dunno Huh Uh..maybe...Let me guess here..Axl Rose! Bingo!  Tongue

Axl blamed himself in his letter, read again.

I'm not talking soley about the letter. I'm talking about history repeating himself...er itself. He does in fact blame BH for the no-show in Rio.

What pointing finger? BH just decided to leave GNR now and Axl simply what that means for the band (no Lisboa / album announcement in the next few months). What exactly did he blame on BH other than saying they couldn't go to Lisboa because they're one man short?

That's all I said he blamed him for, ie Rio. Still, again, he is an excuse maker. It's always somebody elses fault.

You sure are a defensive person, or very bored. I'm guessing both. Let other people make their observations, don't be so childish and pick things apart.

Goodbye.

//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2004, 08:48:05 PM »

Maybe BH lost his hand puppet.. that's why he hasn't talk
 hihi
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 08:51:41 PM by jk75 » Logged

//JK
jbreezy
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2004, 10:52:25 PM »

Are you kidding me, I've never posted on here, but I've been reading since the begininning and listening to GNR since I was in 4th grade, I'm 25 now.  But Bucket has SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more recognition because of Axl.  Greatest hits is number 3 right now, that alone shows that GNR still will influence the members solo carreers.  Your response was good..............for me to poop on.
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2004, 11:06:02 PM »

Yeah seriously, to say buckethead has not gained exposure from gnr is a total lie.  The guy is a great guitarist, and well known in his small circles.  He releases a lot of albums and plays a lot of small shows.  Maybe he wasn't in it for the money, or the fame, but he sure as hell gained both.  
I hate to do this, but I think we'll all agree that unfortunately as of late, MTV.com is a good show of popularity, at least in the states.  He doesn't have a single blurb mentioned prior to joining gnr.  Zero.  And he's had plenty of albums out before that.  Face it, the guy was a small time, amazingly talented guitar virtuoso.  Those who knew of him, respected his talent.  For the majority though, he was a fresh face.  Not to mention, the guy's a weirdo.  No one can argue that.  He talks through Herbie, and is a joke among non-gnr fans as far as his image.  I can guarantee you that.

Mike

Mike
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 11:20:04 PM »

Are you kidding me, I've never posted on here, but I've been reading since the begininning and listening to GNR since I was in 4th grade, I'm 25 now.  But Bucket has SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more recognition because of Axl.  Greatest hits is number 3 right now, that alone shows that GNR still will influence the members solo carreers.  Your response was good..............for me to poop on.

Poop on..ok that was funny.

Seriously though, I said huge exposure. Of course he got exposure. But I DO NOT think that BH intentionally got with GnR to get his name out there. He already had a huge underground following, before and after GnR.

You people act like he's HUGE now, just like some of you think GnR is HUGE now. Just because you're on this board talking about these people, doesn't mean they are bigtime like you'd think they are.

I introduce BH to alot of people, and NONE OF THEM knew that he was in GnR..NONE.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2004, 12:35:35 AM »

I don't think he cares really, he makes his own decisions and doesnt take other people's words to heart

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2004, 03:02:05 AM »

Maybe he's making a surprise comeback with Axl at the new opening of KFC in his hometown and doesn't want to say anything.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2004, 07:22:19 AM »

Buckethead started touring with Particle  on 3\31...he's busy being a musician... Catalyst Entertainment is choosing  not to respond to the press  release of Axl Rose, make all  the assumptions that you want, but in the end, deal  with  it...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2004, 09:55:20 AM »

Seriously though, I said huge exposure. Of course he got exposure. But I DO NOT think that BH intentionally got with GnR to get his name out there. He already had a huge underground following, before and after GnR.

Kurt Loder interviewed him on MTV. I'm not sure that would've happened without him being in GN'R. Same thing with the VMAs.

Does anybody remember what happened when GN'R went on tour in 2002? Buckethead's people got fans to pass out flyers etc. at the shows in order to promote his solo releases... Wouldn't you say the GN'R shows were used to sell his products?

I'm not against it, if any member wishes to pass out promo stuff during the shows, go ahead.

But don't say he never used the name to sell records.... Besides, it works both ways. GN'R got some press because they had a guy wearing a bucket on his head playing guitar.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
K-Rock
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2004, 01:50:24 PM »

Buckethead did in fact get more exposure since joining GN'R.  I had never heard of him and still wouldn't have heard of him had he not.  I know own 6 of his cds.

If he wanted to use GN'R to get HUGE then I think he should have stuck around a little while longer as out of all my friends, family, co-workers and acquaintances.....nobody knows who he is unless I've said something.....and even then nobody seems to care.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2004, 06:08:58 PM »

No question BH got more publicity from just being associated with the Guns name, then again, silence doesn't implicate guilt. The guy was a flake...Axl is a flake...it was too flakes floating in the night an' neither could see eye-to-eye, and from what else we've heard, Mr. Head didnt get along well with Robin, who had been there longer and (likely) conrtibuted more to the new material. Is he a great player? Undoubtedly.Will his leaving hurt GNR? If GH sales are any indication, probably not. It's the name now more than the players, and it will be the name that sells new records if they ever see the light of day.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2004, 07:48:22 PM »

Guns N roses fans when Buckethead is in the band.." he is the best guitar player ever,he and Axl are an awesone combination"

Guns N roses fans after Buckethead leaves.. " he was a loser anyway,Axl dont need him."

Just pathetic and delusional

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
estranged.1098
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2004, 08:32:51 PM »

Guns N roses fans when Buckethead is in the band.." he is the best guitar player ever,he and Axl are an awesone combination"

Guns N roses fans after Buckethead leaves.. " he was a loser anyway,Axl dont need him."

Just pathetic and delusional

Great post, just replace "Guns N roses fans" for the nicknames of one or two people.
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2004, 08:20:34 AM »

Well, someone just posted on the dust n bones list that they were working with Buckets management, i guess Catalyst?, and that after the Vancouver show they told him that basically Bucket was doing this to get his name out there and that he didn't want to be associated with the negative energy coming from Gnr.

Anybody read that? I accidentally deleted the actual post.

As far as the silence goes, why wouldn't Buckethead share his side of the story....I guess he figures the fans he made will far outnumber the fans that would say "fuck Bucket!"

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2004, 09:07:32 AM »

Well, someone just posted on the dust n bones list that they were working with Buckets management, i guess Catalyst?, and that after the Vancouver show they told him that basically Bucket was doing this to get his name out there and that he didn't want to be associated with the negative energy coming from Gnr.

Anybody read that? I accidentally deleted the actual post.

Yes I did and I don't think he made it up.

Considering the fact that they did pass out stuff at the shows. But just because his management said that, doesn't mean it's the whole truth. As usual, we can only speculate.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: