Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:28:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  baseball
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: baseball  (Read 29371 times)
axls earwax
« on: April 30, 2005, 11:54:02 PM »

what is your favorite baseball team. mine is the twins or cubs. ok
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 10:19:29 AM »

Atlanta Braves

I also love to watch the Cubs on WGN. Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 01:34:34 AM »

Baseball sucks and the seasons are too long and without a salary cap in place their are going to be teams that get into the playoffs every year (Yankees/Braves) and teams that will never make it into the playoffs (Rockies/Devil Rays) 

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 02:14:40 AM »

even though i live in the north marlins are my fav team, they were when they played their first game. also having a salary cap doesnt garentee there will be a fair balance.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 02:16:57 AM by gunsnroses393 » Logged

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 03:41:42 PM »

As of right now neither the Yankees or Braves are anywhere close to the playoffs.  A salary cap would help, but even in the NBA where there is a salary cap you have mostly the same teams in contention every year.  And the Phillies are my team in baseball.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 01:36:16 AM »

yeah in the NBA since the late 80s the only teams that have won it are the lakers bulls rockets pistons and spurs. this year its gonna be eaither the spurs or pistons. 5 teams in almost a 20 year span. and in the nfl the patriots colts steelers eagles packers rams are contenders just about every year, where the cards browns bengals lions and saints are bad almost every year. nfl is a little more balanced but when you have only a 16 game season and a one and done postseason thats gonna happen. whats one reason why the patriots run is so impressive, the nfl is set up for paraty but the patriots are a dynasty

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 10:48:16 AM »

Red Sox and Indians are my top two teams.  I actually have tickets for two games next week to see them play in Cleveland.  Also seeing the Tribe play tonight vs. Arizona.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 11:23:38 AM »

the ny mets.. ok
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 08:17:53 PM »

Yankee's baby all the way peace

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
UziSuicide05
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 10:28:55 PM »

Cards and Braves
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 07:47:30 PM »

Used to like the Yanks

But I'd rather cheer the Jays to .500 then the Yanks to the WS

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 08:05:08 PM »

I would just like to take this moment to say that Grady Sizemore is my God.

And that Brian Cashman is a dumbass for contacting the Indians to see if they'd trade not just Sizemore, but both Sizemore and Coco Crisp.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 05:56:35 PM »

How bout Bobby Abreu lightin' it up at the Derby?  I'd love to see a leadoff jack today in the All-Star Game.  Its about time he gest noticed for being the great player he is.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 12:07:03 PM »

I like the angels but I'm rooting for the White Sox this year because the've been a huge suprise this year.
rainX
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 02:37:42 AM »

the ny mets.. ok

for the first time in a while i fucking agree with you mike.... lets go mets

but yeah, new mets my ass.

anyone in this thread into rotisserie baseball?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »

I am into fantasy baseball but it's sorta different than rotissere baseball.
rainX
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 02:33:59 PM »

I am into fantasy baseball but it's sorta different than rotissere baseball.

yeah that's what i do i just thought fantasy and rotis were the same. i am in one of those GMC fantasy baseball leagues on yahoo... i'm in 6th place today out of 14.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 12:38:38 AM »

As of right now neither the Yankees or Braves are anywhere close to the playoffs.?

I guess I spoke too soon.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 10:20:07 AM »

Uh-Oh...

As written in the Boston Herald...

One big mess! Baseball rife with word of more positive tests
By Howard Bryant
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - Updated: 01:30 AM EST

Before last week's Red Sox-Royals finale, a Royals player, who shall remain nameless, sat in the Kansas City dugout staring straight ahead squinting against the early afternoon sun. The topic was Rafael Palmeiro, whose 10-game suspension for violating the league's steroid policy expires tomorrow.

"Forget Palmeiro," the player said. "Be on the lookout for more. There are more names coming. Trust me."

The television executive whose network is a rights holder of Major League Baseball said last Friday that baseball had the names of as many as a dozen positive steroid tests that it was withholding from the public, unsure in the wake of the Palmeiro disaster exactly how to proceed.

Three days later, before Monday's 11-6 Sox win over Texas, a Red Sox pitcher heard the same thing, which reminded me of the words, "the rumors are always true," a classic line in Robert Altman's 1992 film "The Player."

"We're all hearing the same thing," the player said, noting that leading up to the Palmeiro announcement word had floated for days that "somebody big" was going down. "I heard they had 58 names they weren't releasing. I also heard that at least two were bigger than Palmeiro."

Later that afternoon, a former executive told me he had heard the talk recently, too, but the number is closer to 50 than 58.

Baseball executives say the rumors are not true, that the talk is cheap, more grist for the messy rumor mill. Baseball officials say there is no intrigue.

Yet this is the tale being spun around clubhouses in Major League Baseball, emblematic of the odd and suspicious environment that exists around the game right now.

The season itself is powered by Old Faithful ? the wondrous game itself ? and the power of baseball alone is preventing the season from turning into one big mess. But internally, teams are angry at the way the steroid process has unfolded.

The Red Sox are livid ? less so now because Baltimore has fallen out of the race ? that Palmeiro was allowed to play against them in the four-game series before the All-Star break. Imagine the games where Palmeiro demolished the Red Sox affecting the pennant race. Sox officials remain quiet on the subject, however, lest they give the appearance of sour grapes.

An Oakland executive not named Beane was frustrated, leaning toward believing the rumors. "If they knew about Palmeiro since May," the executive said, "what's to say they aren't sitting on more names?"

Players now sympathize with Juan Rincon, the Twins pitcher who was suspended for 10 games without appeal. Three months after his suspension, having already forfeited games and salary, Rincon's appeal is now being heard. Players want to know if they are being set up by the league in this political wrestling match to prove it is not soft on drugs. The leak that Palmeiro used the powerful steroid stanozolol, players believe, came from Park Avenue.

Twins officials aren't happy, either, for had Rincon been allowed to play while his appeal was being heard ? as was the case with Palmeiro ? he might have helped them chalk up a few more wins, something the Twins desperately need as they fade from the playoff race. Rincon has been told if his appeal is upheld he will have his service time reinstated. League officials haven't, however, told him how he will reclaim his name.

Any theories on the list of 50, especially the two names bigger than Palmeiro?

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 10:26:46 PM »

Take your pick for the 50 but my bet on the 2 are Barry Bonds and Clemens.  Both of those guys bulked up and added mass that just doesn't happen when you're 40+.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: