Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:33:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  press release query/optimism
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: press release query/optimism  (Read 4537 times)
Hellraiser Fraser
Headliner

what we have here ...

« on: April 05, 2004, 07:45:22 AM »

Is Axl and GNR not still contracted to Geffen...Geffen supplied the cash for CD, and if so why was the press release which included CD mention, made via Sanctuary records???
     Surely the first official word from Axl about anything since Philly must be a good sign: perhaps the lawsuit, GH and now the Bucket situation will belatedly kick start CD into final release. Also comments from Robin re CD are positive.
     Its just possible that quote ' release in a few months' is possible....thats much more concrete than the last quote 'get on with your lives'!! I'm more optimistic now that the worst of the past 18 months fiasco is over.
     I wouldnt be surprised if there's another defining and unexpected statement soon.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 08:25:48 AM »

Is Axl and GNR not still contracted to Geffen...Geffen supplied the cash for CD, and if so why was the press release which included CD mention, made via Sanctuary records???

Maybe because the management company is part of the Sanctuary Group?  Huh

Its just possible that quote ' release in a few months' is possible....thats much more concrete than the last quote 'get on with your lives'!! I'm more optimistic now that the worst of the past 18 months fiasco is over.

Yeah, I guess "Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months. " sounds better than "But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Death Cube K
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 08:51:05 AM »

Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

This may be the real deal, but everyone should know by now that it's really a bad thing to trust Axl's words. He might mean well, but things change fast in the world of Axl Rose
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 08:56:53 AM »

Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

This may be the real deal, but everyone should know by now that it's really a bad thing to trust Axl's words. He might mean well, but things change fast in the world of Axl Rose

Yeah, but it does sound better / more optimistic. It's a completely different thing if it happens or not....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 08:59:41 AM »

I guess it would be nice to formally define these entities in this thread:

Sanctuary:

Geffen:

Interscope:

Universal:

(I'm not claiming I can, but my guess would be Sanctuary:management; Geffen:label; Interscope:?label?; Universal: owns Geffen)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 09:07:01 AM »

(I'm not claiming I can, but my guess would be Sanctuary:management; Geffen:label; Interscope:?label?; Universal: owns Geffen)

That's how I think it is too.....

/jarmo

Hellraiser Fraser
Headliner

what we have here ...

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 09:40:03 AM »

That's how I think it is too.....

A tad confusing, for instance EMI is the label and management all in one, isnt it? Would Geffen not have publicised their GH statement against Axl/Slash via Sanctuary if Sanctuary were their management? Its also interesting/strange that Axl offers a full apology for this concert via Sanctuary but we still have heard nothing at all about Philly and the rest of cancelled tour...

/jarmo
Hellraiser Fraser
Headliner

what we have here ...

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 09:42:20 AM »

Sorry, these were my comments not Jarmos...somehow it merged, guess Im not too hot at replying with quotes!!

A tad confusing, for instance EMI is the label and management all in one, isnt it? Would Geffen not have publicised their GH statement against Axl/Slash via Sanctuary if Sanctuary were their management? Its also interesting/strange that Axl offers a full apology for this concert via Sanctuary but we still have heard nothing at all about Philly and the rest of cancelled tour...

kockstar99
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 10:43:55 AM »

He will prob not comment on Philly since he prob had or has an ongoing lawsuit with Clear Channel...

There was no legal actions for the RIR....

Id say hes a very busy man.....

Suing your label for the GH release
Loosing a Guitarist..
Fighting a lawsuit against Clear Channel..
Working on your album...
Droping Lawsuits against the label
Finding new guitarist...

Busy busy busy.......
kockstar99
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 10:44:15 AM »

He will prob not comment on Philly since he prob had or has an ongoing lawsuit with Clear Channel...

Loosing a Guitarist..
Working on your album...
Finding new guitarist...

Busy busy busy.......
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 12:31:02 PM »

Loosing a Guitarist..
Working on your album...
Finding new guitarist...

Busy busy busy.......

Exactly Kockstarr99

I totally agree with you  ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 01:11:46 PM »

Yeah, I guess "Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months. " sounds better than "But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."

/jarmo

What does that mean really? Will they be announcing the release date in a few months, or will CD be released in a few months...?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 01:19:24 PM »

/jarmo

What does that mean really? Will they be announcing the release date in a few months, or will CD be released in a few months...?

I'm pretty sure that in a few months, say June or July he will say when CD will be released which will be a couple more months after that, so we just have to wait that much longer.  
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 01:25:06 PM »

/jarmo

Axl hopes to announce a release date. He hopes to be able to say when CD is gonna be released.

/jarmo

kockstar99
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 01:48:37 PM »

Id be happy with a single on the Spiderman2 cd

and a new guitarist announcement...

i like that though He HOPES to have an announcement in the next few months....  
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 02:02:39 PM »

kinda like dizzy was hoping to play Rio?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 02:04:48 PM by sonuVabitch » Logged

Behold, the evil that men do...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: