Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:44:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just came home from the Buckethead concert in Chicago
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just came home from the Buckethead concert in Chicago  (Read 11929 times)
Annie
« on: April 04, 2004, 04:31:22 AM »

::)Well guys I just returned from the Buckethead concert. I proudly wore my Axl shirt and I was in the front row. I asked the guitar tech to give Bucket my gift of Kermit the frog bucket hats and my note and he said that he would.  I am not sure if Bucket saw me, but he seemed really happy when he came out to jam with Particle and the tech said that he would give Bucket the gift as soon as they started.  I found the perfect card for my note, it was a picture of a chicken in a leather bustier.  In my note I told Buckethead that he had alot of GNR fans who were really sad and diappointed that he left, and that he we want him back because he is one of the world's greatest guitar players. I also told him that his kindness to me in Las Vegas inspired me to reach out to GREAT WHITE guitarist's Ty LOngley's widow and child. Bucket put on a great show. Particle was OK.  So Caligula I kept my promise to you.  beer
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 04:38:24 AM »

right on, i would like to see buckethead live, on the bootlegs he's has these amazingly quick fingers, and i would love to see him live

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 05:22:47 AM »

we don't want buckethead back.
we just want a cd.

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 06:01:41 AM »

well. i still think buckethead is a hell of a guitar player, and anyone who had the chance to heard him knows that. but if he really is the ass hole he is painted out to be. i really don't want him back. i think Axl and the guys have enought problems as it is to deal with a back stabing guy in the band.
and besides, the world is full of great guitar players.
anyway. i think its cool bucket knows how sad GN'R fans are by his recent behaviour. so thanks for getting that sign to him
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 06:07:40 AM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 06:22:58 AM »

we just want a cd.
yeah, just give us CD... fuck Buckethead! John 5 should replace him!!!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 07:28:44 AM »

Now thats a class, might make him think twice

EEEERRRR Little boy
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 07:58:13 AM »

That's really great that whatever he did in Vegas prompted you to reach out to the Great White guitarist...that's what it is all about... ok
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 08:00:57 AM »

Shouldn't this be in the ex-gunners section?

Its a damn shame he's out of GNR..........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 08:40:43 AM »

we just want a cd.
yeah, just give us CD... fuck Buckethead! John 5 should replace him!!!
John 5 in GN'R.. man, never... I'd be very disapointed. If Axl and Buckethead could clarify the things and see what really happend I'd want him back.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 08:41:42 AM by Fuckin' Gunner » Logged

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2004, 09:47:26 AM »

Shouldn't this be in the ex-gunners section?

Its a damn shame he's out of GNR..........

He's still under contract, he stays here.

Damn doesn't a contract mean anything any more?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 09:58:13 AM »

And if we're booting people out of the band for asshole type behavior you know who has to go first.   Tongue

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 10:44:16 AM »

Well, I just was reading a Buckethead reviews over at another forum (Gn'R Bar), so I thought I'd post it here in case anyone has read them yet / for conversation purposes.  Okay, here we go...

The review is by Randall Flagg

From 4/1/04 Minneapolis show at the Cabooze:

OK I'm sober now.

Still a great show, though. Simply amazing, watching someone who is so masterful at his art. I've seen closeups on Slash, Van Halen, and the rest from various concert videos, but BH....man, what can I say?? You simply cannot move your fingers faster than he does. End of story.

At one point, he made like he was gonna shake some hands with the crowd, then he stared at his hand and started doing some robot movements. It was great. He passed out a few action figures, also, to the same crazy music from the GNR shows.

The slap-bass technique on a guitar is something I have not seen before- pretty cool, in my opinion. He also does a lot of work with a custom red button on his all-white gibson les paul. Pressing the button makes the guitar sound cut in and out, and he used it alot to create cool rhythms. Occasionally he has to monkey around with his rhythm machine/guitar amp settings, and while he does this, he continues to play..... With only one hand! The crowd loved it.

Another cool part is a solo he plays with only his left hand, while a bloody head mask is on his right. The mask talks to the audience (mouth even moves, sock puppet-style) throughout the song. Bizarre, and quite difficult to pull off, i imagine.

What am I missing here? Hmm. I'm only a casual BH fan thru Guns, so I recognized what he played at the show, but I couldn't give a setlist. He didn't play Star Wars... He played a hill-billy-ish song I recognized, the entire solo from Las Vegas, i believe, and a lot of stuff I didn't recognize ( I actually don't own any BH albums, just have downloads).

Very diverse crowd, many people familiar with BH songs (moreso than me). Nunchucks got a huge ovation. Again, I can't overstate how bizarre it is to see this guy step off the stage and walk thru a sea of people (to leave)... He's so tall, you can follow him all the way thru the bar and out the door. Just crazy.

BH opened for this band called Particle. I hung around for 20 minutes, but they were lame. They're a jam-band with a pretty good following, but man. It's pretty goddam hard to look good with instrumental jamming, after this Buckethead guy puts on a clinic of how to play guitar. So I left, and I am now nursing one wicked hangover.

He also had this to say about the same show...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Just got back!

Buckethead played for 45 minutes, in a small, enclosed setting. I got inside at 8:30, had a few drinks , then at 9:15, the crowd went nuts. The 6 ft 5 inch man known as Buckethead made his way to the stage.

I was literally 3 feet away from him. The girl to my right had a camcorder (there was no security, it was that small of a club), and she promised me she'd send pics/video to me. I'll do my best to post them here.

Buckethead played the solos you remember from the ill-fated guns tour; those, plus an intangible collection of guitar playing I have never witnessed before. The guy I was with was in shock, watching this genius play. Being that close was like watching Mozart fuck around or something- you could tell it was so easy for him, and he was just playing off the crowd. The nunchucks came and went, the crowd went wild.

After 45 minutes, the man in the raincoat stopped. He set his guitar down and exitted stageleft, in front of everyone. No bows, no waves, no encore. He just walked off, with two security guards leading the way. I asked the doorguy if he had got a chance to talk with Buckethead,,,,he said " Are you kidding? He got here 2 minutes before he hit the stage, and left 1 minute after the show (he walked off the stage and out the back door...Its something to see, watchin a 6'5" man make his way thru a thick crowd to the door...KFC bucket and all.). I offered to help with an amp or two, but the crew said no. There really wasn't that much to haul anyway- it was that small of a show.

Tickets were 14 bucks each, but i got in for free because my friend from junior high (haven't seen him since '93) supplies drugs to the employees of the club. I caught up with him waiting in line at about 8 o'clock pm.... He said "Stick by me, you'll see the Chicken Man." So I did, and I did. Man, that guy can play.

Watching Buckethead play soooooo close up was sooooo cool. His finger range is easily five frets farther than I can reach, given the fact his fingers are built like Arsenio Hall's. One of the show highlight's was when Buckethead slap-bassed on his custom Les Paul to this funky 70's groove. Everyone went nuts- its hard to tell what Buckethead was thinking though, cause you can't see what the fuck his face is doing! But he did this wild robot dance, and held the guitar out while just using his left hand on the frets. Wow. That's all i can say.

I'll try and write more tomorrow when I get to work, when I'm good and sobered up.

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 10:57:23 AM »

one question, how can you tell Buckethead seemed happy? really? its not like the mask is smiling or anything...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
kockstar99
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 11:01:47 AM »

I dont want him back.. Hes left once before, He cant make up his mind? find someone who wants to be the Guns n Roses Guitar player....

I wish i could see him... Im going to return my BH solo cds to him...

ill say to him... "thanks but no thanks"  "I want to hear CD"
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 11:08:25 AM »

I dont want him back.. Hes left once before, He cant make up his mind? find someone who wants to be the Guns n Roses Guitar player....

you know robin left GNR....
so did axl once...

EDIT: not to start any romours, robin came back in 2000...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 11:10:11 AM by Captain P?l » Logged

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2004, 11:25:53 AM »

::)Well guys I just returned from the Buckethead concert. I proudly wore my Axl shirt and I was in the front row. I asked the guitar tech to give Bucket my gift of Kermit the frog bucket hats and my note and he said that he would.  I am not sure if Bucket saw me, but he seemed really happy when he came out to jam with Particle and the tech said that he would give Bucket the gift as soon as they started.  I found the perfect card for my note, it was a picture of a chicken in a leather bustier.  In my note I told Buckethead that he had alot of GNR fans who were really sad and diappointed that he left, and that he we want him back because he is one of the world's greatest guitar players. I also told him that his kindness to me in Las Vegas inspired me to reach out to GREAT WHITE guitarist's Ty LOngley's widow and child. Bucket put on a great show. Particle was OK.  So Caligula I kept my promise to you.  beer

Thank you, Annie! Great work!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2004, 12:34:02 PM »

we just want a cd.

Thats fine but I hope you arent one of the many people who cry that gnr should be a band and isnt.
Its funny how people jump on Axl for the band he put together but when its all said and done they could give two shits about a band and just want a cd. another contradiction in the gnr fan world.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2004, 01:44:40 PM »

Tickets were 14 bucks each, but i got in for free because my friend from junior high supplies drugs to the employees of the club.

I'm not sure whether to be  Shocked or  Grin

I'd love to see Buckethead live...but I very much doubt he'll ever wing himself over to Europe... crying

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
kockstar99
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2004, 01:54:15 PM »

you know robin left GNR....
so did axl once...

EDIT: not to start any romours, robin came back in 2000...

no shows were ever cancelled by Robin leaving to tour with NIN...  2001 and 2004 shows were cancelled due to Mr Carroll..
estranged.1098
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2004, 04:17:26 PM »

no shows were ever cancelled by Robin leaving to tour with NIN...  2001 and 2004 shows were cancelled due to Mr Carroll..

No 2001 shows were cancelled because of BH according to Axl Rose himself. And there was only one 2004 show.

kockstar99
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2004, 05:32:59 PM »

No 2001 shows were cancelled because of BH according to Axl Rose himself. And there was only one 2004 show.

The 2001 tour was cancelled due to Brain Carrolls Illness.
Just coz Axl Rose says he didnt know he had a tour doesnt change the offical reason given for the cancellations..
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2004, 05:52:22 PM »

I would have written a note telling him to go fuck himself

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
kockstar99
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2004, 06:27:10 PM »

I would have written a note telling him to go fuck himself

haha me too... if he will come here ill flip him off... and im going to return my BH solo cd's... ill throw em at him..
estranged.1098
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2004, 06:33:23 PM »

Just coz Axl Rose says he didnt know he had a tour doesnt change the offical reason given for the cancellations..

The "official reason" was made up by the same person who booked the dates without consulting Axl and is no longer working with Guns N' Roses because of that. And then you have the story explained to you by Axl Rose himself. It seems you're choosing to believe in whatever is more convenient in your new "I hate BH" crusade.

And if you want to put your money where your mouth is:

Bucketheadland
915-C West Foothill Blvd. Suite 545
Claremont, CA,91711

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2004, 06:34:28 PM »

Thats more than likely a lie by the band. Axl later said that he didnt even know about the tour. Promoters intentions gone awry.

That whole bucket thing was prob a lie by the band.
and if it wasnt, then so what, he was sick. Why get on him for being ill.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
kockstar99
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2004, 08:44:37 PM »

The "official reason" was made up by the same person who booked the dates without consulting Axl and is no longer working with Guns N' Roses because of that.
Its still the offical reason.. If your refering to Doug Goldsein he still works with the band btw....

And then you have the story explained to you by Axl Rose himself.
I was not at this show or have i heard a bootleg.. I only heard it 2nd hand... I dont know what to belive.. Maybe Axl was covering for Carrol at the concert?? i dont know what goes on back stage..

It seems you're choosing to believe in whatever is more convenient in your new "I hate BH" crusade.
I dont hate BH..  I dont care about him one way or another.. what he did to back out this close to the show is fucked up tho... He was the official reason for two cancellations... That reason is gone.. time to move on..go ahead and twist how it was all Axl's fault...

Bucketheadland
Claremont, CA,91711

WOW! you looked that up for me?? Maybe Ill box up and mail a plastic bag full of shit to them...

Coz thats what he did to Guns n Roses fans by pulling out of the band this close to a major gig that he had a full year and half to make up his fucking chicken brain for..

« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 08:45:25 PM by kockstar99 » Logged
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2004, 09:02:18 PM »

This is exactly what I thought would happen if BH quit, people just turned on him. Screw that - I still love the Bucket.

Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2004, 09:34:51 PM »

Since I'm not sure  about the true reason about BH deband, I still being his fan.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2004, 09:39:50 PM »

I have loved Buckethead before he was in GNR - but loved GNR longer - quite an impasse to be at - Annie - nice gesture.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
estranged.1098
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2004, 09:42:01 PM »

The "official reason" was made up by the same person who booked the dates without consulting Axl and is no longer working with Guns N' Roses because of that.
Its still the offical reason.. If your refering to Doug Goldsein he still works with the band btw....

I didn't know that he is still working with the band - I'm actually glad if that's true. But I sure read that he was fired.

And then you have the story explained to you by Axl Rose himself.
I was not at this show or have i heard a bootleg.. I only heard it 2nd hand... I dont know what to belive.. Maybe Axl was covering for Carrol at the concert?? i dont know what goes on back stage..

People say many things about Axl but I honestly don't think he's a liar. And why would he lie about something that had been cleared up already?

It seems you're choosing to believe in whatever is more convenient in your new "I hate BH" crusade.
I dont hate BH..  I dont care about him one way or another.. what he did to back out this close to the show is fucked up tho... He was the official reason for two cancellations... That reason is gone.. time to move on..go ahead and twist how it was all Axl's fault...

Actually no, I agree that BH is the main reason for the Lisboa cancellation. But you certainly can't blame the 2001 European tour on him as it's obvious that was someone elses fuck up.

Bucketheadland
Claremont, CA,91711

WOW! you looked that up for me?? Maybe Ill box up and mail a plastic bag full of shit to them...

Coz thats what he did to Guns n Roses fans by pulling out of the band this close to a major gig that he had a full year and half to make up his fucking chicken brain for..

I didn't look it up, it's on the main page of BH's site.

As for BH leaving, I'm inclined to think he was just using GNR to promote himself, but I'd like to believe he simply changed his mind about wanting to be a part of GNR. In either case, if you bought his albums and liked them (I'm assuming you did, because you say you bought more than one) I don't see why all the negativity towards him, specially when even Axl is willing to "discuss".
Chief
Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2004, 02:22:27 AM »

Thanks Annie for giving him the note and for the review. right on, i hope to see him sometime soon!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2004, 06:11:04 AM »

Who? We? Huh

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
kockstar99
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2004, 09:16:10 AM »

I don't see why all the negativity towards him, specially when even Axl is willing to "discuss".

I took "Discuss" to mean Lawsuit... he obviously cant speak about legal thinks in the press... but thats why i thought it has quotes around it...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2004, 09:27:07 AM »

Dont we all want a gitarist that actually wants to be in gnr?? I dunno what's the deal with buckethead but I get the impression that Buckethead doesn't really wants to be. That's why people/ fans make the "I don't want him back" comments.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Counterfeit_God
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2004, 12:24:37 AM »

we just want a cd.

As good as Buckethead is, I'll second the above quote!!
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: